Australia & New Zealand

Wow that was an action packed video Wally. Not sure that the track was fully to blame there, not exactly high driving standards respecting the track and each other.
But that was my fear for holding an event at Surfers, the potential for a demolition is there, and our group isn't driving clean enough yet to risk it.

Nice fun video though. Love the choice of music. :thumb:

Nice vid Wally. Made me really miss racing in gtl. The problem with the surfers track is those perpendicular walls accross the chichanes, and to go fast you have to get as close to them as possible. One tiny miss-judgement and you wreck your car in 1 go.

• jezza323

i wondered what steam was frantically downloading this morning, lol

• Grant Daly

Thanks for the Vid Wal it's bloody great, you threw it together huh? Not bad at all
I'll have to get in touch with you I'd like to learn something about how the hell to do those vids up???

Still got a TruckLoad Of laughs outa it man thanks...

Also is that GTL or HistorX??? And I know I'm a noob but how can I get HistorX to work??????????????????

• Steve Perryman

That would definitely have been GTL Grant, and Season 1-3 or thereabouts of XGN league which I got involved in during season 5.
In fact it was Wally's vids that convinced me to join my first league, 4 seasons of GTL before XGN died earlier this year.

Just download HistorX (all 1 gig of it), and install it to Your Rfactor folder, some of the cars are extremely hard to drive, there is no adjustment for power and coast for the diff, so upshifting and downshifting can cause locked rears, at least on the Capri anyway.

I have opened sign-ups for the next event:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/clu...[wtcc]-melbourne-sunday-20th-july-2008-a.html

Sorry for being a bit late and also staying with the old WTCC cars, but thanks to the recent Optus cable cut fiasco, I have not had any internet for a day or so (like half of QLD) and haven't had any chance to test other options. At least we have an Aussie track though.
So, lets all invade Melbourne.
I was tempted to go for variable weather, but who knows what Melbourne could turn on. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the Vid Wal it's bloody great, you threw it together huh? Not bad at all
I'll have to get in touch with you I'd like to learn something about how the hell to do those vids up???

Still got a TruckLoad Of laughs outa it man thanks...

Also is that GTL or HistorX??? And I know I'm a noob but how can I get HistorX to work??????????????????
Yep, GTL. Have a look here for some other XGN Season 4 vids. You will need the DivX codec if you don't already have it (Download DivX for Windows). Making the vids was heaps of fun, but ended up taking me far too long (many hours per vid).

Yep, GTL. Have a look here for some other XGN Season 4 vids. You will need the DivX codec if you don't already have it (Download DivX for Windows). Making the vids was heaps of fun, but ended up taking me far too long (many hours per vid).
I miss your vids Wally, but I bet you don't miss the sleep deprivation!
You used to have some of these things out by the next morning after the race, I don't know how you did it.

• Grant Daly

Oh well... :noidea:

Oi !!!:attention:But I did think that I would at least get some feedback???

Nope.... :pout:

:boink:
Poke in the eye with a stick???

Not even a titter.... :tsk:

:violin::rip: Thread :typing: :rain::rain::ohwell:

Thankyou anyway Warren! :thumb: MATE!!!

Sorry Grant, but my wife had other plans.
Looks like I'll just miss it though, we will probably have to go to Brisbane early next week to see my wife's mum who is gravely ill and back in hospital again, but it won't be a pleasant trip.

Important Poll

Hi all,

As you may already be aware, Race Department are running a poll to discover where all of the RD racers are based.

You can find the poll here: CLICK ME!!

Please take the time to complete this poll (it'll take a whole two clicks) as this will assist RD's development which, in turn, provides better service for all of us.

Thanks,

Cam

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%