RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Hotfix Beta Released

Yes. Thanks. We get that. But it's the equivalent to saying "Enjoy the new update. All of your stuff has been deleted, so start over." Not a very good plan to say the least.
Sorry, I do not agree. Midrace savegame was included in a beta version, so what they did was just to delete savegames introduced in a beta version not compatible to another beta version.
I would understand your disappointment if that happened in the production branch of the game.

Sorry, I do not agree. Midrace savegame was included in a beta version, so what they did was just to delete savegames introduced in a beta version not compatible to another beta version.
I would understand your disappointment if that happened in the production branch of the game.
I like the game and what we have so far. Wish I didn't lose my game saves, but oh well. I like the way things are headed. Going from dry to wet during a race and having to pit and battle for traction is nicely simulated. Coming together. Thanks Kunos

Last edited:

EsxPaul

Premium
Is there no need to be using the beta branch now that the public 1.0.7 has been released, as in there will be no difference between them?

I fully get that as beta users one should not be surprised that there is a bit of rough and tumble, still, it was a kick in the crotch to lose the savegames only a couple of days after you got them.

Do i read this "The feature will require saving in the most recent game version to function currently." (source: changelog 1.07) correctly: from now on, everytime you save a game, it is lost once there is an update? Just asking.

It depends. Some updates may break compatibility on save game states, others won't. The best thing to do is finish your saved races before updating to new live versions.

I think I finally understand what is so special about this v1.07 upgrade, wet night racing is transformed. Try it for yourself in wet conditions and see. For me it's now fantastic, I can feel where the grip is on the track and confidence in that level of grip builds as the tyres get hot and the cars create a running line. The first couple of laps are tricky on the cold tyres (the 911 behind is all over me in the video) but once everything is up to temperature the new level of grip and feel from the tyres in the wheel makes pushing with confidence possible. There is enough detailed feedback even in the TX458 wheel to know what is going on and develop the confidence to push.

This was midnight, medium wet conditions, 29 AI cars plus me starting last to see how the AI race and behave. Brands Hatch in 650S, with Chris Harris at the wheel.
I was even able to save a big slide in Paddock at about 7m10s where normally I'd have been in the gravel.

Not many games make finishing 20th feel heroic but ACC does, it takes effort and planning to pass with the fastest AI set a bit faster than my usual pace.

On a dry track in the Huracan, I found the kerbs easier but the car tricky on the limit. Turned out that was just a one-off with that car and me, I find it spikey on the edge of grip with snap oversteer. The 650S is a handling gem by comparison. I can see I'm going to have to try each car out once again to see what has changed.

Coupled with the superb rock-solid 45fps and much improved graphics in Oculus VR this is by far the best night, wet racing experience yet. Everything is right, the feel of the car, the sounds, the way light illuminates the car in front, the reflections of the brake lights, the distorted vision through the rain and occasion clouds of spray. The kerbs can now be used with relative ease, though high kerbs still upset my player car more than they seem to impact the AI.

In terms of wet weather handling ACC is now the closest I've experienced to the real thing in these medium rain conditions. The car handling is once again genius as are the hotstints. If in time the career mode grows to be as innovative and detailed this will be a truly special game.

Jempy

Premium
Is there no need to be using the beta branch now that the public 1.0.7 has been released, as in there will be no difference between them?

No difference between the 1.0.7 preview 3 beta and the new live 1.0.7 as mentioned by Pankykapus at ACC forum:
"The update is now live, thank you very much for your feedback. The Public Beta and Live versions are now one and the same."

So .. if you keep the beta branch it will be useful for the next 1.0.8 beta versions which will surely follow in a surely near future.

Reactions: mms

EsxPaul

Premium
No difference between the 1.0.7 preview 3 beta and the new live 1.0.7 as mentioned by Pankykapus at ACC forum:
"The update is now live, thank you very much for your feedback. The Public Beta and Live versions are now one and the same."

So .. if you keep the beta branch it will be useful for the next 1.0.8 beta versions which will surely follow in a surely near future.

Great explanation. Thank you :)

stubs66

Premium
Without wishing to jump on the VR bashing bandwagon, i've been one of the quiet ones smugly content courtesy of an 2080Ti and i9. Having just returned to ACC after 4 weeks sabbatical, i downloaded the 1.0.7 update, (great!) and the latest Nvidia driver to find FPS have plummeted from a consistent 70+ to 45/50?

Last edited: