Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Hotfix Beta Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1. 7 Update - D.Jankovic.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new 'preview' hotfix build for their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation.

Moving the sim to version 1.0.7, the new build is available now under the 'beta' tab of the game within Steam, with the main public build release expected to drop in the next few days if no significant issues are detected by early adopters of the latest version.

Build 1.0.7 update notes:

GENERAL
:
  • CPU optimization on the game thread resulting in less CPU usage with AI.
  • Added all cars' locations to shared memory.
  • Added electronics channels to shared memory, in particular TC, TC Cut, ABS, fuel cons, engine map, exhaust temps, lights and wipers stages.
  • Added initial TrackIR plugin implementation.
    NOTE: a specific profile is required to be set up, please follow our forums for more information.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Mid-session saving is re-enabled.
  • Added ability to save multiple games and load then individually.
  • NOTE: Championship and Career can still only have a single saved instance.
  • Now save games correctly handle car damage.
  • NOTE: it will only work with new saved games.
  • Fixed a bug where restarting the engine was not possible in certain cameras.
  • Fixed a bug with championship status when starting a new championship with another season in progress.
  • Fixed wrong blue flag when only one car remains on the track.
  • Reworked driver stint logic in Endurance game modes.
  • Added driving time limit per driver in Endurance game modes.
  • Added driver stint requirements per different Endurance modes as per real-life regualtions.
  • Improved AI strategy in stint-based game modes.
AUDIO:
  • Disabled possibility to trigger the Helicam audio during intro sequence.
  • Stop&Go penalty engineer audio message.
CONTROLLERS:
  • Mouse steering overhaul.
  • Steering linearity added to controller settings.
  • Race commands will not longer be intercepted for UI commands other than the directional pad (up, down, left and right).
  • Fixed clutch limit bug when using maximum deadzone.
UI/HUD:
  • Added Save Game window in the main menu to load saved games.
  • Fixed chat window auto pop-in bug when receiving messages.
  • Electronics and pitstop MFD page made more compact.
  • HUD and car dash delta relinked to same source.
  • Adjusted button alignment in the Replay menu.
  • Fixed a bug where saving a setup with "/" in the file name would create a new folder.
  • Fixed a bug where controller input was lost on the leaderboard page of the career and championship.
  • Car previews now reliably load high-res textures in preview screens.
  • Small car previews now reliably load on the Special Event pages.
  • Added replay leaderboard and 'Toggle HUD' button in the replay HUD.
  • Removed redundant "Driver" button on Player page.
  • Updated UI background images and logos.
  • Championship end-page logic review.
  • Restyling of the championship and career pages.
  • Added option to scale race HUD widgets.
  • NOTE: in this implementation it allows the player to resize the elements of the race HUD overall.
  • Added "Continue" button for championship weather page.
  • Added Save Replay and Save Highlights as configurable controls (the saving will have a 1-minute cooldown before allowing it again).
  • Replay HUD now allows camera cycling during free camera.
  • Disabled ideal line during replay.
  • More reliable 'stop the engine' message during pitstops.
  • Improved lapped information for realtime leaderboard when the cars are on the same lap.
  • Improved filter for gap information in the realtime leaderboard.
  • Added driver stint and remaining driving time information in the pit strategy page of the MFD.
  • MFD now displays mandatory pit stop requirements in relevant game modes on the pit strategy page.
  • NOTE: it also displays whether the selected options meet the requirements and thus count towards a valid mandatory pit stop.
  • NOTE: maximum driving time is the key information to follow in endurance races
  • Added pit limiter popup display when entering the pit entry zone.
  • Added helicam and onboard cameras to the broadcasting app.
GRAPHICS:
  • LOD adjustments on various models.
  • Wheel rim material adjustments for various cars.
  • Update to Black Falcon team liveries.
  • Potential fix for the random open-close car door animations during gameplay.
  • Fix for brake lights of hidden cars visible when limited opponents visibility is used.
PHYSICS:
  • New 5 collision points tyre model. Tyres now "climb gradually" over kerbs, sausages, bumps both in lateral and longitudinal motion.
  • Completely eliminates the "rail kerb" effect. Greatly improved behaviour over all kind of kerbs, improved precision, improved bumps absorption.
  • Tyre model improvements to better handle high load peak situations and high rolling resistance peaks.
  • Tyre model now simulates lowering of profile while the tyre flexes. Ride heights will be lower during turns.
  • Tweaks to tyre model rolling resistance model. (Fixed and speed sensitive RR variations).
  • New Traction Control operation. TC now simulates a two step operation, acting on the engine ignition timing (lowering power) and if that is not enough, cutting ignition all together as before.
    This permits the TC to have a smoother operation at the start of a slide, permitting the driver to use the slide to turn the car without extreme vibrations or engine cut.
  • New Traction Control logic. TC now takes into account the yaw acceleration, simulating gyroscope sensors as the real cars.
  • As a result, even if the slide or slip of the tyres is not enough, a sudden yaw acceleration (a fast rotation of the car) will activate the TC to save the car from spinning. It also works intelligently so that it can check if the yaw rotation is under control by the driver, allow him to use the power at will.
  • Tweaks on the tyre pressure loss on rough surfaces (kerbs, off road etc).
  • Car collider tweaks for various models.
  • Fixed tyre core temps not properly saved and loaded.
  • Fixed incorrect tyre wear when restarting race after loading a saved game.
  • Tweaks to weather temperatures and sun phase.
  • Tweaks to water dissipation rates.
  • Fixed a setup bug with wet/dry setups on session changes.
  • Fixed bugs related to setup naming.
  • Fixed a bug with speed limiter status in neutral gear.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Automatic engines will start when the Pit Menu closes, so all engines should be on at the start of a formation lap.
  • Rejoining a server while disqualified is now detected in all situations, locking down the car in the pitlane (instead of doing so on the straight after the first lap).
  • Speed up to 50kph" message will not trigger when starting in the pitlane.
  • Pit menu selections now are more adaptive, also removing the "Setup" button as spectator.
  • Entering an empty server as spectator will now properly start with the pitlane camera.
  • Slightly increased the ping limit for CP servers.
  • Fixed long formation lap to not allow waiting in the first sector. Doing so will ignore the first lap.
  • Added server health diagonistics, usable in the UI for further client updates and as admin command.
  • Added UI element (next to the tyre app) indicating server health stats, and colorful warnings for overloaded servers.
  • Replaced "result" json outputs by a new structure containing more information like track, session data, all laps and all penalties
  • Json outputs now are also written when the session is advanced via /next command, or when the last player leaves and the server resets.
  • Fixed the "rain" and "ambient" conditions setting having little to no influence on the dynamic weather
  • Reduced the rate of weather changes for high randomness settings
  • Activated the entryList setting "defaultGridPosition", allowing to resume a race any time (any Q session will overwrite the positions, but P->R would not).
  • Added "dumpEntryList" flag, usable on non-public servers.
  • It will save all connected cars and drivers to a entrylist.json when a Q session is finished.
  • Added admin command "/manual entrylist" to save an entrylist of the currently connected cars and drivers (on a non-public server).
  • Fixed total race time having an offset in result jsons
  • Fixed playerIds not filled in the json results when defined by entry list.
  • Fixed car category not being configurable in every scenario (using the entry list).
  • Collisions during the race wait time won't affect the SA rating.
  • Removed randomization from "wrong tyre" warnings.
TrackIR is now implemented, and requires the following:
A basic TrackIR user profile that has all the relevant settings and some basic, neutral curves applied so you can have a good starting point with a functional profile (you can finetune the curves for different responses or use a different center key mapping, etc...) is included in the attachment of this post.

