Auto Cam

Apps Auto Cam V1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there any way for Auto cam to work with cam tool 2 ?

for example I have a full track script for camtool, but would be great to use announcer bot and bcast with them. So essentially it needs just switch driver rather than cam.. and let the cams be handled by cam tool.

It's possible to switch autocam off and use camtool, and manually switching cars using bcast works and announcer bot seems to work so could it be possible ?
Look in the INI

cameraSwitchingEnabled = 1

If you set that to 0 it disables camera switching.

I started looking at CT2 at some point previously, but never really worked it into my set of streaming apps.

Last edited:
Look in the INI

cameraSwitchingEnabled = 1

If you set that to 0 it disables camera switching.

I started looking at CT2 at some point previously, but never really worked it into my set of streaming apps.
Thx Esotic,

I discovered the separate driver and cam switching in the ini after I posted this, and with driver switching on, and cam switching off I can get it to work with cam tool. It does still seem to want to switch cameras though I think till one is selected. Also in cam tool it seems you must leave the app on the tracking tab for it to actually track the driver changes correctly...

:)

Hi. I've been trying to make it so that the camera changes driver every now and then (I only set it to use chase camera), but most times it only focuses on 2 AI cars instead. It will change to others and follow them like only for 3 - 5 seconds but then it changes back to focus on those 2 cars again for like 10 - 20 seconds.

Is this because of the battle-cam and battle-gap?
So far I disabled camera switch but enabled driver switch. I reduced driver switch delay to 5 but my issue above is still there.

I'd like the driver switching to be somewhat even throughout the cars, because I usually only put 6 AI cars max or my CPU goes 99%.

Hi. I've been trying to make it so that the camera changes driver every now and then (I only set it to use chase camera), but most times it only focuses on 2 AI cars instead. It will change to others and follow them like only for 3 - 5 seconds but then it changes back to focus on those 2 cars again for like 10 - 20 seconds.

Is this because of the battle-cam and battle-gap?
So far I disabled camera switch but enabled driver switch. I reduced driver switch delay to 5 but my issue above is still there.

I'd like the driver switching to be somewhat even throughout the cars, because I usually only put 6 AI cars max or my CPU goes 99%.
BattleGap is one of the delta filters being used by AutoCam. Generally any car trailing within the BattleGap will get priority, and it will shift back to those battles quicker than it would for a car trailing outside of the BattleGap. In order to get a more random distribution throughout the field I'm guessing you'd want battleGap and trailingGap to both be very small, maybe something like 0.01 and 0.02?

battleGap = 0.75
trailingGap = 5.0

The code I have is attempting to load the trailingGap from the INI, but trailingGap is not in the INI by default, so maybe check the version you have to see if that's also true.

AutoCam is now part of the Streaming? Sweet!!, and this version is no longer being updated:

Last edited:
Awesome plugin, just been playing with it.

Could you let me know what "off pace can override battles" means?

also...is it possible to disable the chase cam view?
Please note that AutoCam is now part of the "Streaming? Sweet!"

From the INI:
;drivableCams = 0^0|1^1|2^0|3^0|4^1 - Chase1|Chase2|Roof|Bonnet|Dash
If you want to disable any of the cams set the seconds value in the subset to 0
;This would enable only the dash cam:
drivableCams = 0^0|1^0|2^0|3^0|4^1

I'm guessing I forgot to add a note in the INI about the offPaceCanOverrideBattles value, which controls whether cars that are off pace are allowed to take the focus away from cars that are actively in a battle (two cars within battleGap). The app tracks expected speeds and can switch focus to cars that are "off pace", which could be due to a mistake or contact.

Sweet :) Had some fun playing with the settings last night on a live stream. Will play further with the driveableCams setting tonight, this is probably one of the best mods I have seen so far for providing an intense spectator-style live-stream in AC. Thank you.

I've noticed a weird "glitch" when someone jumps-the-start and gets put in to the pits as a penalty. I've attached a link to the stream below. Have you come across this before? Is there a known fix?

