Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Hotfix Beta Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1. 7 Update - D.Jankovic.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new 'preview' hotfix build for their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation.

Moving the sim to version 1.0.7, the new build is available now under the 'beta' tab of the game within Steam, with the main public build release expected to drop in the next few days if no significant issues are detected by early adopters of the latest version.

Build 1.0.7 update notes:

GENERAL
:
  • CPU optimization on the game thread resulting in less CPU usage with AI.
  • Added all cars' locations to shared memory.
  • Added electronics channels to shared memory, in particular TC, TC Cut, ABS, fuel cons, engine map, exhaust temps, lights and wipers stages.
  • Added initial TrackIR plugin implementation.
    NOTE: a specific profile is required to be set up, please follow our forums for more information.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Mid-session saving is re-enabled.
  • Added ability to save multiple games and load then individually.
  • NOTE: Championship and Career can still only have a single saved instance.
  • Now save games correctly handle car damage.
  • NOTE: it will only work with new saved games.
  • Fixed a bug where restarting the engine was not possible in certain cameras.
  • Fixed a bug with championship status when starting a new championship with another season in progress.
  • Fixed wrong blue flag when only one car remains on the track.
  • Reworked driver stint logic in Endurance game modes.
  • Added driving time limit per driver in Endurance game modes.
  • Added driver stint requirements per different Endurance modes as per real-life regualtions.
  • Improved AI strategy in stint-based game modes.
AUDIO:
  • Disabled possibility to trigger the Helicam audio during intro sequence.
  • Stop&Go penalty engineer audio message.
CONTROLLERS:
  • Mouse steering overhaul.
  • Steering linearity added to controller settings.
  • Race commands will not longer be intercepted for UI commands other than the directional pad (up, down, left and right).
  • Fixed clutch limit bug when using maximum deadzone.
UI/HUD:
  • Added Save Game window in the main menu to load saved games.
  • Fixed chat window auto pop-in bug when receiving messages.
  • Electronics and pitstop MFD page made more compact.
  • HUD and car dash delta relinked to same source.
  • Adjusted button alignment in the Replay menu.
  • Fixed a bug where saving a setup with "/" in the file name would create a new folder.
  • Fixed a bug where controller input was lost on the leaderboard page of the career and championship.
  • Car previews now reliably load high-res textures in preview screens.
  • Small car previews now reliably load on the Special Event pages.
  • Added replay leaderboard and 'Toggle HUD' button in the replay HUD.
  • Removed redundant "Driver" button on Player page.
  • Updated UI background images and logos.
  • Championship end-page logic review.
  • Restyling of the championship and career pages.
  • Added option to scale race HUD widgets.
  • NOTE: in this implementation it allows the player to resize the elements of the race HUD overall.
  • Added "Continue" button for championship weather page.
  • Added Save Replay and Save Highlights as configurable controls (the saving will have a 1-minute cooldown before allowing it again).
  • Replay HUD now allows camera cycling during free camera.
  • Disabled ideal line during replay.
  • More reliable 'stop the engine' message during pitstops.
  • Improved lapped information for realtime leaderboard when the cars are on the same lap.
  • Improved filter for gap information in the realtime leaderboard.
  • Added driver stint and remaining driving time information in the pit strategy page of the MFD.
  • MFD now displays mandatory pit stop requirements in relevant game modes on the pit strategy page.
  • NOTE: it also displays whether the selected options meet the requirements and thus count towards a valid mandatory pit stop.
  • NOTE: maximum driving time is the key information to follow in endurance races
  • Added pit limiter popup display when entering the pit entry zone.
  • Added helicam and onboard cameras to the broadcasting app.
GRAPHICS:
  • LOD adjustments on various models.
  • Wheel rim material adjustments for various cars.
  • Update to Black Falcon team liveries.
  • Potential fix for the random open-close car door animations during gameplay.
  • Fix for brake lights of hidden cars visible when limited opponents visibility is used.
PHYSICS:
  • New 5 collision points tyre model. Tyres now "climb gradually" over kerbs, sausages, bumps both in lateral and longitudinal motion.
  • Completely eliminates the "rail kerb" effect. Greatly improved behaviour over all kind of kerbs, improved precision, improved bumps absorption.
  • Tyre model improvements to better handle high load peak situations and high rolling resistance peaks.
  • Tyre model now simulates lowering of profile while the tyre flexes. Ride heights will be lower during turns.
  • Tweaks to tyre model rolling resistance model. (Fixed and speed sensitive RR variations).
  • New Traction Control operation. TC now simulates a two step operation, acting on the engine ignition timing (lowering power) and if that is not enough, cutting ignition all together as before.
    This permits the TC to have a smoother operation at the start of a slide, permitting the driver to use the slide to turn the car without extreme vibrations or engine cut.
  • New Traction Control logic. TC now takes into account the yaw acceleration, simulating gyroscope sensors as the real cars.
  • As a result, even if the slide or slip of the tyres is not enough, a sudden yaw acceleration (a fast rotation of the car) will activate the TC to save the car from spinning. It also works intelligently so that it can check if the yaw rotation is under control by the driver, allow him to use the power at will.
  • Tweaks on the tyre pressure loss on rough surfaces (kerbs, off road etc).
  • Car collider tweaks for various models.
  • Fixed tyre core temps not properly saved and loaded.
  • Fixed incorrect tyre wear when restarting race after loading a saved game.
  • Tweaks to weather temperatures and sun phase.
  • Tweaks to water dissipation rates.
  • Fixed a setup bug with wet/dry setups on session changes.
  • Fixed bugs related to setup naming.
  • Fixed a bug with speed limiter status in neutral gear.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Automatic engines will start when the Pit Menu closes, so all engines should be on at the start of a formation lap.
  • Rejoining a server while disqualified is now detected in all situations, locking down the car in the pitlane (instead of doing so on the straight after the first lap).
  • Speed up to 50kph" message will not trigger when starting in the pitlane.
  • Pit menu selections now are more adaptive, also removing the "Setup" button as spectator.
  • Entering an empty server as spectator will now properly start with the pitlane camera.
  • Slightly increased the ping limit for CP servers.
  • Fixed long formation lap to not allow waiting in the first sector. Doing so will ignore the first lap.
  • Added server health diagonistics, usable in the UI for further client updates and as admin command.
  • Added UI element (next to the tyre app) indicating server health stats, and colorful warnings for overloaded servers.
  • Replaced "result" json outputs by a new structure containing more information like track, session data, all laps and all penalties
  • Json outputs now are also written when the session is advanced via /next command, or when the last player leaves and the server resets.
  • Fixed the "rain" and "ambient" conditions setting having little to no influence on the dynamic weather
  • Reduced the rate of weather changes for high randomness settings
  • Activated the entryList setting "defaultGridPosition", allowing to resume a race any time (any Q session will overwrite the positions, but P->R would not).
  • Added "dumpEntryList" flag, usable on non-public servers.
  • It will save all connected cars and drivers to a entrylist.json when a Q session is finished.
  • Added admin command "/manual entrylist" to save an entrylist of the currently connected cars and drivers (on a non-public server).
  • Fixed total race time having an offset in result jsons
  • Fixed playerIds not filled in the json results when defined by entry list.
  • Fixed car category not being configurable in every scenario (using the entry list).
  • Collisions during the race wait time won't affect the SA rating.
  • Removed randomization from "wrong tyre" warnings.
TrackIR is now implemented, and requires the following:
A basic TrackIR user profile that has all the relevant settings and some basic, neutral curves applied so you can have a good starting point with a functional profile (you can finetune the curves for different responses or use a different center key mapping, etc...) is included in the attachment of this post.

