RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.5 and GT4 DLC Released

Many things are regional priced, most things get sold in relation to the local supply and demand curves. Just think about fruits as an example which may be sold very cheaply in many countries but when exported increase in value, as they enter markets with more income and differing demand curves.
I'm just wondering how people that can afford extremely expensive hardware in a poor country can't afford software. Converting the price of the GT4 DLC in Brazil to US dollars still makes it almost half of what I paid.
Anyways, hopefully game developers keep giving away their work for next to nothing since so far it seems to be the status quo.
--------------
Anybody else feel like using hotlap mode on their favorite track in order to see how close, or how far, laptimes differentiate between the different cars?

I did.

I immigrated, I was thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dollars in debt, I have a wife, two young children, Casual position that ended, no income (no welfare because I sit outside the system) The question we had was to skip Christmas for the kids or to pretend everything was fine and use the credit card to give them a xmas in the hope things came through.

They did, I picked up more casual work though it was the end of January, I put money aside for my education and took time off work to attend courses, This lead to full time work and further education. 8 years later I have 3 diplomas, an advanced diploma, I'm a certified trainer and assessor and a qualified auditor. I have a very well paid job, I've traveled abroad multiple times and seen what real hardship is, I have a shed full of motorcycles, a nice house with multiple bedrooms and a swimming pool. And I can waste my time with stupid discussions on the internet.

If the motivation for all your ranting is based on my use of the "est" at the end of a word then everyone you know and deal with on a daily basis have my sympathy.
I realise all that because, the "Amount" isn't the issue, because it's a small amount we shouldn't care?

And when someone says "the poorest live like kings", that's just a bunk statement that I will NEVER let pass without strong counter debate. All it needed was a "sorry I mean "the poor"", which would have ended the discussion but that didn't happen.

I don't think that really poor people (unfortunately, can) care about simracing so I don't think Kunos would have to consider them in their pricing decisions for the GT4 DLC.

I'm just wondering how people that can afford extremely expensive hardware in a poor country can't afford software. Converting the price of the GT4 DLC in Brazil to US dollars still makes it almost half of what I paid.
Anyways, hopefully game developers keep giving away their work for next to nothing since so far it seems to be the status quo.
--------------
Anybody else feel like using hotlap mode on their favorite track in order to see how close, or how far, laptimes differentiate between the different cars?
Dude, c'mon, I don't know if you are playing dumb...

If our minimum wage is like $200 and yours is $1500, I think it's pretty damn obvious why we struggle more to buy stuff. It's not rocket science.

Physical stuff needs to be produced, shipped, taxed and sold by retailers. A god damn software just needs to be downloaded from a platform. You cannot compare them...

And It was explained a million times before, it's better to sell a lot of DLC's for X times less than 0 at full price. No big brain required to understand.

If our minimum wage is like $200 and yours is $1500, I think it's pretty damn obvious why we struggle more to buy stuff. It's not rocket science.

Physical stuff needs to be produced, shipped, taxed and sold by retailers. A god damn software just needs to be downloaded from a platform. You cannot compare them...

And It was explained a million times before, it's better to sell a lot of DLC's for X times less than 0 at full price. No big brain required to understand.

It's a common misconception that software has no value because it is virtual. Forgetting how many man-days of work are necessary to develop and maintain it.

Butzemann

... Quick but without hastiness ...
Premium

If there is a need to change your professional life, you may give yourself a try as a comedian. You are gifted with talent.

Cheers

Butzemann

... Quick but without hastiness ...
Premium
Back to business ... many thanks to Kunos for the great GT4 DLC and also for the Revision 1.5. Well done.

Cheers

It's a common misconception that software has no value because it is virtual. Forgetting how many man-days of work are necessary to develop and maintain it.
It doesn't have no value because it's virtual but the cost for a copy of a digital product must be close to zero (I really don't know :))
So, once your digital product is on a server, it must be worth selling lots of it cheaper than a few (or none ! ) at full price.
Am I writing nonsense ? :)

guidofoc

Premium
It doesn't have no value because it's virtual but the cost for a copy of a digital product must be close to zero (I really don't know :))
So, once your digital product is on a server, it must be worth selling lots of it cheaper than a few (or none ! ) at full price.
Am I writing nonsense ? :)
Er.. the cost of a copy? I am not sure I understand. If to make a DLC you need for example 5000 hours of work, 500.000 euros of licenses etc. then you have a cost x. Then you need to estimate how many copies you need to sell and at which price in order to cover the costs, the break-even. Let's say you need to sell 10000 copies at 60 euros each to reach break-even. At 60 euros nobody will buy that DLC, so you decide to go for 20 euros. In that case you need to sell 30000 copies. And so on, the lower the price the more copies you need to sell. After you reach break-even, the other copies you sell are all profit. You try to set the price so that you can realistically sell the copies needed to break-even + a reasonable profit. If the thing is a huge success and you sell tons of copies, you make a lot of money. Well deserved.