The profile needs to be copied into this folder: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

The profile needs to be selected via:

ACC Track IR.png

Opening image credit: D. Jankorvic

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I have a Porsche Cayenne it has a bug,but no version number it must return to the Garage,
My Lamborghini catches fire in the back it's not a bug it's hot.
My Ferrari lawn mower get's not all The_Grass

I got no idea why I write this but...

Sorry @foyol , I don't lie, there is not need to. Check the forum at RD and Steam and you will see several posts stating the web page changes.
And I will check the date Kunos was bought by 505 games and I'll tell you exactly when they stopped fixing AC, actually the official Assetto Corsa forum has a post stating that they are focus on ACC at the moment and customers should understand.
v1.16 was released on December, 2017 https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...corsa-v1-16-and-bonus-pack-3-available.48457/
505 Games announced the purchase o Kunos on January 2017 https://www.mcvuk.com/505-games-parent-company-buys-assetto-corsa-studio/

Before you accuse someone of lying verify your facts first.
I don't need to lie, my only interest is fair play from Kunos. I love their games.
Ahem..
how many months there are between january 2017 and december 2017?

If you don't want to lie, just tell that AC had an active development AT LEAST for 11 months after Kunos was sold to 505 (not counting 1.16.2 and 1.16.3, plus another update after ACC had been released).

Ahem..
how many months there are between january 2017 and december 2017?

If you don't want to lie, just tell that AC had an active development AT LEAST for 11 months after Kunos was sold to 505 (not counting 1.16.2 and 1.16.3, plus another update after ACC had been released).
@foyol when a company buys another one, the projects already in process keep going, Kunos had an agreement with Porsche, that cannot be cancelled. 505 Games bought Kunos to develop new games, ACC for instance, because AC was already a cash cow.
As soon as the previous commitments were done, they abandoned AC without fixing issues pending.
It's up to you to believe it or not. But I don't lie.

To be freakin honest with you guys, it's okay for a title, especially SIMs to be in "unfinished" state. I actually like it that way. The performance updates, graphics updates, features and possibly contents to come will eventually make the price worth more than anything else. I'm not gonna rant, but I just want to compare, say like F1 2018 and all previous installments, are basically abandonware now. Arguably AC1 is the same, but the community is still keeping it alive. Raceroom, RF2, and iRacing are technically still unfinished. ACC belongs to that category now.

Just for curiosity, without any sarcasm:

If the choices are
a) 0.15 with the current feature/fix level, but only the 0.7 tracks and cars
b) 1.0.6 as is

would you really prefer a) ?
I would definitely choose the VR-performance of the 0.7 build and didn't expect to loose it since 1.0. Seems it has nothing to do with the new content, because hot lapping 'old' content is now back to 40-45 fps instead of the 70-90 fps with 0.7.2.

The problem is the technology behind Steam i.e. the ability to deliver downloads to each and every customer without any problems in no time at all

I see what you did there... you're turning around cause and consequences. Steam and having updates delivered fast is a good thing. But the devvers use that good thing to work more sloppy than ever. Since there are no real financial consequences for a not totally functioning game. That used to be different when I was young (long long time ago).

And that's not a Kunos thing but in general. I think Kunos made a bad decision to choose the UE4 as engine since it doesn't support triple screens and don't understand why people are defending Kunos for that choice. I don't care don't have triples but for me it's not really something I can understand with a target audience that runs triples. I think that's just a big fail (besides the positive sides of the UE4 engine).

I also don't care if a game ain't entirely finished but that's mainly since I paid the early access price. But I do think they are connected enough to the people playing AC. AC is still really awesome because there is a lot of freedom and choice but also because for leagues running own skins etc adds something. And while ACC certainly ain't bad I don't think the involvement of the community will be ever as big as AC. Communities are worth a lot and I don't think it's smart to let down a lot of people by lack of nice VR support or triples.

If you look like SCS, from the Euro Truck thingie, I don't think they ever thought their game was still this populair. But it is that popular because some people made a mod and you have 4200 crazy truckers online while the game didn't even have an online option. But SCS 'likes' the audience better. Like a said, I don't care if the product ain't finished and I totally realize the old engine of AC wasn't going to cut it no more but since AC is still much more popular than ACC I think it's a bit simple to just abandon those people and expect them to just jump into ACC while there is so little content. I do like it but well, love nice pictures as well.

@foyol
As soon as the previous commitments were done, they abandoned AC without fixing issues pending.
(long post, sorry)

Again: not true.
AC got a fix for the kerb of death with one of the latest updates (going from memory here, I think it was 1.16.3). They did it in a less advanced way than in ACC. In that case it was sort of a smoothing to prevent the single-point tyre from giving unreasonable values. The fix in ACC is a "real" solution. The one in AC was more of a workaround, though it still works pretty well.
As for the attitude of kunos: to my knowledge, they delivered in the past every single bit of what they promised. And they gave more, like unannounced DLCs for free just to thank the users. Where I think they fall short is about User's Manuals, in depth info reachable in a single place, and the like. Often you have to browse hundred of forum pages to get an info you need. This isn't professional.
To be completely honest, though, we should take into consideration that they made AC in a very small group of people, and they made it pretty well, if it was able to compete with titles that had an uncomparably higher budget.

