Resource icon

Misc Assetto4Seasons 4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah totally with u, there is no tyres smoke at all...
In coming release you'll have a splitted release. One with smoke (without water effects), and one with water effects (without smoke). For having the possibility of having both (water effects in wet days and smoke on dry days) I need CM to allow another parameter. It is technically feasible but it does not depend only on A4S.

In which region? All?
Not sure about the others but silverstone at 10pm mid summer should be still fairly bright and about 4:30-5pm mid winter would be dark, although I haven’t gone in depth checking times etc it was just something I noticed.
It’s a nice mod though so thank you for the continued support.

Very nice mod, I tried it for night driving with the shader mod and I found this one the best so far for night scenarios... I'd like to add some feedback to help make it better.

1. First of all I have to say I use Natural Graphics weather with a modified Mr. Alpem PP filter. I find those colours natural and I got used to it. In daytime, as the post #56 above shows, it's not bright enough and the colours are a bit off too for my taste. Of course there is a combination of different PP filters, monitors, etc. but for daytime driving I prefer what I use over this mod and GbW (which is very... yellow for me).

2. During night-time this mod was the best I have used, the stars look brilliant. I did find something strange with the sky textures, white lines, like if the texture had white pixels on the edge. Screenshot below shows it, although it's a bit compressed.
View attachment 258010

3. I can see what you are trying to do with the dynamic weather based on temperature, season, etc., but sometimes I feel like I would prefer presets. In the beginning I couldn't make a clear scenario, I always had fog and such. It was a bit frustrating jumping into the game, exiting, changing weather parameters, loading the game again, etc. I would keep the system you have but also consider adding a few static presets if possible.

All in all very interesting project and I can't wait what your next developments result. This is a nice time for AC. Keep it up. :)

Replied privately, but it is worth to put it here for others.
That issue was supposed to be fixed with 2.0 release.
Right now in front of me I have 2.01 release (coming public this weekend) and I'm not going to dismiss the issue. Anyway in dozens of tests I have never encountered this issue on 2.01 and apparently (but I may have forgot it) I did not make any change to stars.

Also, I recommend to make a clean installation:
- backup previous release (for safety)
- delete the folders of previous release
- install the new release

Anyway if the problem still exist and/or should persist in 2.0.1 please post a comment in this section with the following informations:
- time
- season
- track (it should not matter but it is better for me to replicate the setting)
- description (a screeenshot could help)

Also, if you are using it in VR (despite it is not supported) please make it clear.

Last edited:
fabrizio piedepesante updated Assetto4Seasons with a new update entry:

Smoke and other stuff

HIghlights
1)
Support for smoke and improved water effects
2) New region
3) Redesign of dawn scenario
4) Fixed a lighhting issue at evening when hazy
5) Fixed an issue that lead to improper lighting under some particular circumstances
6) Added few performace tweaks (option at code level)
7) Other things
----------------------------------------
1) Now the mod supports both smoke and water; you'll have the standard smoke when it is dry...

Read the rest of this update entry...

fabrizio piedepesante updated Assetto4Seasons with a new update entry:

BUG FIXES + Other improvements

Should you update? Yes.
I'm aware that 2.1 was uploaded just three days ago, but there is a reason why I'm pushing this update in advance to the usual schedule (weekend). This release fixes two big bugs happening at deep night (you may have encountered already or maybe not, but they are there in 2.1) and also significantly improves some night scenarios involving the moon which should appear in these days depending on the season (if you do not see a moon but you see a brighter sky/clouds,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Fabrizio I am finding very difficult to get the wet conditions. Can you tell me how it is possible to increase the probability to get it. Thank you.

Hi Max,
Not exaclty sure what you mean. Maybe if you provide an example of what you do (season/time etcetera) I can be more helpful.
Anyway here it is a recap of how A4S weather egine works for you and others and then some suggestions.
A4S weather engine uses 5 variables to craft the scenario:
- air pressure
- air temperature
- air humidity
- wind speed
- cloud chance
Of these variables, 3 (4 in championship mode) are defined by an internal algorithm who uses patterns to grant some coherence (within the day and across consecutive days) which are shifting in order to avoid as much as possible repetitions. These patterns are different for each season, and are aslo influenced by the altitude and latitude of the track.
In quick race mode, 2 variables are in the hands of the user:
- air temp
- wind speed
In championship mode, the user can only select the air temp.

