Assetto Corsa Mod Celebration - 10,000 Uploads!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
10,000_AC_mods.jpg

The sim racing modding community is awesome! Recently we reached the milestone of over 10,000 Assetto Corsa mod uploads here at RaceDepartment!

Yes, you heard it right - 10,000! TEN THOUSAND uploads by our awesome Assetto Corsa modding community. 10000 pieces of content, from cars, tracks, skins, apps and more for the wonderful Assetto Corsa racing simulation on PC.

Assetto Corsa Mods: Check out the AC Mods Download section HERE.

These mods have been crafted with love and care by the sim racing community, and represent some incredible enhancements to a great racing simulation - yet further expanding the gaming experience for everyone who enjoys their virtual racing with this title.

Mod Chat: Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion sub forum HERE.

To celebrate this milestone, and to say a massive 'thank you' to all those talented individuals who spend their time working hard to bring content for us to enjoy, wouldn't it be good if we could have a central place to offer up our collective thanks, and to tell the world about some of the mega content you've downloaded and enjoyed over the years?

Here is that place!

Please use the comments section below to say your thanks to the sim racing modding community, and to share with us all your thoughts on some of the best cars, tracks, skins, apps and additions the community have brought to Assetto Corsa over the years.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

AC Mods Discussion 1.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 2.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 3.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 5.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

An amazing number to reach, wonderful creations adding to our enjoyment of AC. We are lucky to have so many of the best here on RD.
Let's also give a shout out to all modders of our other racing games for the dedication and talent they bring for our pleasure.

As someone who has barely touched his copy of AC, what is the best way to wade through these 10,000 mods? Also is ACC going to allow the same level of modding ?

I've seen some YouTube videos on the best free and paid for mods in AC. I've been told about the best VR UI mods. To someone starting it could be overwhelming.

Thanks to all the modders that made all of these incredible content.
Assetto Corsa is a great game; it's the only game which i bought all of the DLCs without any regret but without mods, it would probably have half of the players it has today and I would probably play much less than now.

As someone who has barely touched his copy of AC, what is the best way to wade through these 10,000 mods? Also is ACC going to allow the same level of modding ?
I've seen some YouTube videos on the best free and paid for mods in AC. I've been told about the best VR UI mods. To someone starting it could be overwhelming.
ACC does not support modding, whether it can be I couldn't say, but given it's license I doubt it.
I worry your second question could drag this thread well of topic, maybe you could start a thread asking more specifically aimed, like car or track mods. Also Content manager and shader mods might be the best way of going about it.

A huge thanks has to go to @kunos for making such an awesome sim, allowing for it to be so moddable in just about every way possible. Modding has got me through some dark times, and I will always be grateful for this welcome distraction.

Also a huge thanks has to go to Race Department, for creating such a great place for Sim Racing.
For hosting all the supreme quality mods that are on here, and for all the helpful staff that run what must be the #1 Sim Racing site. That's why I will always go Premium, even if I don't use many of the addition bonus features you get by going Premium.
I'd recommend everyone goes premium, if only to show some :inlove:

Cheers,
Phoenix

543 tracks and 216 cars is very, very impressive, but still not enough:p

Without looking i would have said its 80% skins and i thought i would be pesimistic, before i checked and its about right..

A Skin is not what i consider a mod, allthough its a modification of the game. A bit fakey that record, but thats just me.

Congrats to all the fantastic uploads by the hard working mod people. Assetto Corsa has come a long way from the initial game release and is continuing to get better each month. Looking forward to future mods as time goes on. No way ACC can be done the same way cause tracks and cars are not accessible like AC1. So there wont be too many mods done to ACC, be like PC2 -- far as I can see right now unless someone knows different.

Many, many thanks to RD for hosting the content, and to all the amazing content creators who have contributed to this milestone. You have all brought much happiness to my gaming life, and I am sincerely grateful and appreciative of the time and effort you all dedicate to these projects.
:inlove:

543 tracks and 216 cars is very, very impressive, but still not enough:p
I think the car number is very impressive as huge number of those are brand new content. Which in most cases means ac managed to create a totally new group of modders from 0. With tracks we have also seen more converted content (compared to cars) but ac has still majority of brand new content. And more new stuff is coming out weekly.

Just for comparison's sake for example fallout 3 has 14.9k mods available for it at "mod-site". That is a game that is a lot more popular game than ac and it "only" managed to make 1.5 as many mods for it. In fact just racedepartment's 10k number would put ac as 7th most popular game in "mod-site". That is massive accomplishment on its own. Both for ac and race department!

I think ac also appeared at the perfect time where track conversions don't make much sense anymore. There are now various resources available in the internet for creating very accurate tracks using freely available lidar scans and other mapping services that means the track accuracy is completely on different level compared to the "last gen" stuff. There is not really much sense to spend long times converting old stuff into ac when there is so much data that makes it very sensible to start from scratch. I think ac's different structure also protected it somewhat from those plethora of single click conversion from older rf based games and from old gpl conversions.

I think kunos also deserves a positive mention here. The tools and documentation provided for modders has been amazing. Nothing is ever perfect but as far as resources and sharing information goes the ac devs really did amazing job. The car creation pdfs are irreplaceable resource of information never ever before seen in sim racing. The sdk does great job at what it does and all the other little tools really provide excellent support net for anybody thinking about doing something with ac. The data files were very nicely documented and commented and they even made their tire files available for everybody. That kind of trust into the community and faith into their own product has paid back hundredfold with the success of the game.

And the game really supports modding beautifully. Changing sounds, making skins and apps is lightyears ahead of anything the genre has ever seen. All the detail that went into all that is what really made ac as a modding platform so far ahead of anything else. It has not only made it possible for people to start from 0 and create amazing brand new content for sim racing but it has also allowed the community to pick up the game and keep developing it. There is not much that could have been improved when it comes to modding in ac. Even if there are over 7000 skins made for ac in my mind just highlights how well made the skinning system is in ac. Skinning is one of the most basic level form of modding and as such one of the most important ones as everyone can do it and when I see over 7k skins I see a game that has done excellent job with is skinning system. Not a failure at modding because out of 10k mods 7k are "just" skins.

Racedepartment has done very good job supporting ac. When ac killed the modding on their forums rd did amazing job making a new home for all those people. It is scary to think ac modding might even be bigger if the modding forums had been on rd from the day 1. Over time it has really made rd the central resource for mods. A perfect combination of archiving, promotion and support for this little niche called modding racing sims.

edit: changed mod sites names to avoid them being ***

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back