--------------

I've now had the chance to lap all the cars around Brands Hatch using both the safe and aggressive setups. All the cars seem pretty much comparable with less than 1 second between the cars I got on best (BMW, Audi, Xbow, Chevrolet) with and those I found trickier (Maserati, Ginetta), most cars were within a few 10th of each other.

I saw nothing to suggest any car would have a significant advantage, with the caveat that my lap times in ACC are firmly in the AM category compared with real-world lap times! Just as with the ACC GT3 cars I can't find that last 2-1.5 seconds a lap to match real-world record times (not a criticism of the game at all, just how I've found it at my skill level).

The cars do all have superbly different characters and that gives them a real just one more lap addictiveness.

Last edited:
Nobody said it has no value. Both software and hardware needs to be developed, except hardware has way more steps before it reaches the consumer, your argument is irrelevant.

I had a lot of fun, certainly more than £17.99's worth ;) , driving these laps and making this little comparison chart. This is far from definitive of course, it's just my average sim racing skills and the times I could achieve consistently within a 10th or 2. For context, I've turned a good few thousand laps on real tracks in a whole range of cars and karts but I am far from the quickest and I'm sure many people here can do far better!

ACC Brands Hatch Hotlap comparison.jpg

Green for the faster setup (in my hands) and where I was faster than the real qualifying time. Orange where the real qualifying time was faster.

The real world qualifying times can be found in the link below. I used the 2018 times as the track was dry and the conditions were closer to the Hotlap settings in-game. In 2019 the track was damp to drying and far cooler temperature. *A110 real-time is from 2019 as it didn't run in 2018, no real-time available for the Maser.
https://european.gt4series.com/results?filter_season_id=3&filter_meeting_id=17

The BMW, Aston and Audi were all fast and consistent lap after lap, I could drive cars like that all day just as I do on a real track/test day. The Chevrolet and Audi really came alive with the aggressive setup. I struggled to find the lap time with the Porsche, McLaren and Ginetta but that's probably me rather than the game. The Ginetta, in particular, feels way more reluctant to turn in than the real car, nothing a setup can't fix I'm sure, I'm about 1 second faster in the AMS2 version of the G55. I'm also genuinely surprised that the G55 Supercup cars seem to be another second or so faster than these Euro GT4 cars, I'm not sure what the difference is in the specs or regulations though.

Full praise where it is due, Kunos have done a superb job with recreating these cars, hugely fun to drive at moderate speeds and challenging on the edge of grip to extract the most from. Being super picky I'd expect slightly more feeling of the front of the car and inside wheel going light in Clark Curve but honestly, the feel and feedback is already so good that it doesn't really matter.

Just my opinion of course but these cars in ACC are as close as you're going to get unless you drive the real thing. With many of these cars that is always an option too as Ginetta, for example, run track days where you can do just that. If you do I might well see you there because after driving these cars today I'm going to treat myself to a day out on track once they are up and running again. :)

Dumb and dumber.
Can we please stop this, and talk about DLC.

Yes of course, and I did not bring it up. Being general counsel of a software company I see the hard work and immense effort that goes into developing good software products. Therefore I just react when people say it should be cheap because you can sell it many times, and when I see Kunos' great new DLC i can imagine how many hours of programming and testing must have gone into that. Btw: I am quite new to this forum and surprised about the rudeness of some people here.

I finally got to spend some time with this today. Loved the Camaro. That was just a whole bunch of fun. Tried the Maserati. Loved the engine sound, particularly on downshift. I could not control it as well as the Camaro though. Then I spent a couple laps in the BMW M4. Another outstanding experience. This M4 was a hoot to drive. Very different than the one in iRacing that handles like a brick. Well Done ACC. I am stunned how far this title has come since early access. Stay focused and keep bringing out great content. We'll keep buying it.

Andrew_WOT

Premium
ACC is breathing down older brother's neck. All it needed just a little time to spread the wings, like ugly duckling.
Well done Kunos! :thumbsup:
1595135414682.png

AusWillis

Premium
I finally got to spend some time with this today. Loved the Camaro. That was just a whole bunch of fun. Tried the Maserati. Loved the engine sound, particularly on downshift. I could not control it as well as the Camaro though. Then I spent a couple laps in the BMW M4. Another outstanding experience. This M4 was a hoot to drive. Very different than the one in iRacing that handles like a brick. Well Done ACC. I am stunned how far this title has come since early access. Stay focused and keep bringing out great content. We'll keep buying it.

Yeah, gave them all a run at Kyalami, the Camaro and Maserati sounded mean as, realy wanted the Maserati to be the one but was a bit of a handful.

Of them all I found the McLaren, Ginetta and the Porsche both sounded good and seemed easiest to drive but I think I am going to keep going back to the Maserati just cause it sounds so mean and looks it as well.