That being said (a long recap but useful to understand the overall logic) there is always a certain amount of humidity and the easiest way to get a wet scenario is to lower the air temperature. But if it is a dry day/night you will have no chance of getting a wet scenario whatever air temp you select.
In general, the higher the latitude/altitude of the track the higher the level of humidity. The night is usually a bit more humid than the day.
Take also in consideration the season (Summer is less humid than winter/autumn/spring). But again, the track location is important.
Also remember that during the day it much less likely to have water effects unless it is a very cold and humid day with clouds. With clean (or almost clean) sky the easiest way to get water effects it is to race at night or at early moring) in a typically wet season in a nordic region. In the middle of the day or at early afternoon it can hardly happen.

Anyway it is strange you struggle to have wet conditions (because the range of possibility is quite large). Let's try this.
TODAY (10th of July) use this quick race settings (2 examples to secure that everything is working on your system):
SEASON: WINTER
TRACK: MUGELLO (Italy)
TIME: 4am
AIRTEMP: 8° Celsius
WINDSPEED: 7 KM/H
You should get a hazy night with light wet effects (it is not a veryhumid night).
SEASON: AUTUMN
TRACK: HIGHLANDS (Scotland)
TIME: 8:30pm
AIRTEMP: 10° Celsius
WINDSPEED: 7 KM/H
You should get a cloudy early night with some haze with light wet effects.

If you still do not get the effects then go CM and click on the "SETTINGS" tab, then click on "CONTENT MANAGER" tab, then on "DRIVE". On the bottom right ensure that these settings are all flagged:
- "Replace clouds by weather's clouds if exist"
- "Use custom weather's PP-filter"
- "Use custom weather's particles"

Also on my system in the page "SETTINGS/ASSETTO CORSA/VIDEO" the following settings are enabled:
- "Enable Post-processing effects"
- "Heat shimmering"
- "Surays"
- "FXAA"
The latter settings should not have direct impact on the wet effects but at least this way you should have my same video setup.

Let me know if you have still problems (but also provide more details on the race condiguration you tried).

Ciao.

Hi Fabrizio I am finding very difficult to get the wet conditions. Can you tell me how it is possible to increase the probability to get it. Thank you.

Max and others, wait 1 hour, I'm uploading the 2.2.1.
It is a very minor update. In the rush of uploading the 2.2.0 I've messed up a few lines of code needed by the new feature (season dependent trajectoy of sun). It is not a big deal, but now if you run in high latitude regions (such as scotland) during the day the sun will almost always remin flat at the horizon. It is as stupid as it seems. Two lines of code.

Just wait few minutes.

so basically this mod is an alternative to Good & bad weather suite, right?
No.
This is weather engine. You'd better read the overview page for more information, or simply try it.
This is not a collection of weathers but a software (scripts intepreted at runtime by Content Manager) who according to climatic parameters (some of them decided by the end user) craft the weather setup.
It covers both day and night, featuring stars, moon, water effects, fog/haze both day and night.
Weather conditions, lighting, color temperatures etcetera depend on the actual season and location of the track.
Road temperature is also calculated according to the actual weather conditions.
In the future, likely, also the grip will be adapted.
Further, with the new feature just introduced, the sun path is coherent with the actual season and latitude of the track.

It is not an alternative to G&B suite or to AssettoByNight, because it is not a collection of weathers, thus you cannot chose a specific "weather condition". It follows a different approach; you have to choose the season, set the air temperature and wind speed and then A4S will craft the weather.

Two versions ago, I would get clear skies more often than not, now I get cloudy 90% of the time. Anyway to change that? I tried Spring, Winter, Fall, no difference in the frequency in which I get overcast skies.

UPDATE: I selected the Championship version and got a better variety of weather

Last edited:
Is there a way to slow down how fast the dynamic exposure responds? When driving LA Canyons with its dramatic elevation changes while driving at night with the headlight mod I struggle to see the road until the exposure has adjusted from having the sky in view to suddenly only having the road surface and canyon walls in view.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Forum trophies