AC Auriel 90 GTO at Circuit Thermalito - Saturday Nov 18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Race Club!
Screenshot_vrc_arc_auriel90_thermalito_2023_13-10-123-6-7-32.jpg

Take an amazing track, originally created years ago by DDF Racer and now completely remastered by @Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods for Assetto Corsa, and add a seriously overpowered turbo-charged rocket by VRC and you're in for wild ride! This is a track and car combo you're going to love!

Come join us for a short format event to get you pumped up for a Saturday.

Hope to see you then!

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=6

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 7 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 08:30 PDT | 11:30 EST | 16:30 UTC | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 08:45 PDT | 11:45 EST | 16:45 UTC | 15 minutes - Qualification
  • 09:00 PDT | 12:00 EST | 17:00 UTC | 7 Laps - Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited:
I had the car and been a while since I drove it. And tried the track the other day with a GT1 car. So I did some laps. It's a nice fictional track, I love some parts of it! Not sure about racing here though, not much overtaking spots I think.

I have no setup for it but enducing some slight oversteer setup wise will probably gain you quite some laptime around here I think.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll have to go back and try it again with driving mode set to 'drift' :D. as for passing opportunities here, if I'm not mistaken, these cars are smaller and more maneuverable than the GT1 cars so hopefully they can find their way around here more easily.

I had the car and been a while since I drove it. And tried the track the other day with a GT1 car. So I did some laps. It's a nice fictional track, I love some parts of it! Not sure about racing here though, not much overtaking spots I think.

I have no setup for it but enducing some slight oversteer setup wise will probably gain you quite some laptime around here I think.
had to re-start server and lost the recorded lap times. sorry, not intentional, i promise :cautious::geek: everything working fine now, if you want to smash my lap time again...

So, it turns out that I somehow managed to set up this race exactly on the same day that the actual track creator DDF Racer has scheduled a community racing event for the same track. :confused:

Just became aware of this. Therefore, out of respect for DDF Racer and the event he had probably been planning for some time, I'll post-pone this one for now.

Here is some info for that event if anyone is interested:

Looks like it's going to be a good one!!

I'll leave this combo up on the server as Time Attack in the meanwhile if anyone wants to try their luck at a sub 2 minute lap time.
Cheers!

I have so much respect for Laurent’s time, but the car it totally out of its depths with this circuit for more average drivers.
This circuit is for lower class car like the Mazda.
The Audi is just plain difficult, massively over powered, no abs, no Tc, no grip .
I just could not devote the effort into it, especially on this circuit.
The car and circuit are diametrically opposed.
I am just giving my impression, may be Silverstone old circuit, or some thing with a flow, a circuit with virtually every corner that is just there to show the cars short comings up is not a winner.
Plus you have to buy a car that is a pain in the rear.

I thought I would give you my point of view and say it as I see it.

I have so much respect for Laurent’s time, but the car it totally out of its depths with this circuit for more average drivers.
This circuit is for lower class car like the Mazda.
The Audi is just plain difficult, massively over powered, no abs, no Tc, no grip .
I just could not devote the effort into it, especially on this circuit.
The car and circuit are diametrically opposed.
I am just giving my impression, may be Silverstone old circuit, or some thing with a flow, a circuit with virtually every corner that is just there to show the cars short comings up is not a winner.
Plus you have to buy a car that is a pain in the rear.

I thought I would give you my point of view and say it as I see it.
Ahhh, duly noted. What can I say, I always appreciate the feedback Ernie--which you usually give, even if it's not positive. Most other folks just stay silent and simply just don't sign up. I should hire you to be my race event consultant... :D

I recently raced this car with the VRC community at Laguna Seca and then at their Alabama track. With the exception of the corkscrew and the first set of curves at Laguna, those tracks do indeed have more of an open flow so perhaps better fitting for this car. Guess I got too excited when I saw this track come out, which I still think is very nice, and was also excited to discover the Auriel which I personally thought was a blast to drive. I'll have to work on curbing my enthusiasm...

With all due respect, I truly wish I could just stick to driving Mazdas (always seems to come back to Mazdas) or GT3 cars, then I wouldn't have this itch to try new things... :p Oh well, can't seem to resist trying... I wish I could join Colin's classic car events, but unfortunately, those clash with my work schedule...

you could look at the

TRD DRW12 Mod​

"free", great to drive and can be matched with Mazda, Mercedes C9, long and short tailed Porsche and Le-Mans no chicane.

you could look at the

TRD DRW12 Mod​

"free", great to drive and can be matched with Mazda, Mercedes C9, long and short tailed Porsche and Le-Mans no chicane.
Intrigued... I'll check it. any suggestions for a day / time..? That's my other challenge...

Edit: Oh yes, I see that's the mod that recently came out.

Last edited:
I see the server is gone, any one attempted to set a time with the Audi in the meantime?

I liked the challenge myself but Ernie is probably right that it is maybe too difficult to drive fast on a technical track like this one.

I tried Laurent, it soon became obvious it was going to consume too much time.
So if you will allow me to congratulate you on your time again:). I struggled to get a lap, let alone get even remotely near your time.
I do think with the correct circuit this would be a great drive, Silverstone 60’s circuit. But for me totally hopeless on this circuit.

I tried Laurent, it soon became obvious it was going to consume too much time.
So if you will allow me to congratulate you on your time again:). I struggled to get a lap, let alone get even remotely near your time.
I do think with the correct circuit this would be a great drive, Silverstone 60’s circuit. But for me totally hopeless on this circuit.
It's nice that you tried!

i liked the challenge too. i thought ernie was always up to a good challenge, but guess not:D
he wasn't alone, it seems. only a couple of other people gave it a shot, no one came close to your time (that i know of :ninja:). actually, i was the closest if you can believe that.

yes, thanks for trying. on to something else. cooking up a 24 hour le mans (with time and weather transitions) compressed into 1 hour - group C cars, as per Ernie's suggestion. the challenge is going to be finding a day/time that would actually get some folks on the grid...

also, thinking to do the 90s endurance triple crown:

12 hours sebring
24 hours daytona
24 le mans

keep you posted!
PS: you should give the Auriel another try at the circuit of your choice. it really is a beauty...!

Last edited:
Tried the car at Silverstone 67, a totally different car, from a mess to brilliant.:)

just tested again, gets better.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Tried the car at Silverstone 67, a totally different car, from a mess to brilliant.:)
Haha, it was brilliant at the Thermalisto track already :) Personally I prefer the technical tracks with it but that's because I can drive it :cool:

Silverstone 67 is for cars of that age only and great at that, love that track so much.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.