On ACC: in this case they had real problems to match the release date, which they missed. It happened because they found major flaws in the way some aspects of the sim had been thought and designed since the beginning. When they realized it, the choice they had was between indefinitely patching what they could patch, or start again with a rewrite of big chunks of code.
They choose to go for the rewrite, we may agree or not, but that has been their decision.
Ça va sans dire: this implied that they couldn't match release dates and that the "official" version 1.0 was far from finished.

Now, after the facts, an opinion: I think that, after the success of AC, they could have released and patched things, making users quite happy, and go away with that. The fact that they felt the need to take the difficult path, to me, means that they are much more committed to the quality of their work than some people think. Even at the cost of making many users unhappy for a while.
I don't know if I would have had the guts to do the same.

Last edited:
You can't blame the devs or publishers for Early Access releases, you need to blame Steam, they implemented EA to assist indi devs get there titles exposed and generate income via beta sales so the Indi Co's could continue development of said games.

It's not Kunos's fault or any dev for that matter, their just taking advantage of a system that Steam launched some years back.

Personally I think EA releases from major devs like Kunos, ISI, Raceroom are a prime example of dev's not having a true plan or direction as they rely on the community to help build the base product.

As a dev they should have a pretty good idea of what features are needed within the title to produce a quality release, this asking the community is just being slack on the Devs behalf. I mean it's not rocket science, and all you need do is look at GTR2 to get what a complete release should be, if the devs were capable of releasing a title that was even half as finished as GTR2 was on release we wouldn't have reason to complain, and lets remember GTR2 is now an Icon of simracing, even the GP series sims by Geoff Crammond were complete on release and there 20+ yrs old now.

It would seem to me that we have gone backwards in game dev, here we are in 2019 and devs can't produce a finished title at v1.0, yet they could in 1998.

And that's not a Kunos thing but in general. I think Kunos made a bad decision to choose the UE4 as engine since it doesn't support triple screens and don't understand why people are defending Kunos for that choice....

If you look like SCS, from the Euro Truck thingie, I don't think they ever thought their game was still this populair. But it is that popular because some people made a mod and you have 4200 crazy truckers online while the game didn't even have an online option. But SCS 'likes' the audience better. Like a said, I don't care if the product ain't finished and I totally realize the old engine of AC wasn't going to cut it no more but since AC is still much more popular than ACC I think it's a bit simple to just abandon those people and expect them to just jump into ACC while there is so little content. I do like it but well, love nice pictures as well.
There are probably more pretend truckers around than racers and my best guess is, they choosed UE4 for better cross-platform-development, since at least the PS4-version was selling well and PC is likely just half of the total revenue. But parallel cross-platform-development wasn't working well and people with consoles needed to wait many weeks even just for content updates.

Triplescreen-setups are likely declining every day since people are switching to VR and/or ultrawide-screens, so i understand that compromise to have better console-support for the future. With the PS5-release probably next year you get the performance of a decent gaming-PC for just a fraction of the price and better VR will come to consoles as well. So from a business-decision UE4 makes sense to me.

@ChikiWaki
@foyol when a company buys another one, the projects already in process keep going, Kunos had an agreement with Porsche, that cannot be cancelled. 505 Games bought Kunos to develop new games, ACC for instance, because AC was already a cash cow.

13 post to criticize an economic model while we are on Race Department for talking about a simulation and the pleasure it gives us.

Some financial strategy websites would be more likely to satisfy you.

• Deleted member 241736

... , second I love the discussion around KUNOS products and btw-> are we condemned for all eternity to race against the same car-liveries at Spa or Silverstone or in SP .... all the time :(

People like you who spread nonsense like this should get a permanent ban as you contribute exactly nothing and just spread negativity.

