Assetto Corsa Mod Celebration - 10,000 Uploads!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
10,000_AC_mods.jpg

The sim racing modding community is awesome! Recently we reached the milestone of over 10,000 Assetto Corsa mod uploads here at RaceDepartment!

Yes, you heard it right - 10,000! TEN THOUSAND uploads by our awesome Assetto Corsa modding community. 10000 pieces of content, from cars, tracks, skins, apps and more for the wonderful Assetto Corsa racing simulation on PC.

Assetto Corsa Mods: Check out the AC Mods Download section HERE.

These mods have been crafted with love and care by the sim racing community, and represent some incredible enhancements to a great racing simulation - yet further expanding the gaming experience for everyone who enjoys their virtual racing with this title.

Mod Chat: Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion sub forum HERE.

To celebrate this milestone, and to say a massive 'thank you' to all those talented individuals who spend their time working hard to bring content for us to enjoy, wouldn't it be good if we could have a central place to offer up our collective thanks, and to tell the world about some of the mega content you've downloaded and enjoyed over the years?

Here is that place!

Please use the comments section below to say your thanks to the sim racing modding community, and to share with us all your thoughts on some of the best cars, tracks, skins, apps and additions the community have brought to Assetto Corsa over the years.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

AC Mods Discussion 1.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 2.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 3.jpg
AC Mods Discussion 5.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Congrats to every creator who contributed to this milestone.

And for Kunos for making Assetto Corsa a wonderful sim, with awesome content and a great platform for mods!

been watching that number creep up for the past couple of months, wondering if I was the only one excited for the AC mod section reaching that milestone. Congratulations to all modders for making what was already enjoyable into something truly special!
Should we celebrate by creating a top 100 mods thread for AC newcomers maybe?

A huge 'thank you' has to go to Race Department and all those who run it in such a professional manner for us all :)

The cost of hosting just those 10,000 mods for AC (never mind all the other mods for all the other sims) must cost an eye-watering amount, so if there are any non-Premium members out there who appreciate RD's hard work hosting the mods they love, maybe it's time to consider upgrading to a Premium Membership and help to share the cost :thumbsup:

Wow...Ive only managed to upload 3 so far and Im blown away by these! Keep up the good work and a massive thank you for making it so much more enjoyable. I immediately upgraded to Premium as a result of joining RD and finding out all about these Mods.

10,000, that's an incredible number. Shame only a tiny amount are mine :roflmao:

But yeah, Assetto Corsa has some utterly insane Mods out there. Special shoutouts to Donington Park, Dallara F3 and the original Snoopy Nordschleife which was the real deal until Assetto released an official version.

Kunos brought us a great sim and the people who mod have helped to make it a fantastic sim.
And lets not forget that most of whats available is for free and in some cases some free mods are on par or even better than a few paid for mods.
Without the dedication and hard work these people put into mod'ing i don't believe AC would have seen half the success it has, these last few years.
I even purchased RTB with the intention of making a local Karting track as I've been inspired by some of the great work out there, but if I'm honest is not as easy as it looks and hours have passed me by trying to get the track just right.
I do have a philosophy though, which is if i use the mod and they have a PayPal donation box, i always give them something to show my appreciation.

Long live AC :)

10,000, that's an incredible number. Shame only a tiny amount are mine :roflmao:

But yeah, Assetto Corsa has some utterly insane Mods out there. Special shoutouts to Donington Park, Dallara F3 and the original Snoopy Nordschleife which was the real deal until Assetto released an official version.

Aside from tip top stuff produced from RSS, VRC, URD and a couple others along with all the other modders, I think the biggest shout out goes to the the creator of Content Manger (complete AC game changer) and the rest from SOL and the shader patches, won't name names, you know who they are ;)

After AC closed their own mod section on the AC official forum many feared it would have been the beginning of the end for AC.
If it wouldn't have been for RD it could have really been it.
Thank you RD and to all the modders, we love you!

7447 skins
Even non considering the skins it's a impressive amount on more than 2500 mods with more than 200 cars and more than 500 tracks
The second game at RD with the most mod Is F1 2014 with just 1400 mods

And don't understimate the value of skins
As various racing Cars (modded or kunos originals) race into different championships
The skins coupled with new tracks letto you simulate all these championships

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back