The profile needs to be copied into this folder: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

The profile needs to be selected via:

ACC Track IR.png

Opening image credit: D. Jankorvic

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

PS: Don't get too fixated on version numbers.
PPS: Maybe you are familiar with Da Vinci's famous quote: "Art is never finished, only abandoned." The same applies for software.

It might be an oldfashioned approach but anything 0.xxx is before full release and everything 1.xxx is past full release. That gaming companies try to convince you otherwhise doesn't make it the rule. 100 wrongs don't make it right.

Now I do appreciate this hotfix and I like where ACC is going (even when a full grid Spa 24h seems to be out of their reach - and thereby ours as well).

It might be an oldfashioned approach but anything 0.xxx is before full release and everything 1.xxx is past full release. That gaming companies try to convince you otherwhise doesn't make it the rule. 100 wrongs don't make it right.

No one has to convince me of anything, I'm a developer myself and I know how it goes. And in this case, 1.0 meant "leaving early access" not "we are finished".

...even when a full grid Spa 24h seems to be out of their reach - and thereby ours as well.

It's not out of their reach rather than out of reach of your computer (today's computers). Sorry.

Although I do agree that it would be great if we could always get everything finished and as promised, I don't think you are comparing comparable.

After leaving your car dealer, how many times will he call you back to tell you he has a new part for your car (for free) or wants to increase performance of the car's engine (for free) or completely replace the car's drive train because they developed something better in meantime?

And now count (for instance for AC as you mentioned it), how many NOT originally advertised features they added over the years to the game for free or how many times they improved already great physics model, etc...?

Did they have to? I don't think so. Developing software is difficult and lengthy process today, and I gladly accept not finished software earlier to be able to use it, knowing they will perfect it over time, rather than having "almost" finished product with all it's flaws and knowing the dev will never touch it again.

