Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Holy Fuc**ing moses what a game, great feeling of the driving, morning at the 8.00, looking gorgeus, one thing what i don't like is the Force Feedback on the kerbs. With my Logitech G27 there is no rattling at all with all cars on the kerbs. But Thank you Kunos, great sim.

I guess that is a Picture Kunos can put on the wall on his Office.

topseller.JPG

Congrats! :geek:

G25 owner, had to whack the FFB upto 125% to really "feel" anything in the Formula Arbarth. Unfortuntaley I can "hear" the wheels going over some kerbs but still cant actually feel any FFB....canned sound effects it seems (Silverstone National), if that's the case then that's disappointing.

With a G27 I had to put 50% FFB to avoid tearing my arms off :p

Physics are really good, the X-Bow is surprisingly fun to drive. The E30 is the closest car to what I've driven properly in real life (94`s MX-5), and it feels extremely natural, crappy tyres, softer suspension, raw feeling differential... Haven`t try the GT2 and Formula yet, can`t be bothered to switch to the Seq. shifter, and I have to go to bed !

Yep I had to increase ffb to 125% as well and it definitely helped. FFB doesnt clip at all which is nice coming from rFactor but it does feel somewhat dampened and numb a lot of the time.

First impressions - not sure if it was worth the wait. It is a nice, I'd say "appropriate" driving sim (too early to call it a racing sim, since there is no one to race against), but nothing to write home about. Perhaps it is due to the hype - I have been waiting for it like it was a Holy Grail, which obviously was a mistake. Driving is correct, but so is in rF2/GSC, but here lacks the emotions (perhaps it;s due to the lack of any opponents), the feeling of immersion is worryingly low. The cars sound kind of bland, performance-wise it hasn't changed a bit since the TD, but I get microstuttering, something I did not have in the TD.

Things that do irritate me:
-no way to change the driver's position,
-no way to get rid of the steering wheel,
-why does the pit limiter turn itself off automatically? Am I too dumb to press a button?
- the car slows down automatically whenever I cut the track?? What in the name of satan is this?
- I guess letting us assign the clutch to a button (for those who do not have the physical clutch pedal) is still a WAY better option than having it forced in automatic mode.
- I was under the impression there'd more tracks, not just five

If I was an average arcade-style console racers fan, I'd probably be impressed, but so far I am not.
Why do you think it's called beta 0.1 ?
This is just to test different configurations.
It's far from a finished game.
Let them know what's lacking on their forum.
Can't expect to developers to look at 20 different forums to iron out the bugs and shortcomings.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%