Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think my first drive will be in the 312 67 F1 car against the Lotus 49 at classic Silverstone, then at Sandevoerde mod track (classic Zandvoort), then classic Monza. Too many GPL memories!
Then I'll take my teenage poster car, the 288 GTO (hope they have it in black :)), and go trash it on Highlands, then at Miseluk, then on Pacific Coast against a white Countach.
DSC4746.jpg

Third, I'll take the 250 GTO and race it against the Shelby Cobra at Longford 67 and Bridgehampton.
My wife will kill me.

Last edited:
You didn't get the memo? You're not allowed to say anything other than: Awesome! Assetto is the Greatest!. Perfect! Just what I wanted! Anything other than this = Not allowed.

Umm, that wasnt the point whatsoever...

Some people happen to realize that a Ferrari specific car pack celebrating Ferrari's 70th anniversary, isnt also a track pack. So it is pointless to continually pester people and whine about a track not being included.

Laguna Seca is coming later in the year for those that want a new track.

Perhaps you should take a step back though, as you are seemingly pretty close to being banned given your previous comment aimed at Michael :p

Umm, that wasnt the point whatsoever...

Some people happen to realize that a Ferrari specific car pack celebrating Ferrari's 70th anniversary, isnt also a track pack. So it is pointless to continually pester people and whine about a track not being included.

Laguna Seca is coming later in the year for those that want a new track.

Perhaps you should take a step back though, as you are seemingly pretty close to being banned given your previous comment aimed at Michael :p
Uh, no. Don't think so. But thanks :)

Without hesitation I will buy this DLC for the 250 GTO, the '67 cars and the 288 GTO.
I expect these cars to be pure perfection and hope especially for good engine sounds.

This DLC pack though still is bitter, bitter sweet to me and it took me a very long time to accept that we will not be seeing anytime soon the absolute glorious cars we could have seen:

Ferrari 512M above all (THAT car NEEDED to be in the pack without any doubt - we would have had EPIC battles with the Porsche 917K and to me this 512 M would have been the absolute strongest piece in the DLC)

Ferrari 550 GT1 (how on earth could this not be an automatic add into the pack - we could have a direct competitor to the Maserati MC12 GT1 and it might just have spawned more interest in the few really good modders to create a few more contemporary GT1 racers to complete a field - good old GTR2 times it would have been)

Ferrari 488 GTE (how could this not have been an auto add ?????????? - this is what Assetto Corsa is absolutely best at - contemporary GT racing + a piece of work where a big portion of the actual work is already done - why not work on completing a current WEC field of cars - Kunos could have one upped iRacing here without even flexing a muscle)

I do not care the slightest bit about the half cars (F1) that will be included in the DLC - most likely I will actually never ever turn a single lap in either of them (as I did so far with the other modern F1 cars already in Assetto Corsa). It is just not something I am interested in. I absolutely LOOOOOOVE GT racing and Assetto Corsa by far is the best simulator today to offer the best content and overall package for adrenalene packed races.

I do fully understand that maybe just maybe at some point all these modern F1 racers in Assetto Corsa will be understoo as the simulation masterpieces they most likely are and a future FIA F1 deal swerves away from Codemasters right into Kunos lap which indeed would be both great for all F1 sim fans (as for the first time since Geoff Crammond we could be seeing a serious F1 sim) and for Kunos as that would mean raining money as F1 does sell surely better than old vintage cars and 90's GT racing.

Just leaving this here with a tear in my eye:
HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT VOTED FOR THIS, HOW COULD YOU ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQvy-Sw4sw

I just watched these videos and I actually lost a few tears here. Very emotional about this car having slipped through our fingers. I know now how Hillary Clinton must have felt - she too got the Donald Trump of race cars with the 2017 F1 when true gasoline blooded racers NEEDED the Ferrari 512M - they really NEEDED the 512M. :cry:

Laguna Seca is coming later this year. Everyone following AC news knew it's not coming now... so why act surprised.

