Resource icon

Misc Assetto4Seasons 4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
fabrizio piedepesante updated Assetto4Seasons with a new update entry:

Radical Shift

Hi all. Release 3.0 represent a significant move forward, both functionally and visually.
Before updating I suggest to backup previous release.
HIGHLIGHTS
- Full implementation of astrophysics rules
- Full day/full night span lighting design
- Other fucntional/performance changes

Full implementation of astrophysics rules
Now the mod implement fully the position of the sun at any given time of any day of the year for any latitude (both Boreal and Austral emisphere).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Awesome job!
If i got it right, it's not still 100% 24h cycle meaning that i can't go from sunrise->sunset->sunrise but i need to choose 2 different scenarios
1. sunrise->sunset
or
2. sunset->sunrise
Right?

Hi, I've just tried to run a race at Imola ar 14:00. I use the 1.22 Dynamic Lights patch and the Natural Mod PP, but once I select this weather (in detail, Summer) I get a very yellow-ish look.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_imola_7-8-118-18-42-40.jpg

Is there anything I can have a look at? I already enabled the advanced weather features in CM.

Last edited:
Hi, I've just tried to run a race at Imola ar 14:00. I use the 1.22 Dynamic Lights patch and the Natural Mod PP, but once I select this weather (in detail, Summer) I get a very yellow-ish look.
View attachment 263533

Is there anything I can have a look at? I already enabled the advanced weather features in CM.

Sorry. I'm not 100% sure I got it, but I'll try to answer.
In general, you should always use the _cm_weather ppfilter, because it provides the correct A4S colortemps.
I do not know the Natural Mod PP and which settings is adopting.
What I can say is that Summer has slightly warmer tones but definitely not yellowish (unless there is a bug).

Visual improvements

Day scenarios have been reworked:
- much better cloudy setups
- better color temps
- slightly colder sun (when angle is above 30°)
- improved tuning of contrast/saturation/brightness to reflect variable climatic conditions.
Overall I'm very, very pleased now with the day scenarios.

Minor adjustments on Night scenarios to secure a bit more diffuse light. Also the stars should appear a bit brighter in most occasions.

Minor "under the hood" changes needed for next major (4.x)...

I must have done something wrong. I have full version CM and dynamic light mode but i seem to get no weather. It's always sunny and clear. I've tried over 60 senarios with temps, wind, all season tests and it's always sunny, no clouds, no fog, no wet conditions. This happens on v3.0 and 3.1 too.

Last edited:
Hello Fabrizio,

thank you for your excellent mod!
I really like the look of your weather system but I've got a problem. Maybe it's related to the use of gbW Suite or it is a setting in CM.
It doesn't matter which setting (A4S Summer e.g.). which time and/or which temperature I choose, I always get a very bluish picture. Of course, I've tried several PP-filters but the blueish tint remains.
I use the full version of CM.
I hope you (or someone else) can help me to get your stunning mod to work.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Alistair

Hello Fabrizio,

thank you for your excellent mod!
I really like the look of your weather system but I've got a problem. Maybe it's related to the use of gbW Suite or it is a setting in CM.
It doesn't matter which setting (A4S Summer e.g.). which time and/or which temperature I choose, I always get a very bluish picture. Of course, I've tried several PP-filters but the blueish tint remains.
I use the full version of CM.
I hope you (or someone else) can help me to get your stunning mod to work.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Alistair

Hi. Very strange.
Please ensure you are always using the "_CM_WEATHER" PP Filter when running A4S.
All Seasons are bluish?
Can you share a screenshot?

I must have done something wrong. I have full version CM and dynamic light mode but i seem to get no weather. It's always sunny and clear. I've tried over 60 senarios with temps, wind, all season tests and it's always sunny, no clouds, no fog, no wet conditions. This happens on v3.0 and 3.1 too.

Regarding the "wet effects",they are now disabled by default (since 3.0) for performance reasons.
I've changed a bit the weather randomization agorithm and I'm aware it tends to provide too often similar results; I've checked the code and it is ok, so probably I have to fine-tune some parameters (humidty/pressure etcetera) for the different regions. I'll have a look and hopefully I'll sort out a better compromise for next release.

Anyway, in the meanwhile, do not get mad in trying to sort out the weather you are looking for, here my suggestions:
- if you want a different weather for that track, try to change temp/wind; bear in mind anyway that if the conditions of clouds/air pressure and humidity for the region for that day (or consecutive days) may not allow a significant change (for instance if the humidity is very low and the air pressure is neither very high or very low, most likely you'll get a clean day maybe with few clouds and some mild haze in the distance)
- if you failed with one track you will fail with any track in the same region (latitude); so you'd better change the season or the track region or both
- if you are looking for a specific weather, choose a track and a season who make sense for those climatic conditions

Anyway, as I said, Im not dismissing the issue; I acknoledge that some scenarios are quite hard to get. I'll have a look at the climatic paramenters of the regions (it is a quite a boring activity).

Hi. Very strange.
Please ensure you are always using the "_CM_WEATHER" PP Filter when running A4S.
All Seasons are bluish?
Can you share a screenshot?
It's strange, indeed.
Because today, summer and spring don't have that blue tint but winter and autumn do.
Using cm_filter looks ugly as hell (see below).

I attach four screenshots.
Setting is: Red Bull Ring, autumn, 12:00 o'clock, 19° C, 11,2 km/h

Red Bull Ring Autumn 12 Uhr 19 Grad cmfilter (Klein).png
Red Bull Ring Autumn 12 Uhr 19 Grad cmfilter heck (Klein).png
Red Bull Ring Autumn 12 Uhr 19 Grad default cockpit (Klein).png
Red Bull Ring Autumn 12 Uhr 19 Grad default heck (Klein).png

I use the latest A4S version, the latest CM version and the latest shaders patch (preview 51).

Thank you very much for your efforts and your help!

It's strange, indeed.
Because today, summer and spring don't have that blue tint but winter and autumn do.
Using cm_filter looks ugly as hell (see below).

I attach four screenshots.
Setting is: Red Bull Ring, autumn, 12:00 o'clock, 19° C, 11,2 km/h

View attachment 265885 View attachment 265886 View attachment 265887 View attachment 265888
I use the latest A4S version, the latest CM version and the latest shaders patch (preview 51).

Thank you very much for your efforts and your help!

Ugly and dark. I don't know what's happening. I tried the same settings/track on my system and everything is ok.
For the moment I can just recommend to delete the A4S and reinstall it (clean installation). Really I don't know what's happening, but it seems that everything is wrong (light, color etcetera) on your PC.
Out of curiosity can you copy/paste the filter.ini content ? Go into the relevant season direcotry and open the filter.ini file and copy the content or attach the file.

Ugly and dark. I don't know what's happening. I tried the same settings/track on my system and everything is ok.
For the moment I can just recommend to delete the A4S and reinstall it (clean installation). Really I don't know what's happening, but it seems that everything is wrong (light, color etcetera) on your PC.
Out of curiosity can you copy/paste the filter.ini content ? Go into the relevant season direcotry and open the filter.ini file and copy the content or attach the file.
I'll try later and do some test. Thank you!
Maybe, it's because I also use gbW Suite 2.4 ...

Weather Engine Refinement + minor stuff

HIGHLIGHTS
- Weather Engine improvement; changed the weather variables patterns to increase the chance of getting different climatic conditions.
- Fixed a bug that in some very specific conditions could lead to improper lighting
- Added a new color pattern for day scenarios (now you have two different dawns/sunsets clour schemes with equal probability to occurr)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea