Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

- UI is very innovative and easy to use. Some options are lacking from the beta, notably seat adjustment and FOV.

You can change both. Fov with +/-, seat - you have to enable developer apps (can't remember how) then select an app, change seat position.

Such as the slowdown when going wide on track, which has been mentioned.

You can disable it in cfg file (can't remember where).

This sim is absolutely best! Belive me guys, I visit track days on my BMW time to time, and this is so close to it !!! This is proper way to show us some real world physics. The only thing I don't like is FFB. Maybe because I didn't find my "brilliant setup" yet. On curbs/bumps wheel is too empty, but when I powerslide - my wheel just goes out from my hands, and I can't drift in proper way... The curve between grip loss/gain on real axel should be little bit more smooth.
Anyway this game is the perfect reason to get back to simracing...

I didn´t thought you could spot enemys like in Battlefield4 :roflmao:

<mod edit: vids go in here please:http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/category/assetto-corsa.5/>

The only thing I don't like is FFB. Maybe because I didn't find my "brilliant setup" yet. On curbs/bumps wheel is too empty, but when I powerslide -
Thats because there are no fake forcefeedbacks in Assetto Corsa like in other games. You only feel what you would do in real life. The wheel would vibrate a bit like the hole car on curbs, but not how in other games. To be able to turn fake effects on is planed in version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because there are no fake forcefeedbacks in Assetto Corsa like in other games. You only feel what you would do in real life. The wheel would vibrate a bit like the hole car on curbs, but not how in other games. To be able to turn fake effects on is planed in version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa.
In real life I can control powerslide easily and my wheel don't try to brake my arms whyle countersteering (front wheels on RWD cars just do it by themsefls till some point X where you should catch the wheel and prevent car going from countersteer to spin).
And on curbs in real life you should feel some vibrations on wheel (depends on curbs of course)...

So much aliasing... although everything maxed out. I hope it's because it's not the final game and I can't even run it threw radeon pro to use extra AA to counter the issue. But I like the game very much.

I wish Project Cars was also release now on steam and updated until release ! I am very frustrated that I missed out back when they let you buy the build.

I've been testing AC the whole morning, at first it was quite wonky with stuttering and some glitches (seeing tree sprites popping up in the sky was somewhat amusing), but now, after changing several settings and installing the newest AMD driver, the game is smooooooth now. :cool:

The only real complain I have is that the exposure control is extremely exaggerated right now, depending on the time/car you use, the ambient light can go from normal to NUCLEAR BRIGHT. :confused:

I really really really REALLY love the replays in this game, they look so natural at 60fps with no lags. :cool:

If anyone is having lag/stuttering problems, I solved mine by turning both anisotropic filtering and motion blur OFF, also turned vsync on.

1.) Repeting my question from yesterday:

Is the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback Wheel supported by the game?

And if yes, are the F430 FFB axis and buttons freely adjustable by the user?

I ask this also because I remember trying netKar from same company in the past and that game did not accept my F430 completely meaning that I could not adjust freely the buttons/axis. I think, when I remember correctly that nKar dit not detect my foot pedal axis for breaks and throttle from the Thrustmaster F430 FFB..

Is THIS okay with Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 FFB and ASEETTO CORSA and freely adjustable?

Thanks in advance for answers.

2.) Is there a KNOWN release date of the final game? Will that be still in 2013?
Cause right now I am somewhat unsure wether to get it now or not?
No (current) AI sounds no fun to me - just like with Simbin RaceRoom Experience and Simin DTM Experience Demo which both also don't have any competitive stimulus because of missing AI at the moment.
Even though I am not a hardcore gamer and even though I am not an online racer but complete offline racer I race everything from early Codemasters TOCA to now rFactor 1 and 2, GSC all versions, all Simbin Racing games out, all Codemasters racing games out and just cannot sense any fun in a game that does not feature (currently) AI opponents.

@Radek Zukowski

If you are interested in TC Radek, you should wait for Lotus Exige S (V6). Boys modelled it with similar precision as 458's but what is interesting this car goes faster with TC in race mode because of Bosch's newest chip (checked by EVO, Chris Harris, Top Gear and Fifth Gear also as far as I remember) - I talked with Aris about it some time ago and after checking 458's TC yesterday I guess Exige's could be even better.

Late to the party.
Downloading now 93%

Did they adjust the real-world movement from the Technology Preview in this beta?
That was my only gripe in TP.
Rolling into a hard turn seemed a bit weird...almost as if the horizon itself was doing the shift instead of the car.
I did not like that aspect in TP, everything else was good.

Just did a lot of laps on X-bow R with H shifter...
652f6b3ac7610a1b9b20dd53b1ba6203.jpg

I'm really pleased with AC, I didn't think the tech demo was all that impressive but I think that was mostly down to the car. Its amazing how different all the cars are.

I had no problems installing or playing, the tracks load so quick, even quicker than RBR which I didn't think would be possible.

There are a few minor glitches but nothing that gets in the way when driving.

mightaly impressed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea