Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I will also purchase this ferrari pack.
I must admit I will buy it almost only for the Ferrari 312, but of course I will also try the other cars.
The 250 GTO on road tracks must be fantastic.

We are lucky to have access to such beautiful cars, even if a simulation is only a simulation.

We are lucky to have access to such beautiful cars, even if a simulation is only a simulation.

We definitely are :) Even though there must be quite some big steps which will always separate simulation from a true thing, I think that still many people are terribly underestimating what driving simulation is capable to. It is also a good thing that simulation will never be a substitute to a real thing, because then it would reduce it. It would never be nice, it is good to leave real thrills of g-forces, fear to get hurt, to damage the car, the feeling of importance of every single lap when having in mind how much it takes to build and prepare the car, bring all the tires and change them every once they gets worn, having a team and so on.....

Some things I would like to be, like more realistic consequences of crashing, as now it is always easy to continue, takes away frustration moments though.

It is absolutely wonderful to be able to get as close to a real thing as it is in sims, first of all having very similar or even the same handling.

all the people that are saying that ac multiplayer is mostly gt3\2 servers, what about other games?
its the same thing pretty much, i have all of them and never had a proper full server with any interesting car in any game.
That's exactly why iRacing is thriving despite its mediocre physics. Not a single other sim has put any serious effort into improving the current state of non-league multiplayer in the genre.

Without hesitation I will buy this DLC for the 250 GTO, the '67 cars and the 288 GTO.
I expect these cars to be pure perfection and hope especially for good engine sounds.

Ferrari 550 GT1 (how on earth could this not be an automatic add into the pack - we could have a direct competitor to the Maserati MC12 GT1 and it might just have spawned more interest in the few really good modders to create a few more contemporary GT1 racers to complete a field - good old GTR2 times it would have been)

Catch up with this thread, 550 is coming along with others GT1 cars from that era.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gt1-championship.140452/

I'm also buying this pack just for those 3 cars you mentioned, but from what we could see on the trailer the 250 GTO is already far from pure perfection. What I do trust is that physics and sound will make me overlook the inaccuracies in the model. I hope that the 288 was done by another modeler and it turns out to be "pure perfection" :D

but from what we could see on the trailer the 250 GTO is already far from pure perfection

Please elaborate, I don't see anything I could mention which would seem to be imperfect, but I'm not as competent as you are, though I have spent lots of time trying to replicate XJ13 which is a really difficult shape. Also those are handbuilt, and each of them are slightly different. Also, as it was already mentioned, some replicas exists which are off, and many people mistakes them to the real thing. There are some XJ13 replicas, all of them are very inaccurate, and yet people still confuses them to the original, somehow.

That should point out what the predominant age group is, if the official forums aren't a clear enough indication. :rolleyes:
Yeah, if you look at my original post, the ratings show a different perspective. I also thought about that and I'm sure it have something to do with console players and a certain age group.

and then he'll have some race against the AI and have fun. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. and then he'll do it all over again on a different track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other new cars in the pack...

and then he'll have some race against the AI and think it sucks. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. but never finds any and then he'll do it all over again on a modded track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other cars he missed in the pack

Is this a kind of joke? I think what you're doing is overreacting. There are so many points why it isn't fun and you are doing nothing about it. I listed many points, tried it in forums, twitter, facebook but you guys are not listening. Just one ridiculous point as an example: Since AC started I can't open up the menu by wheel and restart the session or quit the game. There are so many others. Such a small thing is a big step and a gamebreaker if you don't have it.
So what is this? Next Gen Racing Simulator more than Hotlap Simulator. You are just a bad Forza clone besides driving physics.
Your behaviour in your post is far away from professional attitude as you should have with Kunos. Hopefully pCars2 open your eyes.

All this at less then the cost of a pizza...
Maybe he would pay more for the content he wants ... did you thought about that?
You said Le Mans is too expensive? Let the community pay as always, where is your problem?

And what about communication? Any news on M6 GT3 or Laguna Seca. No words.
Maybe if you added Marco as a friend in Facebook or look up his page everyday because his friendlist is full. Twitter dunno, protected tweets ...

Don't get me wrong, I really like AC and I want to love it, but you can't stand critism and handle it in the right way.

Please elaborate, I don't see anything I could mention which would seem to be imperfect, but I'm not as competent as you are, though I have spent lots of time trying to replicate XJ13 which is a really difficult shape. Also those are handbuilt, and each of them are slightly different. Also, as it was already mentioned, some replicas exists which are off, and many people mistakes them to the real thing. There are some XJ13 replicas, all of them are very inaccurate, and yet people still confuses them to the original, somehow.

Don't want to get into that because I know how it'll end, so let's leave it at that, is just my opinion like anybody else.
If it looks good to you then great!

Don't want to get into that because I know how it'll end, so let's leave it at that, is just my opinion like anybody else.
If it looks good to you then great!

I'm a modeller too, I hope I can call myself a modeler, and I know that any accusations like that without explanation is just confusing and just plain wrong. I know that you could be right, but I'm sure that you could be wrong also :)

One attempt to reveal a mistake has failed already :)

BTW, I feel your way about 917K exterior. To be more precise - the paint diffuse shader value and front corners including outer headlights edges. When modeling XJ13 the corners of the car were most painful, so I guess those are the places which are easiest to make mistakes in (at least in terms of shape). So I'd look for a mistake there first of all, 250GTO looks perfect there for me, at least from as much angles as we can see in the trailer.

I feel ashamed to admit that I really haven't spent much time looking at the 250... I mean its really nice, but I don't quite have the same desire for it that most people seem to. The 330P4? Now thats a beauty :p

I am expecting to be banished from the forum for admitting that, but its the truth :roflmao:

I'm a modeller too, I hope I can call myself a modeler, and I know that any accusations like that without explanation is just confusing and just plain wrong. I know that you could be right, but I'm sure that you could be wrong also :)

One attempt to reveal a mistake has failed already :)

Sorry, not getting into that game. If you thought my opinion was confusing and plain wrong, my apologies.

Not my fave Ferraris but an instabuy as I'll support sim devs as much as I can. I do agree on more tracks though, I still havn't driven every car yet but I have driven every track. It's a great time to be a sim racer (unless you want full real life championships).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.9%