Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Thats impossible....You run the game on Pro mode?Its just strange...i dont have that much grip and if i push to much i lose the rear verry quick in a corner:O_o:
Its because you have the in car TC on press control T and it will scroll through the in car TC options. Control A does the same for in car ABS. These are the actual car settings if its not on a car you wont get it. Also they are simulated differently on the different cars. Pretty Cool.

i'm downloading this.

i have a pretty good i7 quad core pc.
can anyone refer me to a good graphics setting thread so that i can just pick this up and have the best settings on? sounds like lots of guys have had to fuss and fiddle with things so would be doing me a massively good turn by advising me.

Since Kunos can't be bothered to undo his "fix" for DX10.1 thats stopping people with GTX 2xx cards from playing a game that is working perfectly, here is the old acs.exe from before todays patch. Set assetto to not auto update in the properties. That way you can at least play until you get a new card for v1.0.

https://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=128663&d=1384022824

(Can't upload zip files here...)

edit: Kunos decided to give us the option to disable that check: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-with-dx-10-1-or-above.1577/page-2#post-12437

Last edited:
T and A does nothing to me, and I deactivated ABS and TC in menu before go to race. And in onboard ECU window I can see ABS and that stuff for street cars, something that BMW m3, and Formula Abarth doesn't have. It's strange... because I can do donuts with street cars (all deactivated from menu) but not with Formula Abarth. .

And last thing I don't like about competition cars, why they bounce so much? Formula Abarth bounce like hell in straights (really noticeable from replay cam), and if you touch a KERB the car sometimes beging you bounce as crazy, even more. Similar to the rest of competition cars.

I'm still thinking that street cars are way more achieved than the rest of cars, maybe because of his physicis engine, I have no idea.

Very good, very good indeed. Awesome FFB out of the box with T500, haven't felt any need to tweak it so far.
Looks good, drives good and tho I'm not HUD user I really like the idea of apps. Hope we get Dashmeter pro support in the future.

Kudos to Kunos :D

bought it just now no probs with downloading and installing but my first impression the hype was bigger than the game and screenshots been fabioulous ( fotoshopped)before release , but on otherhand for the price it will be ok imo more arcade then sim and i think it will not beat iracing , find it nicer looking then rf2. and about AC saying laserscanned tracks ?? where is the chichane in Imola just before the finish (or i was last time on wrong circuit) laser broke???

Well ive been playing AC for a few hours now and I am really enjoying it. A few things that I have observed;

- The Ferrari 458 rear tail lights dont seem to work (I presume the 458 has tail lights?) The brake lights work but not the rear lights when you turn your headlights on?

- The Ferrari 458 external engine note appears to clip and sounds distorted at loud volumes. Maybe this is my setup, I dont know, but I never noticed it with any other cars...

- Track textures are a mixed bunch, some appear to look awesome, others look pretty ropey. Vallelunga is a good example of both. Some of the tarmac on that track looks insanely good, then there is a "lighter" portion (which to me at least) looks pretty bad. The trees aren't amazing either, plus the way they are lit in the day with the top portion appearing much lighter than the rest just looks "off" somehow. There is also some really low res external grass that ive spotted (at Silverstone I think) which just caught my eye.

- I cant seem to stop the Ferrari. Not sure why, the other cars I seem to be fine with, I just constantly lock up the front wheels and just understeer off the track (this is with ABS off by the way). I have tried the semi-slicks and of course this does help, however I can't believe that the standard sports tyres fitted to a Ferrari 458 are this bad. I mean, I seriously think my Golf GT stops quicker than this thing in this game. Also, the BMW M3 can corner at the same speed as the Ferrari? Turn 1 at Silverstone I can get the Ferrari round it at between 80-90mph, which is the same speed as the M3 pretty much. Is that right? Isn't the M3 much heavier and just generally less well engineered?

- I can't seem to find the option to turn the time trial ghost on, it was in the tech preview, but can't remember how you turn it on...?

- Oh and the sun at sunset looks huge, is that supposed to be that way?

- The brake discs of the cars that should glow, don't glow currently as the brakes heat up. Is brake heat simulated?

- The FFB is fantastic, you can feel the car sliding, correcting is convincing and predictable. Coupled with the physics that I think are superb the game will have a lot of legs.

Last edited:
bought it just now no probs with downloading and installing but my first impression the hype was bigger than the game and screenshots been fabioulous ( fotoshopped)before release , but on otherhand for the price it will be ok imo more arcade then sim and i think it will not beat iracing , find it nicer looking then rf2. and about AC saying laserscanned tracks ?? where is the chichane in Imola just before the finish (or i was last time on wrong circuit) laser broke???

"The Variante Bassa chicane has been removed, making the run from Rivazza 2 to the first Tamburello chicane totally flat-out, much like the circuit in its original fast-flowing days. However the chicane has been reinstalled for motorcycle races."

This was in 2008 ;)

So, everything is right with the equipment the Kunos guys used. Maybe you should inform yourself better. ;)

Took me by surprise also on my first lap, im used to the old version in GTL, :redface:
Hope we will get the option for that layout with the chicane, It will make the retro cars complete with old versions of track layouts, :)
the fact that is there for bikes and still used, puts a smile on my face..:D

From what i've seen in the screenshots it's living up to all the hype

where is the chichane in Imola just before the finish (or i was last time on wrong circuit) laser broke???

The laser was OK, the circuit has changed :)

Sodemo said:
- I cant seem to stop the Ferrari. Not sure why, the other cars I seem to be fine with, I just constantly lock up the front wheels and just understeer off the track (this is with ABS off by the way). I have tried the semi-slicks and of course this does help, however I can't believe that the standard sports tyres fitted to a Ferrari 458 are this bad.

You may want to try fiddling with the brake pedal, setting the "Brake gamma" value all the way to the right will make it less sensitive.
wv28tc.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%