Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

First impression wasnt very good but I can give full two thumbs up for AC after tweaking my settings and trying some of the cars in various tracks with my Fanatec CSR wheel. FFB is the best I have experienced in car simulator and the forces are delivered precise and smoothly fashion.
You can really feel the bumps Imola track with Formula Abarth but in some other car you feel less as they are softer and less precise. You feel rapid, smooth nudges on your wheel when braking hard. Back of the F458 feels slightly loose and alive when you brake to a corner and thats a wonderful feeling. F458 do feel slightly uninformative in center of the wheel and its almost like there is little steering "lag" on the wheel.

Car physic feels very good and believable to me. Cars have grip on slow corners, behave credible manner and have feeling of weight on them.

Some of the sound effects are not very good but I like Formula Abarth very much. Some of the sound effects dull, lifeless and artificial sounding.
Very good job but there is always room for improvement. Im really looking for updates and specially the introduction of multiplay.
I like it...:)

Last edited:
I guess that is a Picture Kunos can put on the wall on his Office.

topseller.JPG

Congrats! :geek:
better this! )

folvtd.jpg

First impression wasnt very good but I can give full two thumbs up for AC after tweaking my settings and trying some of the cars in various tracks with my Fanatec CSR wheel. FFB is the best I have experienced in car simulator and the forces are delivered precise and smoothly fashion.

Hey Jari, would you mind sharing your wheel settings for the CSR please, as I'm having a hard job with mine, I'm on Firmware 756 by the way

Hello does anyone know if when i buy this on steam is there a refund period incase i dont like it , spend already to much on arcade games who called themselves a sim before release.

I'm not sure, but Steam isn't known for refunds. If you are in doubt, you will probably be better off waiting for the final 1.0 release. This is just an early testing version, not even close to a finished complete game yet.

Anybody has a clue where the default apps are being stored? I would really like to have a trackmap where you can actually see something, but I couldn't find a way to change it.

(I've found SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\trackname\data\map.ini but changing values there doesn't seem to yield the result I was expecting)

Anybody has a clue where the default apps are being stored? I would really like to have a trackmap where you can actually see something, but I couldn't find a way to change it.

(I've found SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\trackname\data\map.ini but changing values there doesn't seem to yield the result I was expecting)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python

Edit: sorry that may not be the default ones but that's where I've installed new ones.

Well guys, after playing for about 3 hours i can say that i really love this.
Some notes that come off of my head :
HDR: I hate it. I have to turn it off because if its on there is a stupid yellowish filter all over the screen and makes the game lose a lot of its crispness. Hate to lose some nice lighting effects with it on though. :(
FSAA: Its simply not enough (4x). We need higher settings please.\

On the FFB matter, i can say its pretty great, using the settings in logitech profiler (g25) that i used with the ACTP.
Rfactor2 on the other hand looks to be more alive in this department. I am not sure if Rfactor2 is more realistic but i will have to test some more.
On the physics side, AWESOME. One thing i noticed that was not happening in the ACTP is this : Downshifting with the lotus without blipping doesnt cause the back end to come out now. Maybe this is because of the no locked differential?

Sound: Lots of nice bass, the sounds are not excellent. I can say they are pretty damn good, and they are maybe realistic compared to the real thing but they don't have the brutality of RRRE.

Favorite cars :

Ferrari 458. LOVE IT.
Lotus 49.

I played with these the most but i tried all of them.

More tomorrow :D

Hihi me like, only tried a couple of the cars at Imola, dident like the KTM thingy much, but the BMW and the F3 type car is awesome, love how you can just slide the BMW around the corners :D
A track I would like to see for this sim is Nords, that would be awesome.
Gotta test more later :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back