Assetto Corsa: Release Candidate Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
LaFerrari.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni just released a first batch of previews of the release candidate of Assetto Corsa that is about to be released in the upcoming days.

During our visit at the press event last week we already brought you the table of content of the game with some new details on the upcoming full version of the game.

Today the first preview images of the release candidate show the Shelby Cobra 427SC, that will come to the pc simulator as a free bonus car. The much awaited addition to the competitive GT3 class: the Mercedes SLS GT3. A little Abarth duel. The Ferrari 458 GT2 and of course Ferrari's flagship vehicle the LaFerrari on a laser-scanned version of Spa-Francorchamps.

If you haven't purchased Assetto Corsa yet you can pick it up directly from our store and of course with a 10% discount if you are a premium member of this community.

Abarth Duel.jpg Ferrari 458 GT2.jpg LaFerrari.jpg Mercedes SLS GT3.jpg Shelby Cobra.jpg Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

I seem to remember speaking to a guy at the Press Event (not a Kunos-guy!), talking about weather. How "everyone would love to be driving races is changing conditions, when the sun sets, and everything get gradually darker. It is harder to see if the line is getting wetter or dryer. And then a game gives us that, and 98% of the racing is in the sun with great weather".

I think that was a very good way to put it, I do believe there are other areas to focus on :)
I always say this referring to rF2... we have the great opportunity to have changing condition and lighting... but then everyone online put a server with 29°C, heavy rubber and none a single cloud at the horizon... :( and if someone put a changing weather on the server every people inside start complain... "aw... how am i suppos to drive in such a condition?!"... because this guys think that every car should have F1 grade of grip... :(
I, once, heard a friend saying "i hate Howston... they seems to have soap instead of tyres!"... :( they don't understand that in mid 60's they would have driven a 500 gen1 capable of an astonishing 120km/h :(
strange days guys! :)
I tried to emulate the last 1000k of Nurburgring lately... heavy rain and 42 cars :) AI obviously... what a feeling :)

P.S. Sorry for the uber OT... even if it is not that OT, i would like too to have changeable weather in AC, i really would love it, but for now i will gladly accept a consistent Sim, with great car, official and modded, with (limited) changeable time of day and pit stop to being able to replicate some of the most recent race series (Blancpain Endurance and Sprint, WEC, TUSCC ecc.) so maybe we should just ask for a 1.0 and maybe then push for a driver swap feature :)

So how do you all prepare for the upcoming RC?
I am not talking about sitting in full racing outfit/helmet and wait as I do:D

I read some comments at the AC forum that people will do an clean install of the RC!

I removed the Cobra as we will get it in the RC! but we will the Cobra S/C as
I understand it and the MOD is 3 different versions including the S/C.
So how will you handle this?
I think a clean install is a great idea. As soon as I see it's available for us serfs it's on my to-do list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back