Assetto Corsa Competizione Wish List

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ok folks so we know what it is, we know when it's coming and we know it has the Blancpain GT Series licence. But what else do you want to see in the title? Let us know your wish list requests in the comments section below..

SIM RACING IS AWESOME!

Okay, here goes nothing. Some long-standing wishlist items for AC, there's no shortage of things that could be added during Early Access:
  • Functionality for simulation of relevant series rules: safety car, FCY, yellow zones, flags, penalties, super pole, scoring... also applies to AI (can receive penalties, abides to flags).
  • Longer formation lap than the quick rolling start that was shown in footage for some time to flick through display pages, listen to what the team on radio has to say about the upcoming session, get used to track conditions, etc.
  • Practice/qualifying in-lap, race victory lap instead of teleport to pits.
  • AI able to attack inside, defend inside line, use slip stream, variation of aggression per driver (incl. different drivers per car) instead of whole grid acting the same.
  • Pit radio includes audio spotter (which I prefer over arrows/radar).
  • Visible pitboards in-world and optionally HUD (ability to show pitboard for a few seconds after crossing the line instead of timing info on HUD all race)
  • Team engineer for setup guidance.
  • Manual pit speed limiter, pit speed (50 km/h?) shown in race menu.
  • Open garages, starting practice sessions in garage (nkPro had it).
  • Headlight, windscreen wiper modes (whatever the real cars have, not certain), indicators (GT3 definitely have those, not sure about Blancpain rules about their usage).
  • "3D" mirrors, mirror adjustment per car and in-game instead of global .ini, mirrors reflecting own car.
  • Clickable cockpits (nkPro had it).
  • Adjustable steer ratio? (nkPro had it).
  • RHM-like functionality, look-with-turn-in, ability to bind freelook to keys/axis.
  • Active track marshals (in the footage we've seen a person waving the green flag so far but no checkered and no trace of yellows).
  • Debris on track (Tyre marbles, dirt, sand, car parts).
  • Improved loose surface physics (debris, grass, gravel traps).
  • Ability to beach GT3 cars in gravel traps - IMHO stuffing it up in a way that you can't finish a race or have a certain time for recovery and cause a FCY/safety car should be a possibility.
  • Windscreen and headlights get dirty over time during race, debris accumulating in front air intakes when off-track affecting oil/water temps - automatically cleaned during pit stops (crew animation with mechanic).
  • Risk of punctures when running very low/high pressures, crashing/side-to-side contact, constantly running over higher/sharp kerbs, debris pickup (Kunos mentioned it as possibility before I believe).
  • Tyre barriers as physical objects instead of solid walls - not tyres with little mass flying everywhere like Forza but walls that aren't rock solid and actually serve to protect the car. IRL GT's often times can still continue racing after a smaller off without even much body damage, in AC you most likely damaged the suspension or engine after contact.
  • Better collision physics where cars don't bounce off each other as violently as in AC.
  • Better damage model, more localised damage.
  • Chassis flex?
  • Repair times (nkPro had something like it) - if you crash a car in qualifying no ability to just reset and set more times. Repair should take longer than in AC - no more major crash repairs within normal pit stop time.
  • Expanding AC's air density simulation: Air density dependent on set real-life circuit altitude, influenced by weather (humidity).
  • Brake wear relevant for the 24 hour race dependent on your braking, failure to change in last third of the race should carry increasing risk of brake disk failure. If we really can race 24 hour races with saving state and driver swaps etc. the car should not stay perfectly intact for 24 hours. Also, GT3's produce considerable amounts of brake dust if you want to give pit stops more detail.
  • Tyre allocations in sets for dry tyres as in regs (was hinted at by Kunos, not confirmed). AI able to pit for tyres and strategise.
  • Brake temperatures influencing tyres temps, was mentioned in Kunos interview I believe.
  • Manual engine off/on during pitstops - penalty for engine on while on air jacks and refueled.
  • Engine stalling (now that start/stop is implemented).
  • Physics-based simulation for fluid temperaturs, oil/water/brakes, quick-inject of oil during endurance race (irrelevant for pit stop time/strategy but would make for a nice additional animation).
  • Spatial audio simulation (physics based occlusion, reverb, etc.).
  • Track map as sticker somewhere in-cockpit (nkPro had it)
  • Support of chrome paint material for car liveries.
  • Larger grid sizes possible as option. Let people that can run it have the Blancpain 60-car grids.
  • Options for real-time synced weather at track location + synced weather on past weather data for chosen in-game time of day at track location.
  • Suspension values displayed in setup screen based on a separate virtual flat plane, not car how it sits in pits to avoid issues with pit lanes on incline (Paul Ricard, Spa). Cars are setup jacked up and level in garage, not while sitting on the asphalt.
  • Setting to display tyre pressures in bar, roll bars setting in Nm, etc.
  • Personal stats page, online and offline. I'd love to know my win ratio, championships won, km driven, etc.
  • Scheduled official online races/championships to enter - esports.
  • Ability to enter any car online, not just a pre-selection.
  • More technical info about the cars in the menu - drivetrain layout, weight distribution, engine, etc. (nkPro had it).
  • Continued support for data acquisition software like AIM in AC.
  • Put more options into the game menu, not just .ini files (if you officially support them/not experimental).
  • And if ACC does well I would really like to see more SRO content (cars, circuits, teams, championship rule sets) for the sim in the long term, happily as DLC expansions - as Marco said no promises but it would be a great fit for expanding the game in future.
    • (Intercontinental GT Challenge for Laguna Seca, Bathurst, Suzuka; Blancpain GT Asia for circuits like Fuji, Suzuka, Sepang, Chang and GT3-GT4 multi-class; British GT with GT3-GT4 multi-class and Oulton Park, Snetterton, Donington Park, Rockingham; PWC for North American circuits like Road America, VIR, Watkins Glen; content from the various GT4 Series)
Man... nice list with great ideas.