Sweet :) Had some fun playing with the settings last night on a live stream. Will play further with the driveableCams setting tonight, this is probably one of the best mods I have seen so far for providing an intense spectator-style live-stream in AC. Thank you.

I've noticed a weird "glitch" when someone jumps-the-start and gets put in to the pits as a penalty. I've attached a link to the stream below. Have you come across this before? Is there a known fix?

Is this the latest version from the Streaming Sweet? I have a vague memory of that, but thought it was fixed.

Is this the latest version from the Streaming Sweet? I have a vague memory of that, but thought it was fixed.
Yes, I've only been playing with AC for a short while [6 weeks or so] always get the latest updates when they're posted. setting cams 0 & 1 [chase cams] to 0 in "Driveable cams" section stops this from happening.

1679868689090.png

Can you PM me a replay that demonstrates the behaviour? That will make it easier to test/fix.
Apologies for my tardiness, went down the ReShade rabbit hole for a while. I'm having trouble replicating the issue now, to be honest though I have changed the default settings for autocam so much and also begun modding tracks and cars to fix many of the camera issues I was experiencing (nothing to do with autocam). I will continue to investigate, but for now the issue appears to be resolved.

Firstly thank you so much for your tool, it has been a great resource for me to use while broadcasting races for my communities. At times I feel like "Auto-Cam lets me down" when it was chasing a battle and switches to something else. I know these settings can be changed, but at times it's just the timer, or proximity to another car that causes the change.

I was wondering if there is a way to assign a hotkey or a button mapped to a hotkey that would allow me to quickly disable the auto camera via my stream deck or keyboard while streaming live. This would allow me the opportunity to jump in and take over the camera settings if there was a good battle or event.

Thank you again for your help.

Last edited:
Firstly thank you so much for your tool, it has been a great resource for me to use while broadcasting races for my communities. At times I feel like "Auto-Cam lets me down" when it was chasing a battle and switches to something else. I know these settings can be changed, but at times it's just the timer, or proximity to another car that causes the change.

I was wondering if there is a way to assign a hotkey or a button mapped to a hotkey that would allow me to quickly disable the auto camera via my stream deck or keyboard while streaming live. This would allow me the opportunity to jump in and take over the camera settings if there was a good battle or event.

Thank you again for your help.
You can toggle Camera Switching on and off using Ctrl+F6

You can toggle Driver Switching on and off using Ctrl+F7

These hot keys should be in this version, but AutoCam has been rolled into the "Streaming? Sweet!!" app collection, so you may need that one.

Is there a way to get it to swich only between two chosen drivers? If so how?

Look for this in the INI

;preferredDrivers = Example Name 1|Example Name 2
;preferredDrivers = David Zahn

Remove one of the semicolons and enter the names keeping the pipe | between them. I don't remember if it only selects these drivers, but it should prefer them.

Last edited:
I have a second PC setup to follow my car with a track cam. As soon as the race starts the cam starts to go nuts. I'm not sure what I'm missing but I've been spending hours running tests to try and fix this.

I have the auto start system setup to run and auto cam on. It works great during practice.

I have a second PC setup to follow my car with a track cam. As soon as the race starts the cam starts to go nuts. I'm not sure what I'm missing but I've been spending hours running tests to try and fix this.

I have the auto start system setup to run and auto cam on. It works great during practice.

Are you using any other cam apps like drone cam, camtool etc. disable them

Esotic great work mate,
I hope you see this question.

But is there away that if cars lock up or have contact with car or wall it will switch to them?
The python apps don't get data about collisions, so contacts would have to be inferred. Lock ups can also be inferred, but only for the players car, not other cars on track.

The python apps don't get data about collisions, so contacts would have to be inferred. Lock ups can also be inferred, but only for the players car, not other cars on track.
Thanks for writing back,
So yes it can kinda work? but not from data of a collision but more of a position between cars?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back