AC Auriel 90 GTO at Circuit Thermalito - Saturday Nov 18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It has nothing to do with the track really, it is that you do not get into trouble with its power, and trying to stop an F1 accelerating car with no down force and no abs.
I was immediately at home on the Silverstone circuit, it would have been a very drawn out time to get the car into my head, plus it was not enjoyable attempting that.
Silverstone was enjoyable from the start.
i will give the termo circuit another go.

Funny, I actually thought it was enjoyable to try and get a handle on this car at this track. Unfortunately for me, however, and unlike Laurent, I couldn't drive this car right out of the box. Took a lot of getting used to. However, even with my mediocre simracing skills, I still like a big challenge. :D
Who knows may have to dig this one back up at some point in the future.

Got near that time 2-03, still hate the circuit, no fun, stupid chicane, would never race this car here.
sorry:(
Lol. well you gave it a chance, and then some! no apologies needed. if you don't like it, you don't like it! if we all liked the same things, it would be a pretty boring world!

Great cars, like them a lot. I really like the Auriel, I assumed the time in the video was for the Auriel. :roflmao::roflmao: Just noticed for a 911.
I really like the car, just pick a circuit that it suits. It.
It took me zero try’s to lap Silverstone 67, it took me 10 goes to get even half a lap at thermo.:unsure:

Ok, I submit for your review and consideration, our controversial car at Lime Rock. Loaded in Time Attack mode on Server 6.

In keeping with historical accuracy, I chose a track from the actual late 80s IMSA series this car competed in.
Has a good flow, not as technical as Thermalito, and the crest at the back sector gives you some nice air time...

Give it a run and let me know. Maybe I can make this one into an actual race depending on feedback / interest.
d

PS: Well, I see my lap time has already been smashed by our local Alien :alien: Nice One Mr. F!

Last edited:
you could look at the

TRD DRW12 Mod​

"free", great to drive and can be matched with Mazda, Mercedes C9, long and short tailed Porsche and Le-Mans no chicane.
BTW, I was going to include this new mod in the upcoming LM race but turns out that is was developed with some borrowed content from the Kunos C9 (interior and sounds) and the download was subsequently removed. Too bad, the modder put a lot of time and effort into that car and it was pretty nice. He just got a lot of flack in the comments.

Anyways, I think some other modders have taken over the project and will 'make it their own' so I believe it is set to come back next year....

Just in case you were wondering why those cars are not included in the line up.

I also think no one would be in the Kunos cars, it would be the only car that makes sense. It drives exactly how I imagine a group C car should drive.
The others would kill off all the drivers in a race if they were for real.
AMS2 is really good for group C , ie, they make sense. Didn’t, do now.

I also think no one would be in the Kunos cars, it would be the only car that makes sense. It drives exactly how I imagine a group C car should drive.
AMS2 is really good for group C , ie, they make sense. Didn’t, do now.
I'll have to go back and give ams2 another try then, and see how those group c cars are there.

Every time I've tried ams2 in the past, the driving felt somewhat off for some reason i can't put my finger on, so i never really connected with it. I'll look into it again.

AMS2 is reall
Hey Ernie, i asked you to try AMS2 the other day and said you should drive the Group C again.
I asked you to let me know what you thought.
I thought you had forgot to try them thinking to yourself, 'what does that old fool know' :unsure:
But no! you added it to your wizdom bank and passed it off as your idea.
I have witnesses you know :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Just pulling your leg Ernie :D:D:D

It is true Dominic, they have done a lot of work on the sim and it has been transformed.
Thankfully, and i say this because i like AC. Not everything drives perfect but group C really do drive better than AC now.
We might all gravitate towards AMS2 if it keeps improving
y good for group C , ie, they make sense. Didn’t, do now.Hey Er

