Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Set To Join The Sim As Part Of The New Ferrari Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ferrari have announced the latest season of the Ferrari Esport Series on Assetto Corsa, and as part of the new championship the modern Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO is set to be brought to the simulation.

Yet further proof that Assetto Corsa is still a simulation very much at the forefront of virtual motorsport, the decision by Ferrari to once again use the platform for their latest esport activations is good news for fans of the title, especially as like last season the Italian brand will be using the new championship to bring an official new car to the sim - the 2021 Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO.

AC New Ferrari 1.jpg

In order to access the car, players are required to sign up for the new series by heading over to the Ferrari Esport Series website (link) and registering for the competition. The 2021 Ferrari Esports Series is open to residents of Europe and the UK.

Once again I will be joining Nicki Shields in the commentary box for the new season, and with an interesting selection of tracks, plus of course the exciting addition of the 488 GT3 EVO alongside the previously released 488 Challenge EVO and two original Ferrari models from within the sim, it should all make for a great year of racing, and yet another new official car for a simulation many thought had seen the end of its expanding line-up of content.

For those interested in participating in the new series, registration has opened and will move to the qualification stage with four hotlap sessions to decide the participants of the qualification races which are set to run from April 5th to late July this year.

Once qualification races have been completed and the top 48 drivers (top 12 finishers per qualification race) have been decided, the main Ferrari Esports Series competition will begin, running from late August until November, with a Grand Final to be held in December.

As well as the addition of prize draw opportunities for registered players, 2021 will also feature an new livery competition for creative designers, further information of which will be provided closer to the start of the season.

So that's it - a new esport series, and a brand-new GT3 Ferrari coming to Assetto Corsa!

Original Source: Ferrari Esports

Assetto Corsa is available now on both PC and console.

Discuss the sim, chat with fellow fans and get all the hints, tips and tricks you need to make the most of this outstanding title. Head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself in on the conversation.

AC New Ferrari 2.jpg

Last edited:
"The 2021 Ferrari Esports Series is open to residents of Europe and the UK. "

...and so the virtual and real divide continues...

Although it can be at times a result of laws in various countries that forbid certain events with prizes. I should know. Evan as a friendly neighbourly Canadian the U.S. usually forbids anyone else's eligibility from another country. Same for Europe, Asia, UK, etc...

...and fatal4you, Nicki or Niki Shields is a female motorsports reporter/broadcaster best known for the Formula E series. I wasn't sure if you were honestly unaware of who she is.

"The 2021 Ferrari Esports Series is open to residents of Europe and the UK. "

...and so the virtual and real divide continues...

Although it can be at times a result of laws in various countries that forbid certain events with prizes. I should know. Evan as a friendly neighbourly Canadian the U.S. usually forbids anyone else's eligibility from another country. Same for Europe, Asia, UK, etc...

...and fatal4you, Nicki or Niki Shields is a female motorsports reporter/broadcaster best known for the Formula E series. I wasn't sure if you were honestly unaware of who she is.
Legal and travel reasons, they don't want a finalist to drop out before finals because they cannot travel for whatever reason. I believe it's fairly easy to get the car at least anyway.

I feel you and as much as I find ACC superbly done, GT3 cars just like modern F1 are just a bore to me... I wish we could get some vintage race cars or exotic series to be as popular online...
I felt the same way as you for a long time. That is until I started racing GT3 more in some clubs and a league. I have found I actually love the way some GT3 cars handle and how competitive the racing in them can be.

I'm in love with the 991.2 GT3 car just for example, I can't get enough of it. It's really interesting how much the feel of it changes over the race as you run with different amounts of fuel. On the other hand I haven't once enjoyed driving the NSX, which is too bad because I do well in it.

With all that said I would love a modern GT Legends of sorts with every car running H pattern and steering by throttle is the norm. As much as modern cars are incredible the character of classics is so lovely.

I am guessing that through the magic of VPN technology and my 90 years old Italian mother, I should be able to download this thing. Why keep the US out of it though? I can understand the racing, but owning the car?

• Deleted member 241736

imo / : Ferrari would like to swap into ACC with their contest but was blocked by SRO.

Don‘t forget ACC feels much more better than AC when it comes to car handling. AC is still alive cause of less CPU/GPU requirements

I felt the same way as you for a long time. That is until I started racing GT3 more in some clubs and a league. I have found I actually love the way some GT3 cars handle and how competitive the racing in them can be.
I agree with you, I'm enjoying the online races with them because it's easy enough to bring some competitiveness and some of the cars are interesting to master. But I also agree with you about the beauty and fun of the old school steering by throttle way and that's what I'm missing. :notworthy:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back