Resource icon

Misc Assetto4Seasons 4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm not at my PC right now but I think it was 2nd or 3rd of June - certainly June, so very recent. You can force an update check of CM, then shut it down and restart it and check the version number correlates with the latest one listed in the 'updates' list (sorry, cannot remember the exact terminology or exactly where this is - might be in the 'About' tab at the top).
Thank you. When I will back home I will try it.

If you update CM to the latest version you will get the full 24 hour time range to select from. You *might* need to tick the 'untested' version box - it might still be at the experimental stage.

@fabrizio piedepesante : How do you race with a 24 hour cycle (as advertised) with this mod? I selected a pre-dawn time and ran a long race with 60x accelerated time and the sky did not lighten at all during the race, it remained exactly the same shade. When the race finished it should have been well past midday, but the weather was still pre-dawn. Am I missing something here? Many thanks.

Hey, hey. Wait a moment. I'm not advertising anything, I'm giving out my work for free and trust me I've zero interest in "overselling" something.
Maybe, there is a misundesrtanding. I will check the A4S overview page and if necessary make things more clear.
The mod supports the 24h cycle, and the weathers are dynamically generated on a per race basis, but obviuosly there is not dynamic weather. The only thing that AC engine does on the "weather side" is to "move the Sun" and "to move the clouds" from the dawn to the sunset. That's it. Also AC will always keep the same weather across the race sessions even if the time has changed. It is not simply possible now for any weather mod. I hope someone can provide the feauture you are looking for, but I can't.
You correctly noticed that if you select an evening scenario the light will not change; you know why? Because once the Sun reaches the Sunset angle, AC does not allow any further change of sky lighting.
Further I want to be very clear. At the moment A4S does not work online and it works in championships only between 8 and 18. This is not due to Assetto4Season or any other weather mod. Simply at this moment Content Manager does not support the extended time slidebar in Custom Championships (I've discussed the topic with the CM developer and he seems to be willing to bring this feature in the future, but I can't say much more on this) ; as soon as this feature will come, A4S should work as intended in custom champioships.
IN ANY CASE, the "session" limitation still will be there.
Also A4S does not work in online, despite I made some design decisions to allow a "potential online use" (which is anyway not tested because it cannot be tested until the underlaying engine allows it). Again, this is due to the fact that AC was not designed to do the stuff we are doing now. We are reaching the limits.
In summary, thre are things that depend on my mod (crafting the weather on per race basis) and other stuff that depend on CM (such the extended time).
In few months time we will have AC Competizione and there you will have all the stuff you are looking for.
I hope it clarifies.

Hey Fabrizio. quick question?. i notice in one of your videos at brands hatch...there are pockets of light as if generated by track side lights...can you enlighten me on how you did this?....with this new dynamic lighting mod..it would be nice to add night versions to some more tracks

Hey Fabrizio. quick question?. i notice in one of your videos at brands hatch...there are pockets of light as if generated by track side lights...can you enlighten me on how you did this?....with this new dynamic lighting mod..it would be nice to add night versions to some more tracks

lol dont mention this in the Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions part of the forum they dont like it and almost al will disagree i found out be my postings