How would Seca fit something that is called "Ferrari Anniversary Pack" and why you assumed it's included?
Where did I say that I expected tracks in this DLC? I'm tired of car DLC's when AC is clearly lacking of tracks.

I'm not a big user of mods,I generally prefer the quality of the stock content, but there are some pretty excellent mod tracks out there now, which I am using more and more. Check the Downloads section.
So Kunos takes a rest on making tracks because modders do a great job? That wasnt my point, but thanks anyway.
I mean modders make excellent mod cars aswell, I just want official tracks because these ones will probably be better populated in multiplayer than mod tracks. Sorry if that first sentence sounds too harsh, nothing personal buddy

Where did I say that I expected tracks in this DLC? I'm tired of car DLC's when AC is clearly lacking of tracks.

But who cares what you're tired of. This was next scheduled DLC. Not even any news, only the date is

I want new tracks too, everyone does. But how related to article? Why always ungrateful and complaining like little bitches. Are you adult men or racing with daddy's FFB wheel? One of most legendary cars ever... and the comments are like from kids who throw a tantrum when the birthday present they got, wasn't the one they hoped

And the eternal night/rain comments. Please tell me you are bots? And not actual person

Last edited:
So Kunos takes a rest on making tracks because modders do a great job?
From the very beginning of Assetto Corsa it was conceptualized and designed to not just "allow" mods to work but to make mods a very vital part of Assetto Corsa content.
This has resulted in AC having become the single major current simulator with the largest selection of high quality mod content, some of which even having been included into it's stock content and hence been made available also to users of the console versions.

Availability of original content tracks does not only depend on the "want" of more tracks but on exceptionally high workload to create track content and surely with most tracks a large number of users would pay money for very strict licensing contracts and of course cost for licensing.
To your surprise you may even find that some race tracks will not allow for any commercial reproduction of their race track at all.

It is a difficult balance of estimating potential turnover in DLC sale of any potential track, licensing cost (with all involved contractual restrictions and month, sometimes years long negotiations) and not to forget production costs.

Users, constantly bemoaning a "lack of available tracks" on internet forums will not change that situation one iota. Instead for those users to help the cause practically by for example starting a market analysis (estimating how much turnover could potentially be generated by providing track X for price Y) or even a kickstarter project would be actually beneficial if not helping to bring a track project to fruition but to at very least open their eyes to the harsh reality of this aspect of the business venture.

Again: we have an excellent selection of mod tracks for Assetto Corsa - it may not compete in shear numbers with the availability of mod tracks for ISI engine based simulators (as of the history of some mod track origins being dated way back and having been ported over through several sims ever since) but it very surely does compete favorably in quality.
On top of that we do have all major, regularly requested race tracks available as mods and some of them are even in process of being rebuild. They may not be to Kunos original content standard but they are available and that is what we do have right now. Make use of it and do support those mod makers - maybe comment what you think needs work or at least send a nice comment their way or if you think it is worth it to you donate a little money for them to buy them a drink or save towards a new computer part.

But who cares what you're tired of. This was next scheduled DLC, not even any news, only the date is

I want new tracks too, everyone does. But how related to article? Why always ungrateful and complaining like little bitches. Are you adult men or racing with daddy's FFB wheel?
Ungrateful? Thanks Kunos for giving me the option to pay for some cars nobody will drive after 3 weeks on multiplayer?
I can post whatever I want. Im not gonna lick Kunos ass for throwing at me some cars. Do we, as a racing community, gain anything out of that? Are we going to implement that cars in club events? Probably not, so I couldn't care less. I'm here to have fun driving with/against real people and not to praise Kunos car DLC pack N° 28109, which I may enjoy in singleplayer.
As somebody already said, check the server list, its only GT3 at Monza/Spa/Nürb GP or Nordschleife trackdays, and that gets boring after 1 month.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back