This is a studio that as a thank you to all that supported them gave away their final dlc for free that included a laser scanned Laguna Seca and a heap of awesome content.

The same team who when someone pointed out that there’s a ribbon on a branch of a tree at the cork screw that drivers look for, went and added that ribbon to the correct branch (or moved to the correct branch, forget now)

AC was release for EA at the end of 2013, you want to say they “abandoned” it 6 years later? This very small team gave us all laser scanned Nordschlife, a first in the sim world, was first to bring Porsche in to a simulation with a huge verity of cars, near enough standardised laser scanned tracks.

You are either I’ll informed or paid for whatever reason to spread negativity

Last edited:
You can't blame the devs or publishers for Early Access releases, you need to blame Steam, they implemented EA to assist indi devs get there titles exposed and generate income via beta sales so the Indi Co's could continue development of said games.
I wouldn't even blame the companies involved anymore. I've turned big time on the consumer, bunch of cry babies. Part of the problem as I see it is people have started regurgitating marketing mumbo jumbo as if it's a valid opinion.

People like you who spread nonsense like this should get a permanent ban as you contribute exactly nothing and just spread negativity.

This is a studio that as a thank you to all that supported them gave away their final dlc for free that included a laser scanned Laguna Seca and a heap of awesome content.

The same team who when someone pointed out that there’s a ribbon on a branch of a tree at the cork screw that drivers look for, went and added that ribbon to the correct branch (or moved to the correct branch, forget now)

AC was release for EA at the end of 2013, you want to say they “abandoned” it 6 years later? This very small team gave us all laser scanned Nordschlife, a first in the sim world, was first to bring Porsche in to a simulation with a huge verity of cars, near enough standardised laser scanned tracks.

This "very small team" is now part of a big studio, and is basically a hired gun to whatever the studio decides they should be doing. They are not "poor" or "small" anymore, and AC was dropped exactly one year after the buyout like he said.

He just said the truth, its you who seem to have some vested interest in defending a games studio for whatever, reason, even advocating for bans just because he denounces what game studios are doing these days.

I absolutely agree. AC has never been my number one sim but kunos has made an incredible job and raised the level of the sim racing genre on many aspects, including the way the sim has received many updates during many years.

About the 1.0 version of ACC, is it not that you could ask for refund until the 1.0 version? I'm not sure of that but I think you could do it. Which means ypu knew exactly what you would get with the 1.0 version. If I'm wrong, well, indeed the early access funders were right to be disappointed. But I think kunos has been making a great job on regularly updating the sim. Compared to raceroom or rfactor2, kunos is really quick on umproving their game.

About gtr2 always seen as an example, it received one or 2 updates after release and simbin has never fixed the non working dynamic weather, which was working in gtr1 and on... F1 challenge. A community executable has fixed the issue but it doesn't work on modern systems. So... does it means Gtr2 was a bad game abandonned after a few months by the greedy simbin???

The same team who when someone pointed out that there’s a ribbon on a branch of a tree at the cork screw that drivers look for, went and added that ribbon to the correct branch (or moved to the correct branch, forget
Thanks for posting about this. I didn't know about it.
Really nice touch. I was curious about it, so I looked it up. I leave the posts here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...l-networks-thread.35257/page-1010#post-946941
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...16-and-bonus-pack-3.48458/page-11#post-947623

Triplescreen-setups are likely declining every day since people are switching to VR and/or ultrawide-screens, so i understand that compromise to have better console-support for the future. With the PS5-release probably next year you get the performance of a decent gaming-PC for just a fraction of the price and better VR will come to consoles as well. So from a business-decision UE4 makes sense to me.

The choice of UE4 is really a practical one and not really a bad one since the devvers needed to learn a new engine and well UE4 ain't that complicated and has loads of documentation.

Your argument about ultrawide or VR makes not really sense though. There will be more people at VR but only if you can stand less image quality. But an ultrawide is completely different than a triple screen setup. Most people seem to forget with a triple screen the game actually renders three POV's so one for each monitor. With an ultra wide you will have just one POV and although you will see the mirrors the view to the sides is very distorted since it's just a one POV.

Must admit I only realized when I was looking for an ultrawide myself but you really can't compare those.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.