Hey, hey. Wait a moment. I'm not advertising anything, I'm giving out my work for free and trust me I've zero interest in "overselling" something.
Maybe, there is a misundesrtanding. I will check the A4S overview page and if necessary make things more clear.
The mod supports the 24h cycle, and the weathers are dynamically generated on a per race basis, but obviuosly there is not dynamic weather. The only thing that AC engine does on the "weather side" is to "move the Sun" and "to move the clouds" from the dawn to the sunset. That's it. Also AC will always keep the same weather across the race sessions even if the time has changed. It is not simply possible now for any weather mod. I hope someone can provide the feauture you are looking for, but I can't.
You correctly noticed that if you select an evening scenario the light will not change; you know why? Because once the Sun reaches the Sunset angle, AC does not allow any further change of sky lighting.
Further I want to be very clear. At the moment A4S does not work online and it works in championships only between 8 and 18. This is not due to Assetto4Season or any other weather mod. Simply at this moment Content Manager does not support the extended time slidebar in Custom Championships (I've discussed the topic with the CM developer and he seems to be willing to bring this feature in the future, but I can't say much more on this) ; as soon as this feature will come, A4S should work as intended in custom champioships.
Also A4S does not work in online, despite I made some design decisions to allow a "potential online use" (which is anyway not tested because it cannot be tested until the underlaying engine allows it). Again, this is due to the fact that AC was not designed to do the stuff we are doing now. We are reaching the limits.
In summary, thre are things that depend on my mod (crafting the weather on per race basis) and other stuff that depend on CM (such the extended time).
In few months time we will have AC Competizione and there you will have all the stuff you are looking for.
I hope it clarifies.
Apologies, there was no hidden message in me saying 'as advertised', I was just referring to the description text in case you were wondering what I was referring to. It was a poor choice of words on my part. Looks like I (along with a few others) misinterpreted it as being a 24 hr cycle, which would be utterly amazing in AC, hence the buzz that the confusion generated. I appreciate your brilliant work and am sorry if I caused any offence - it certainly was not the intention.
:)

I hope it clarifies.
Hi Fabrizio believe me with A4S you did a very fantastic work making it available for the community is great. Thank you for it and for Assetto by Night

lol dont mention this in the wip part of the forum they dont like it and almost al will disagree i found out be my postings

Sorry you Lost me - not read that wip thread...is that on here or the official

i'm not referring to official content tracks...more mod tracks,,namely stuff i work on

Hi Jim. I deserve no credit for that. It's a sort of Easter Egg included with the Dynamic Lighting add-on of Content Manager. I do not know if the developer of CM is going to expand this hotspots lighting feature. You can ask him here https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights and maybe get directly in contact with him.

question day night cycle you mean day to night and back in one race right? how does this work??
and the wet wetter track how to get this working ? only grip levels or also visual ?
will this work with the real weather option is cm and gbw suite?

Sorry for the delay, I missed the question.
Apologies, there was no hidden message in me saying 'as advertised', I was just referring to the description text in case you were wondering what I was referring to. It was a poor choice of words on my part. Looks like I (along with a few others) misinterpreted it as being a 24 hr cycle, which would be utterly amazing in AC, hence the buzz that the confusion generated. I appreciate your brilliant work and am sorry if I caused any offence - it certainly was not the intention.
:)
NO OFFENSE AT ALL.
I just fear that people can overestimate my job and my skills.
As I said, I may have used the wrong wording.

I hope it clarifies.
Hi, a well-meaning council, really! You should prevent to say : "24h Day/Night cycle; full coverage of both day and night"
This is a feature everybody wants in AC. "24h Day/Night cycle" means exactly that, when the sim is able to cycle from day to night to day in realtime. Its a solid feature name in racing games and will be understood as this.

With the new features of CM and with the new possibilities we renew old desires. So we have to be careful with feature promises. I have done the same mistake and i didn't even took the word cycle in the mouth.

Hi
I cant quite understand - does this have day/night transitions? I put a time multiplier of x60 (So an hour becomes 1 minute) and waiting 5 minutes in practice from a start time of 6pm but it did not get dark?

So just to be clear, this mods add season to assetto Corsa?
Like cold autumn and hot summer whit month choices?
Can we use GBW whit it?
It is complementary at GBW?

I think a lot of guy's here want to understand how to use your mod.

Don't want to be boring whit my questions...
I'm just curious and I think it would help.
I think that adding an icon or little bit of marketing will help to promote this mods.

Thanks !

G&B Suite and Assetto4Seasons are two separate weather mods for AC. You can only use one at a time. (and g&b requires manually deleting a file in your main AC folder even when using JSGME to deactivate it if you want to switch back and forth between the two)
-----------------
Laguna Seca, 5:30am, 10c:
H0K50R8.png

BWQwDyv.png

geNbatv.png

oXgtojR.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back