I'd like to see something like this.
The shaking, the head movements....except when looking into the mirrors I'd leave that for the VR. :)
I'm quite sure that if it would be adjustable with a slider as some may find that movement too much, it would add to the immersion a lot. It would be amazing. Not one simulator comes even close to this.

Last edited:

The shaking, the head movements....except when looking into the mirrors I'd leave that for the VR. :)
I'm quite sure that if it would be adjustable with a slider as some may find that movement too much, it would add to the immersion a lot. It would be amazing. Not one simulator comes even close to this.
I thought this was a screenshot of ACC before clicking on it.

Your brain filters a lot of that shaking out when driving.

I sure like to see a detailed setup when it comes to online gaming. Abel to go in to a lobby where the ranking is ditailed, so it is possible to drive against drivers of very near same level of ranking. Possible to setup the races very detailed, when it comes to damage, weather, locked setup of the car. Sure would be nice to race with same level of car settings, so the setup-expert don't get the advange. Let it be possible to be about the driving for the drivers, not setting of cars plus the driver next :) Looking forward to see the improvement from Assetto Corsa to Competizione. Sure have a hard time waiting for your release.....

Add more complete series over time as DLCs - Asia GT, GT4, WEC, WTRC, maybe a classic series, like the IMSA GTO or something like that would be nice imo.
I think in future they're going to add maybe GT4 because Blancpain GT Series (both Endurance and sprint) are in possession of SRO Group, same for GT4. Add IMSA, WEC, WTCR could not be possible. Also because Le Mans got his esports championship in Forza Motorsport 7!!!

Not sure if this has been asked about but, when in a practice session or Qually session on a race weekend, is it possible that when the timer runs out for praccy and qually can we finish off the lap and drive back to the pits or is it like AC where its a sudden jolt and teleport to the pits. The former would be great for that extra bit of realism and immersion.
Cheers.

I would like a GT sim to eventually get ahead of the season and then working
close with teams release updated skinsets in time for each race as cheap DLC and/or included in a season pass version

Also include test days in the official season for something different online room

Sure, initially. Are there no plans to take it into other disciplines?

Karting, really? Copying this here, from another thread asking for F1 cars in ACC:

CsgZXDO.png

Seriously guys... it would be good time now to get this into your systems. Why is there no people asking at NHL 2019 forums questions like

"Is there going to be basketball, cricket or rugby DLC in the official NHL game?"
"Sure initially just hockey, but..."

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/categories/nhl-19-pre-launch-discussion

Last edited:
Some excellent points raised, for me it has to be audio.
We already find the game appears to have excellent audio.

While AC was quite good in this regard, what I would like to see is even more control over the individual audio effects within the game.

It already has pretty decent (audio-tactile) if we EQ things a bit even though from the video taken below we cannot be certain what (vol levels were used for each effect). More control here would be very nice for those seeking to not just enjoy the audible mix from the game from its sound but also bringing more for Buttkicer/Tactile usage.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%