Automobilista 2 | Build 0.9.3.2 Hotfix Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have put together another new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - addressing several minor issues within the title.

Developed as something of a follow up to the large 9.3.1 release late last week, Reiza Studios have not let something as insignificant as the weekend get in the way of progress, as the Brazilian team quickly go about addressing some of the issues that crept into the game as part of the most recent weekly build update.

Key change for this large hotfix deployment is of course the many varied AI enhancements that have been brought to the simulation, as Reiza continue to refine and tweak what is rapidly becoming an improved implementation of the computer artificial intelligence within the title.

Update 0.9.3.2 Update Notes:
  • Fixed bug causing only Stock Car V8 cars to load when attempting a multiclass race with it
  • Added option to switch autoclutch and auto gears On / Off from Gameplay screen (previously in Controls screen only)
  • Fixed series livery assignment in multiplayer and multi-class events
  • Fixed selected state of brake bias option in IBM
  • Reduced AI brake power in non-formula cars
  • Reduced AI Throttle application variation with AI skill
  • Adjusted AI speed sensitiviity relative to car in front (improves start / 1st lap performance)
  • Adjusted F3 & AJR, Ultima Race aero yaw sensitivity
  • Adjusted Opala 1986 & Hotcar tire physics
  • Fixed Opala wheelbase error
  • Fixed Sigma P1 windshield flickering in cockpit view

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

I don't really see how comparing cars in two simulations is showing any more "expertise" than anyone else in this thread though? At no time have I seen any real racing driver with actual experience of the featured cars post his/her opinions on AMS 2's physics or FFB on RD.

Didn't MarkR have lots of RL experience with the Caterhams and come here to say how realistic they felt with Videos only to be shot down in some shape or form? I don't think it matters to some people what RL experience says about the sim.

So is wrong.
Ok, I have no idea what you're on about now bud. Oh well. :whistling:

Didn't MarkR have lots of RL experience with the Caterhams and come here to say how realistic they felt with Videos only to be shot down in some shape or form? I don't think it matters to some people what RL experience says about the sim.
I don't remember, but you're probably right. There's a very small but very vocal minority on most forums who will shoot anything down that doesn't match their own opinions, regardless of the source. It's one of the reasons I limit my involvement in "realism" discussions. It's just not worth it most of the time.

Ok, I have no idea what you're on about now bud. Oh well. :whistling:

I don't remember, but you're probably right. There's a very small but very vocal minority on most forums who will shoot anything down that doesn't match their own opinions, regardless of the source. It's one of the reasons I limit my involvement in "realism" discussions. It's just not worth it most of the time.

In the meanwhile we just received an update on the beta version.
Tried one of the worst cars in terms of physics (the Copa Chevrolet) and now it is completely transformed for good.
Finally it can oversteer on throttle and it's simply a joy to drive on the edge of grip puninshing when deserved but controllable.

Maybe the vocal minority was not so wrong... (let's hope the developers will not be influenced anymore by the major crew of 'experts'). :roflmao:

In the meanwhile we just received an update on the beta version.
Tried one of the worst cars in terms of physics (the Copa Chevrolet) and now it is completely transformed for good.
Finally it can oversteer on throttle and it's simply a joy to drive on the edge of grip puninshing when deserved but controllable.

Maybe the vocal minority was not so wrong... (let's hope the developers will not be influenced anymore by the major crew of 'experts'). :roflmao:

According to this same group, such transformations should not be possible because the Madness engine does not allow for it. Not only that, this same group are very rarely specific about their criticism. I don't think anyone thinks all cars are the same in terms of handling quality much the same as rf2 has varying quality of cars. (from personal perspectives)

According to this same group, such transformations should not be possible because the Madness engine does not allow for it. Not only that, this same group are very rarely specific about their criticism. I don't think anyone thinks all cars are the same in terms of handling quality much the same as rf2 has varying quality of cars. (from personal perspectives)

I've always considered Madness engine as great engineering work calibrated by people with absolutely no experience about driving.
The final result was the interpretation of how a sport car should behave in the confused mind of a teenager genius nerd...

Reiza, after an undoubtedly uncertain start, seems now to much better understand the parameters regulating the engine (mostly the tires) and the results are finally rising up to their standards.

You seem to be confused as to whether we're talking about FFB or physics.

As has been said on numerous occasions, FFB is subjective. It's "good" if it is giving the driver the information they want and need. It's "bad" if it isn't. Therefore, "good" or "bad" FFB is going to be a matter of opinion based on what information the driver wants/needs from his/her wheel. That is why there are two sides to the FFB argument is every single sim ever made, the side who like the FFB and the side who don't. AMS 2 is no different in this regard.

As for physics, the only way any of us can truly know if they are realistic or not is to go out and try the real thing. Trouble is, most of us will never have that opportunity. However, I still don't see that comparing cars in sims is in any way helpful, since we have no way of knowing which sim has it right and which has it wrong... or if they both have it wrong. Without first-hand experience, it's a bit like FFB... nothing more than opinion.
my opinion (and remember, opinions, are like assholes, everybody has one)

FFB is about feeling connected to the car/road, its IF i can feel I am about to loose control or not, and physics is separately about how the car designer decided WHEN the car looses control. The two meet through the driver, learning the car and the track and working out through the wheel feedback, when that physics tipping point is reached.

Personally, i doubt that even owning the same cars, tracks and access to actual car on actual track, they will ever match, because the makers of games have to try put a LOT more tactile feedback into a wheel than can be felt IRL in a car. IRL roll pitch and yaw/rotation of the vehicle is a mix of inner ear, body shift with gforce, positional audio etc.. and not always present in the wheel. We should not loose sight of the fact these are still just games, and no matter how much we spend on them, or how fancy our equipment is, the critical components of actual racing are still missing, you will not die from taking that corner to fast, you didnt just write your car off, and you didn't just pay your track fees or buy new tyres or spend your hooker money on fuel instead, you are not feeling the insane acceleration in your body.

(maybe a caveat to above would be iracing where i suspect it is in fact more expensive than actually writing your car of an paying track fees ;) )

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.