Australia & New Zealand

Oceania Results Rounds 1 to 4

This is for Wally.
Attached are the results from the first 4 rounds based on replays. I hope they are correct, it is the best I could determine from all of the replays.

Attachments

• Oceania Results Rd 1 to 4.rar
    2.9 KB · Views: 146
Season Points ??

Now that Wally has done such a great job of creating a season points record, I thought it appropriate to discuss the allocation of points. Wally has used the old XGN method of 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1.
However, given that we currently have much larger fields and wish to encourage large grids, is it better to spread the points further down the order.
Currently there are no incentive points for finishing P8 to P25 (all get 1 point). Also, the end result is that someone who attends very few events can score much more heavily than someone who regularly turns up but can't break into the top 7 placings. As an example, someone who attends 1 event but wins the race scores the same as someone who raced 10 times coming 8th in all races.

Just thought I'd throw it out there for debate, although I know that every method will have good and bad points. I also don't know whether the current programme used by Wally can handle different points allocation.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/club-support/5832-[oceania-zone]-season-standings.html

I think points allocation is a great idea, but first I think we need to look at creating a real 'Season'. Tracks, cars etc planned in advance.

This also causes some issues, I really enjoy the people who drop in when they see that our race numbers are small. Do we include these people in the points? How much extra work is there for Wally to populate a different list each week when we have 'one-off' appearances?

Geeee no pressure there. You know I love my racing, my only issues with this are

- When are the races? I work a rotating shift so I might not be available to race all the time. Better to have someone there who will always be able race.

- You know I have issues with my connection. Is it fast enough to race against a full grid of cars from all over the world?

I have no idea what happened to JC either. He just stopped showing up for the league races at XGN. Such a shame because we used to have such great battles.

Yes, Ysu's old program can handle any points allocation we want, so we can extend different points all the way down the placings. I think one of the old XGN seasons (when there were lots of runners) had points starting from 30 for the winner i.e. 30, 27, 25, 24, 23.... right down to 1, something like that. A good point that was raised once is that you need an incentive to actually finish a "ruined" race rather than quit, so an extended points range helps that too.

And to Cam, it's not a problem in the standings to have new people pop in for random races. The program has a mode (I'm pretty sure) where it can automatically add new people that appear in the results file. I also think it's good not to discourage people popping in for the odd race here and there. It mixes it up and boosts numbers.

• Grant Daly

Nope once was enough :)
But I did go Radicals at Istanbul ...
Coz it's about bloody time ! ! ! ;)

Race start times

A quick poll to get a general feeling on the race start times. I know that people are missing out due to Monday morning commitments etc:

Pick a time from the above list to guide the Oceania group.

I picked 11:00 GMT. Thought I would compromise, despite it affecting me the following day.

although i am not in the Oz group, but planned to race with you guys regularly if there is a place of course. I would vote for 10.30 GMT start for race, then by it finishes just about there is time to get for lunch (and also no conflict for F1... lol)

I picked 11.00 GMT, mainly to ensure that West Australian and SE Asian members don't have to start too early, but it may still give East Coast Australians time to complete family committments like spending time with the kids.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.