PS: Don't get too fixated on version numbers.
PPS: Maybe you are familiar with Da Vinci's famous quote: "Art is never finished, only abandoned." The same applies for software.

You got a point.
The possibility offered nowadays of updating software is marvellous, and Kunos has always done it, even as you said giving more than they should.
But also,it allows the developers to rush a product out into the market without checking its basic core functionality or stability, and then as the customers complain try to rushly fix it.
Here 505 Games and Kunos released a Customer released from beta releases because financial and contractual agremments force them, not because the game was ready for launch.
I've just checked that some features have been taken away in this release.
It is not fair to sell them and then take them away.
I might be pretty old, but I am from the generation we do as we say, nowadays it is more important the advertisement than the real facts.
About the lenght of the process of developing software, it is the same as before or less. For instances, we needed to wait two to three or even five years for an operating system new version to be released,, in the middle of course, they were updates, but the core functionality was there, stable.
Nowadays, every year is a new version, because marketing says so. It is just makeup and finance power until the 3 to 4 years they need for a real overhaul change.
You really got your point. I'm just saying that it is too easy to release a game, not fulfil the promises, work in progress for ever, and then boom, new game and same process.
Thank you for your comment

Last edited:
Oh boy I was waiting until now to jump into ACC, with 1.07 update, for me is the best feeling sim period.
love the graphics, physics ,love the sound, and must of all the FBB it's spot on with a Direct drive wheel!
still waiting VR optimization but for now I really enjoy it...now we need more people racing multiplayer :)
thanks Kunos

I pasted the beta code in Steam, it said that the beta is now available, but nothing download. I already had public_beta before pasting the code. I closed/opened Steam again but, still, nothing is downloaded. I am doing something wrong? The previous betas downloaded without problems.

Thanks to Simxperience to ignoring with ACC problem !Problem still exist and will never be solve if people owners of this wheels will not unite and complain about it!The problem is wheel spinning crazy when you pause and go to menu.The problem is with Sim commander effects : Road effect and front suspension bumps!The same issue with other titles like Dirt rally 2 and dirt 4.Regret that I got that wheel with this kind of after sales support.Kunos also don't want to communicate!

Thanks to Simxperience to ignoring with ACC problem !Problem still exist and will never be solve if people owners of this wheels will not unite and complain about it!The problem is wheel spinning crazy when you pause and go to menu.The problem is with Sim commander effects : Road effect and front suspension bumps!The same issue with other titles like Dirt rally 2 and dirt 4.Regret that I got that wheel with this kind of after sales support.Kunos also don't want to communicate!

Is that really a Kunos issue to resolve?

Hello @Paul Glover :)
Yes, indeed is a step forward, but you should take into account that the are selling the game as a FINAL release.
It is unacceptable to lie to customers, telling them it is a finished product (with in theory minor fixes), when they are really using the paid customers as beta testers and the money charged to them as financing other titles or distributing benefits to parent company.
A finish product should have all the features declared (at the ininial pitch, actually they have been taking away feautures previously announced and others obviously never implemented in the final release) working properly.
The phylosophy of selling a game without the proper knowledge to produce it at a final release level standard, and/or using the time, efforts, and resources from paid customers to develop a game is not and should be not acceptable under any circumstances. Beta releases are there for a reason, no FINAL releases.
In other words, You buy a Merc, you pay the price, you start driving it and then suddenly there is no ABS, you ask the manufacturer for an explanation and they tell you that it is not implemented yet because it is difficult and they need to learn how, you wait and keep driving the car, suddenly you have a huge accident because the central management unit crashed an blocked the engine when you were driving on an highway. You tell the manufacturer what the hell, and they answer they have not implemented yet because it is too dificult and need to learn how to do it. After a long period of waiting you receive the car back from the garage and notice the tachometer is missing, you demand an explanation and they tell you that now they believe it is not necesary anymore. You will be fuming because you paid for a product as a whole as promised. In this scenario you will sue the company for selling you an unfinished harmful product. A con, in layman terms.
Kunos has done it in the past, AC (which I love and believe it is an amazing SIM) never was finished. Tyre temperature inconsistancies with setups, track conditions, and driving style, inconsistencies among car features (brake temp, lights, possibility or not to engage neutral downshifting, etc), cars never fixed (Miura's drivetrain, M325i visually changing gears manually, Skyline's speedometer, 155 V6 and many others having braking problems, which they temporarily fixed by the power brake option, but never fix it properly), keyboard and controller cannot be use in racing UI, D-pad keys cannot be assigned, racer name tags are disable in VR (which they promised to fix it), and on and on. It has been more tha 4 years and a half since its release and we are still waiting for a fix.
Thanks to MODers and CM, AC is alive and kicking ass. No thanks to 505 Games and Kunos who were the ones making money out of it.
They abandon AC as it was, just to create ACC, and I am afraid they will do the same with ACC, it will be a never finished product.
The tendency of the market is to release games as fast as possible, charge for beta releases, have the customers spend their time and resources to develope the game up to a substandard point where they are financially forced to sell it as official release, and start the process again with another title.
If we, as gamers-customers, allow this, soon we will expend more time working for the developers and they making more money out of out effort. SIM racing will not be enjoyable, will be an unpaid paying job.
play dirt it costs u 80€ and its also not finished so better early access for 25 than 80 for than same not finished thing , so its modern time with facebook kiddies and guys who buy every year fifa for 70 € for ps or any other console only for the change the CR7 has a new haircut or apple crap for nothing every year^^

