Assetto Corsa Competizione Wish List

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ok folks so we know what it is, we know when it's coming and we know it has the Blancpain GT Series licence. But what else do you want to see in the title? Let us know your wish list requests in the comments section below..

SIM RACING IS AWESOME!

A couple of my wishes for ACC on the technical side are in Audio improvements and the modeling of physical drivetrain behavior. I think these are really important aspects for greater immersion and connection to the virtual car.

Kunos Audio quality has progressed over time and hopefully, having some new tools and learned a few new tricks, the audio will be markedly better than AC. With greater access to cars and cooperation with racing-teams, the audio samples should be of high quality so it may be largely a matter of the overall audio-dynamics that make the difference.

RaceRoom may have the best drive-train elasticity today, at least its the only title where I can actually feel it through the seat of my pants (Motion). This really adds another layer of immersive feedback and interaction with the virtual car that I find very engaging and it makes RR a standout in that aspect.

I don't want to get bogged down on content and physics this time

My hope is for implementing RTX per model with updates
It may be a technology, still needs creativity and best visual
interpretation which technique will improve over time

Reflections are nice but what interests me is the possibility
with light on environment, rain, fog , smoke etc
along with much better shadows

Main hope is they implement DLSS as this has the possibility of dramatically improving fps over TAA and looks nicer at the same time

Biggest hope is they eventually utilize it to full potential and use it as standard so others follow like the sheep they are with GT3 cars lol

I am personally a big fan of one serie with maximum details. I don't need tons of mods in such a game (assetto corsa makes the job).

And when we speak sim racing, there is one game which have focused the attention of thousands simracers and that have never been replaced : Grand prix legends.
We just have an overview in Assetto corsa with the lotus 49 and the ferrari 312.
I dream about a modern Grand prix legends from Kunos.

(As I already mention, I also dream of a one track game : 24h of le Mans with virtual race together with the real race)

What i like to see in acc or even in ac.

Able to make championships like it could in gtr2.. multi classes.. trackfilter so you can say on spa 60 cars but on monza 40 cars that you can choose when you go from 60 cars to 40 which 40 cars.

Something like a talent file (like in gtr2/rfactor)
And a way to give every single car/driver his own setup instead only give the car a setup up.

In the past i did completly rebuild gtr2 for it.
Instead of differant liveries in one car folder i give every livery his own car folder so you could give every liverie his own setup file.

That did give me some more realistic offline races (even on le mans with 56 cars)
Within the limits of the game engine/options

What i like to see in acc or even in ac.

Able to make championships like it could in gtr2.. multi classes.. trackfilter so you can say on spa 60 cars but on monza 40 cars that you can choose when you go from 60 cars to 40 which 40 cars.

Something like a talent file (like in gtr2/rfactor)
And a way to give every single car/driver his own setup instead only give the car a setup up.

In the past i did completly rebuild gtr2 for it.
Instead of differant liveries in one car folder i give every livery his own car folder so you could give every liverie his own setup file.

That did give me some more realistic offline races (even on le mans with 56 cars)
Within the limits of the game engine/options

EVERYTHING you describe above is fully implemented when using Assetto Corsa + Content Manager, … everything ;-)

It is highly unlikely these features will come any time soon to ACC though.
These features you describe are actually one of the main reasons why I love Content Manager so much - I always build myself custom races which I safe as profiles and refine with more and more precise settings over time. This allows me to replay historically significant races where AI drivers actually behave closely to how the actual racers have finished in those races.

Those features will only ever have a chance once Ilja may move on towards building a Content Manager software for ACC which in return first would have to become the next major modding platform which may take a couple of years.

I think it would be a nice idea to bring some DLC which support the other Blancpain Series around the world ... like the blancpain gt world challenge us or asia. Would be a great enrichment to get tracks from there too ! :) :)
I remember a post either by AC site or Blancpain if anyone would be going to any of the Blancpain GT Series races this year and I said no because no USA races and Marco replied "Never say Never Brian" so hey maybe either a USA race will be added or we may just get that DLC of World Challenge USA :)

• Deleted member 748322

I wished it was optimized. I've seen many bad streams and videos of the game, also.
As a Blancpain and GT3 fan, I was really hyped about ACC, but I can't run it on my laptop, not with reasonable graphic's quality.
So, I'm sticking with the beatiful "old" Assetto Corsa+Sol mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Needings:

1) A more precise spotter during race. Not only for the race itself, but also for championship purposes. "The guy X is in 5th position." Whre the "Guy X" is the nearer rival in championship, for example. Or "The Guy X is pitting now. You are 30 secs from him." And sort of.

2) A more comprehensive standing for championships. To look at even in race and in every session of the weekend. Because the simdriver is alone, and he doesn't have the support of a team, there must be a way to watch at the standings with more flexibility. We must have also the possibility to watch historical standings by circuit and for the championship in progress.

3) Blue flag AI, of course.

4) We need a manual, not cross-referenced links to Kunos forum.

tracks, more tracks.
in-game communications
more car classes to choose from
custom car class multiplayer races
more admin server commands.
livery paint booth for custom liveries.
love this game haven't played AC since ACC's inception.

I wonder how Kunos will introduce new content someday. Will it be similar to the so called experiences/packages Raceroom uses? In this case a European GT4 package would make much sense since they "only" have to create GT4 cars as the tracks are the same used in GT3. My hope is that they someday bring a more US or Asia focussed content (IMSA for example). Or what about a historic package?

However if they try to reproduce complete series – which I'd appreciate – how will they tackle recreating all those tracks? I recall that their track-building speed was quite slow compared to their car making speed (tracks are bigger, I know).

Guess this won't happen before the final race at Barcelona, so far we've had new skins or driver lineups at every race, so if they want to do a comprehensive DLC they need to wait till some weeks after the final race. Personally, I'd rather have them tackle some of the other points in this thread and take it slow with the DLC, beginning of 2020 sounds good to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back