Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Set To Join The Sim As Part Of The New Ferrari Esport Series

I think once they reply to confirm you are signed up.

I think because it's linked with your SteamID then I guess it becomes available in game? Hopefully you don't have to re-download or check local files.

Goblin616

Premium
Canada
We have to sign up somewhere to get this car? I don't understand... they model a new car for AC and won't give it to everyone who owns the game? I'm confused here, please correct me.

Last edited:

Johnr777

Premium
We have to sign up somewhere to get this car? I don't understand... they model a new car for AC and won't give it to everyone who owns the game? I'm confused here, please correct me.
Yes, the new vehicles are for people participating in the competition. You sign up in the Ferrari website, provide your steamid and when it’s time, the cars will download as DLC

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
You sign up in the Ferrari website, provide your steamid and when it’s time, the cars will download as DLC
Just to be nitpicky, when it's time you'll receive a Steam Key you can redeem for the cars as DLC. You'll receive the code for the Ferrari Challenge right after you sign up, and the 488 GT3 EVO will come some time down the line.

Goblin616

Premium
Canada
Just to be nitpicky, when it's time you'll receive a Steam Key you can redeem for the cars as DLC. You'll receive the code for the Ferrari Challenge right after you sign up, and the 488 GT3 EVO will come some time down the line.
Does this mean that we are only elligible for this updated car if we participate in esports races?

I can only manage a high 1:28 at Brands GP in the Challenge car. I can see some drivers are at least a second faster. I rung the neck of that car, can't seem to go any faster.

One thing I discovered purely by accident was that by going too hot into some corners and squaring them off, I was actually faster than sticking to a "pure" racing line. I was going in, braking too late, almost coming to a stop, turning the car then flooring it. Obviously I am overstating the movements there for effect, but it yeilded some better laptimes in some corners.