And in this case, 1.0 meant "leaving early access" not "we are finished".
It didn't really mean "leaving early access", though, as evidenced by the many updates released since, including this one. It is still in every way an early access product, with originally announced features still being added and fundamental changes to the game being done. It just isn't advertised as one anymore, and sells for the full price.

I allready add a ticket about that! but it's not kunos fault they dont test every wheel , they tweaks FFB
Simexperience dont care !!!bad service! I wont buy any product from them anymore
we still need to complaint !!, we might have a chance to get a fix, but until then we need to had the spring effect to 1% it help a bit but it's not like when driving

You can still use the pure game FFB i guess and those effects are only available for Accuforce users anyway, so no other wheel can deliver them and your choice to use them;). Since ACC has mouse-support and i don't have to use the buttons on the wheel anymore, i just let the wheel go full lock and it doesn't bother me much. Since it's a motion-effect i heard others have the same issue with their motion-software and this sounds more annoying. Using a GS-5 i can tell it's not happening with it, since the seat has an automatic function that turns off the seat and SimVibe. Would be nice if SimXperience does the same with the Foundation-effects, but it's not a game-braker for me. To run a WMR-headset with ACC is more challenging i can tell:mad:
PS: Lower the degrees of rotation for the titles since 450° is the best with Dirt-games and probably no GT3-car is using anything above i guess.

Last edited:
It didn't really mean "leaving early access", though, as evidenced by the many updates released since, including this one. It is still in every way an early access product, with originally announced features still being added and fundamental changes to the game being done. It just isn't advertised as one anymore, and sells for the full price.
As I have said, 1.0 meant leaving EA - that's exactly what it is. Now the game is being further improved. The game is already perfectly playable (not flawless by any means). If you think it should be still in early access, fair enough, but would that really change anything?

Just out of curiosity what advertised features are still missing? I just went to Steam page to see what they advertise and I didn't catch anything major. As I have stated several times, I have to admit, my biggest disappointment is the current pseudo career, but I can't see there anything particular what I could consider a false promise. I just wished it would be something different, better, more sensible and deeper.

Also, I'm not talking here in general, but particularly about Kunos, because they still have my trust they will deliver. In general I'm not happy how the games are advertised/sold/supported these days.

And I will repeat, I gladly enjoy the game in its current state now, being gradually improved, rather than wait another 3 years being hyped with nice pictures and couldn't experience it myself. In this case, absolutely.

If you think it should be still in early access, fair enough, but would that really change anything?
What I do or do not think is largely irrelevant. The point is the game is still absolutely treated like an early access title, that's what matters here. The 1.0 release was simply to get it out of the door for a full price, but everything went on as if the final release never really happened - obviously, because the game was released in a state that absolutely required further development. Yes, that is quickly becoming the norm nowadays, especially with sims it seems, and people are more and more willing to ignore it, because they are grateful the devs don't abandon their games on release and the developers "have their trust" because they already did the same thing (as in work for a long time on an endlessly unfinished product) before (because that's apparently how you get your customer's trust somehow nowadays), but that still doesn't make it right.

(And this obviously doesn't only relate to ACC only. For another case of such "endless early access title", look at rF2 or Raceroom, though I would be willing to cut Raceroom more slack in this regard since its business model is a lot different and there basically is no "final product with a full price", just something that is essentially a free client app to access the content, and that app is continuously being updated.)

Just out of curiosity what advertised features are still missing? I just went to Steam page to see what they advertise and I didn't catch anything major.
Well, for one, isn't VR in a pretty bad state still, to the point where it was even completely removed from the list of features? So if you look at Steam to what they currently advertise, you won't find it there. But I was talking about stuff that was originally talked about and took several maintenance releases after final release to materialize. I mean even the multiplayer was in a pretty bad shape after "final" release and bordering on unusable for many. Yet the game was still released with the promise that it will be sorted out "soon".

Again, I am fully aware that things like these are considered "normal" nowadays, but they certainly shouldn't be considered right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back