Yes Steve, I was so impressed, exactly as you said. Still a bit sliddy, but easy to adapt to, but on the positive note it does inform you that you have exceeded the tyres slip angle.
But the big stand out was it made the C9 make sense.
I used to race in AMS2 group C for a while, but they made as much sense as the Kunos group C, ie not much.
I know I am just repeating what you told me, and yes I did not remember if it was you, Paul or Richard, I am an old git, so I have a good excuse.:confused::roflmao::roflmao:

PS, it was quite refreshing to ride kerbs and hit the Ai and not disappear into the scenery for no obvious reason.
But in the end AC has an almost limitless amount of cars and tracks.
It is a pity that they cannot just sort those two things out, ie tyre model and collision model.

Last edited:
Hey Ernie, i asked you to try AMS2 the other day and said you should drive the Group C again.
I asked you to let me know what you thought.
I thought you had forgot to try them thinking to yourself, 'what does that old fool know' :unsure:
But no! you added it to your wizdom bank and passed it off as your idea.
I have witnesses you know :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Just pulling your leg Ernie :D:D:D

It is true Dominic, they have done a lot of work on the sim and it has been transformed.
Thankfully, and i say this because i like AC. Not everything drives perfect but group C really do drive better than AC now.
We might all gravitate towards AMS2 if it keeps improving
lol. ok, i'll have to take your advice and give ams2 another try. i may be getting along in years myself, but i have not forgotten it was you that convinced me to go VR. bought myself an occulus rift s (2nd hand) as you suggested and i'm loving it so much! i don't see myself ever going back to a flat screen. many thanks again for introducing me to the joys of vr racing.

on that note, how's the vr in ams2?

lol. ok, i'll have to take your advice and give ams2 another try. i may be getting along in years myself, but i have not forgotten it was you that convinced me to go VR. bought myself an occulus rift s (2nd hand) as you suggested and i'm loving it so much! i don't see myself ever going back to a flat screen. many thanks again for introducing me to the joys of vr racing.

on that note, how's the vr in ams2?
Maybe better than AC Dominic, easier to run for sure.
I had a problem with my Rift s. My cable started to play up and impossible to get a new one.
Second hand one might be same as mine so unfortunately I had to upgrade to the HP reverb g2.
Lovely headset but I can't use its full potential. Not really a problem as at 70% it is really nice. Future proofed though I think. Rift s is a good workhorse though. Stick with it until you need to change imho

VR works fine in AMS2 from my experience and as others have said, the group c cars are great to drive and you can have a good race with them. definitely worth a try.
i just fired up ams2 after about 6 months, and used it with vr for the first time. oh man! now my world has been rocked... the vr works really nicely, looks stunning. and the group c cars are indeed a treat to drive.

damn, i almost wish i hadn't tried it. i've really come to love AC and wanted to try to stick with it, now i'm in a real dilemma. i've been wanting to focus on getting better in just AC, now this other distraction in the name of ams2 is pulling at me.

i'm going to try to stay strong and just stick with AC for now. just simply don't have the time to explore all these sims, as wonderful as they are.

Maybe better than AC Dominic, easier to run for sure.
I had a problem with my Rift s. My cable started to play up and impossible to get a new one.
Second hand one might be same as mine so unfortunately I had to upgrade to the HP reverb g2.
Lovely headset but I can't use its full potential. Not really a problem as at 70% it is really nice. Future proofed though I think. Rift s is a good workhorse though. Stick with it until you need to change imho
i'm glad you told me about this cable thing, and that they are not easy to replace. i've been catching the darn cat playing with that cord, and i swear if she chews that damn thing apart i'm going to have no choice but to take her on a trip to the shelter! ;-0 kidding...

sorry to hear about the growing pains with the reverb. does it have less of a 'screen door effect'? i hadn't noticed this until Ernie (I believe) mentioned he had tried VR but couldn't get over the feeling of looking through a screen door, since the resolution is not as crisp as with a monitor. now i notice that more, but still not about to go back to flat screens...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.