Assetto Corsa: Release Candidate Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
LaFerrari.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni just released a first batch of previews of the release candidate of Assetto Corsa that is about to be released in the upcoming days.

During our visit at the press event last week we already brought you the table of content of the game with some new details on the upcoming full version of the game.

Today the first preview images of the release candidate show the Shelby Cobra 427SC, that will come to the pc simulator as a free bonus car. The much awaited addition to the competitive GT3 class: the Mercedes SLS GT3. A little Abarth duel. The Ferrari 458 GT2 and of course Ferrari's flagship vehicle the LaFerrari on a laser-scanned version of Spa-Francorchamps.

If you haven't purchased Assetto Corsa yet you can pick it up directly from our store and of course with a 10% discount if you are a premium member of this community.

Abarth Duel.jpg Ferrari 458 GT2.jpg LaFerrari.jpg Mercedes SLS GT3.jpg Shelby Cobra.jpg Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Looks a little cartoony to me.... Yes i know its not a cartoon but you know what i mean.
that could be just post processing on the pictures, they're very high contrast with alot of colour saturation.

The high contrast look is something I don't like about early access but if they give me the ability to change it in the settings it won't really matter. At the moment the blacks are blown so there's no detail in dark areas.

Only 200?! lol

Haha come on man it's only 4 months, and for sure i'll clock up another 200 less than 4 month after 1.0 release for sure! :p

Surely triple screen is obsolete now? Occulus Rfit or alternative versions must be the way to go.

Hmmm good suggestion but I've never made any research on this product yet except looking at some youtube videos. But I think the price is a bit too high for me at this moment

The consumer version of the Oculus Rift will be a "Must Have" for most people. The videos you see don't do the experience justice at all. The 3D is awesome, combined with six degrees of freedom just cant' be matched by triple monitors IMO. Triples will have an advantage in terms of overall image quality but, not overall immersion factor (IMO). The Rift is ideally suited for games where you are seated and your hands on the wheel match your sight and feel quite well in most cases.

I've been using the Rift DK2 for well over month now and am still blown away by the experience every time I use it. It's amazing but, you won't understand what it's really like until you try it firsthand. Nothing I've ever used before offers that level of visual immersion. With that being said, it's not for everyone. Those who are very sensitive to motion sickness may not be able to use it. Try it before you buy it applies but, wait until the consumer version is released as it will have many improvements.

BTW, I can't wait to try the Rift with AC. Bring on the RC!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back