Assetto Corsa: Release Candidate Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
LaFerrari.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni just released a first batch of previews of the release candidate of Assetto Corsa that is about to be released in the upcoming days.

During our visit at the press event last week we already brought you the table of content of the game with some new details on the upcoming full version of the game.

Today the first preview images of the release candidate show the Shelby Cobra 427SC, that will come to the pc simulator as a free bonus car. The much awaited addition to the competitive GT3 class: the Mercedes SLS GT3. A little Abarth duel. The Ferrari 458 GT2 and of course Ferrari's flagship vehicle the LaFerrari on a laser-scanned version of Spa-Francorchamps.

If you haven't purchased Assetto Corsa yet you can pick it up directly from our store and of course with a 10% discount if you are a premium member of this community.

Abarth Duel.jpg Ferrari 458 GT2.jpg LaFerrari.jpg Mercedes SLS GT3.jpg Shelby Cobra.jpg Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Good question. the most Offical statement is "days". Followed by its been in testing for 3 weeks and going smoothly.

One thing is for sure, they want as much lead time as possible ahead of pcars. Kronus aren't getting the press from the big outlets but will after release and reviewers will need some time.

Pcars is interesting though, if they are going to make the November window, then they need to be done this week, or they will be paying a fortune in expedited 1st party approvals, and that's still pushing it as they are still doing daily releases. The week before thanks giving is the biggest release window for games of the year too it's not like 1st party has any extra bandwidth.... But now I'm just rambling.

Correct, it'll be a "Release Candidate" with a rough target date for version 1.0 coming around end of the month - depending on issues that need to be addressed before final release. That's my understanding anyway.

Will be RC version for normal players too? Or only for beta testers?
Beta testers have been obviously testing the release candidate version and possibly the dlc too. Early access (Ea) users (which is us, non-beta testers) will receive the RC during Ea, this is like the last chance to grab the game at discounted price for now. And shortly after RC we can get the final version and the game exits early access.

So how do you all prepare for the upcoming RC?
I am not talking about sitting in full racing outfit/helmet and wait as I do:D

I read some comments at the AC forum that people will do an clean install of the RC!

I removed the Cobra as we will get it in the RC! but we will the Cobra S/C as
I understand it and the MOD is 3 different versions including the S/C.
So how will you handle this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies