Assetto Corsa: Release Candidate Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
LaFerrari.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni just released a first batch of previews of the release candidate of Assetto Corsa that is about to be released in the upcoming days.

During our visit at the press event last week we already brought you the table of content of the game with some new details on the upcoming full version of the game.

Today the first preview images of the release candidate show the Shelby Cobra 427SC, that will come to the pc simulator as a free bonus car. The much awaited addition to the competitive GT3 class: the Mercedes SLS GT3. A little Abarth duel. The Ferrari 458 GT2 and of course Ferrari's flagship vehicle the LaFerrari on a laser-scanned version of Spa-Francorchamps.

If you haven't purchased Assetto Corsa yet you can pick it up directly from our store and of course with a 10% discount if you are a premium member of this community.

Abarth Duel.jpg Ferrari 458 GT2.jpg LaFerrari.jpg Mercedes SLS GT3.jpg Shelby Cobra.jpg Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

The first game you ever bought? :confused: Seriously?

Were you given all your others free?
Just curious.

I cannot answer you to that, out of respect not here, but yes it was the first game i bought. Take that like it's the first game i ever played.

That's not important. What is, Assetto Corsa made very huge step forward.

The consumer version of the Oculus Rift will be a "Must Have" for most people. The videos you see don't do the experience justice at all. The 3D is awesome, combined with six degrees of freedom just cant' be matched by triple monitors IMO. Triples will have an advantage in terms of overall image quality but, not overall immersion factor (IMO). The Rift is ideally suited for games where you are seated and your hands on the wheel match your sight and feel quite well in most cases.

I've been using the Rift DK2 for well over month now and am still blown away by the experience every time I use it. It's amazing but, you won't understand what it's really like until you try it firsthand. Nothing I've ever used before offers that level of visual immersion. With that being said, it's not for everyone. Those who are very sensitive to motion sickness may not be able to use it. Try it before you buy it applies but, wait until the consumer version is released as it will have many improvements.

BTW, I can't wait to try the Rift with AC. Bring on the RC!:)

ive seen another fun application for the occulus rift the other day.....

Very Excited.

An incessant follower already knows about most of these cars/tracks existence for the sim and I know many will be asking for weather and day/night, etc. But I think, at this stage, it is more important is to improve the graphics engine further to get more performance out of the hardware which I feel is possible looking at other games that are in the market. So what I want most is better optimization, resolution of the cpu occupancy issue and a 64-bit executable. I hope the Kunoz will have something positive to share on that front. Also, I think somethings off with how GT cars feel. Is it just me?

A bit off-topic, but am I alone in wishing developers would create a 289 Cobra (preferably a 1964 FIA spec. variant) instead of, or at least in addition to, the ubiquitous 427?

Considering its far larger motorsport presence, and perhaps most importantly, its vastly superior handling, I'm at a loss as to why it's always overlooked?

Henk

A bit off-topic, but am I alone in wishing developers would create a 289 Cobra (preferably a 1964 FIA spec. variant) instead of, or at least in addition to, the ubiquitous 427?

Considering its far larger motorsport presence, and perhaps most importantly, its vastly superior handling, I'm at a loss as to why it's always overlooked?

Henk

The current car was developed by a modder and then taken on by the devs as it was so good, they obviously went out of the way to get the license to make it official content, who knows, The Meco may well do the 289 also.

I hope I'm right when imagining penalties in online racing will be modified in the right direction now that pitstops will be implemented in online races. :D

Actual penalties for hotlap and warning system for races, for example 2 for cuts and 3d is Drive through or Stop&go ... as pitstop will be possible.
Better be slow in pitlane than .... on the track with quick drivers coming. :whistling:

Surely my 1st and greatest wish for the ones in charge of servers in leagues and the racers on track.

I'm looking forward to racing in AC someday, but I still need the PC upgraded to do it. :p

Hot-lapping is fun, but some opponents (even AI) would be nice. Much as I've had fun on the PS4 in shooter games, from a racing viewpoint I regret buying it instead of spending the money on the PC.

Sorry, I don't call that talent.

Thing is, that doesn't matter at all dude. Let's keep focus on the thread, shall we :)
I said previously, out of respect to this forum i won't comment that.
If you wonder how i got that opinion you can always check my youtube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%