Assetto Corsa Competizione | The Mercedes AMG GT4 Trailer: Release Date Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A short break of a few days, then boom - trailer #4 for the upcoming GT4 DLC is here - featuring the Mercedes AMG.
  • Release date confirmed - July 15th 2020.
  • Mercedes AMG joins 11 car pack
  • New teaser trailer revealed
German engineering in a smaller package than GT3 fans are used to, the Mercedes AMG GT4 is a beautiful looking race car, and will form part of the upcoming GT4 DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione when it releases for the simulation this July 15th via the Steam platform.

BMW M4 GT4 Trailer: Click Here
KTM X-Bow GT4 Trailer; Click Here
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Trailer: Click Here

As well as the beautiful new teaser trailer from Kunos, we know know the new pack will be hitting the Steam Store on July 15th - so not long to wait until you can try these beasts out for yourself.

Update #1

AudiR8 trailer:

Oh, and we've got something very interesting lined up in a few days time, so stay tuned to the RD Social Media channels later today to find out what it is, and how you can view ;)

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC AMG Merc 2.png
ACC AMG Merc 1.png

Last edited:
The AI is not capable at the moment to deal with multiclass racing. Blue flags only work to an extent and reading between the lines, I don't get the sense they're interested in investing time to see if they can make it happen. It would've been nice but it is what it is.

GT4 release will be based on the European GT4 Series and in their communications they're calling the tracks the "British Pack", which doesn't necessarily mean they'll release the full licensed British GT championship.
One of the devs said not long ago the tracks are just a track pack.
I think that's true only to an extend. While it still has issues the AI in ACC is already much, much better at overtaking even slower cars (like the Gallardo, Cup or Super Trofeo, or a slowing player) than it ever was in AC - where it was never an issue to just let you race whatever you want, no matter what the AI can handle or not.

Now, if it is for licensing reasons, fine. Except... we're getting a British GT DLC that absolutely features both classes. Yes, we're not getting the series (which is a missed opportunity in itself) but at least you'd expect to be able to replicate the races...? If not what's the point? Hope they've changed their mind by then because I'm not really keen to buy a DLC just to hotlap on the tracks. I hate playing second class to online racers.

I think that's true only to an extend. While it still has issues the AI in ACC is already much, much better at overtaking even slower cars (like the Gallardo, Cup or Super Trofeo, or a slowing player) than it ever was in AC - where it was never an issue to just let you race whatever you want, no matter what the AI can handle or not.

Yes, they are much better at overtaking but the reason is because the car being shown the blue flag just gets out of the racing line and slows down to give way. That is absolutely fine by me atm when you want to get cars out of the way quickly but that approach won't work if you're racing in the slower class and suddenly all the AI GT4's just move out of the way to let the GT3's through.
They won't allow it if they realize they can't make it work and just lead to frustration and complaints.

Hope they've changed their mind by then because I'm not really keen to buy a DLC just to hotlap on the tracks. I hate playing second class to online racers.

Don't shoot the messenger. I also hope they would make it work but judging by their comments it seems unlikely.
Is it the end of the world? Not imo. GT3's and GT4's will still be completely raceable on their own.

What is wrong with AI?

Apart from the fact that AI cars are essentially unable to overtake each other... (you could stop the race after the qualifying)
that the aggression slide is uselless,
that AI skills were completelly lost after some patch (no difference at all between AM or PRO drivers)... that AI's turn into "Senna mode" under rain....
that AI's are incapable of defending a position...

Apart from that, they are great :rolleyes:

• Deleted member 197115

I would disagree that it's completely useless, this tip on aggression settings from Stefano helped me a lot, but I am the easy one to please.

Who cares if there are more or less overtakes among them?

I care about AI against my car, in that sense AI in ACC is (along with RF2 with official content) the best by far.

Yesterday I played several times offline in Zolder, 30 minute races, with different cars.

Each race was special, there were always changes in the pace of each car, the results were never repeated, sometimes there were many differences between each one, sometimes less.

Of course if you chose Honda you had to lower the AI difficulty a little to be more competitive.

In summary ACC has a spectacular feeling of a serious simulator, particularly the AI is a masterpiece.

There are other less serious arcade options and games where they continually hit each other from behind, rammed off continually, take you off the track, absolutely break the whole car, I don't like them but for others it's ok.

Yes, they are much better at overtaking but the reason is because the car being shown the blue flag just gets out of the racing line and slows down to give way. That is absolutely fine by me atm when you want to get cars out of the way quickly but that approach won't work if you're racing in the slower class and suddenly all the AI GT4's just move out of the way to let the GT3's through.
They won't allow it if they realize they can't make it work and just lead to frustration and complaints.
Right, but that's a separate issue from AI overtaking difficulties that is in need of tuning for GT3 backmarkers anyway. I really don't see why it would prevent the implementation of multi-class racing when AC had 'any-class' racing and devs didn't seem to care that it had issues. And it was fine. Better than not being able to do it at all.

Don't shoot the messenger. I also hope they would make it work but judging by their comments it seems unlikely.
Is it the end of the world? Not imo. GT3's and GT4's will still be completely raceable on their own.
Not shooting anyone. Of course it's not the end of the world - I'm going to buy the DLC for the content anyway. It's just so odd. The sim offers such a great basis. You have a great GT3 sim. You add a GT4 class and championship to it. You add British GT tracks to it. And then you don't allow multiclass racing (unless you happen to do league online racing or make your own server) even though the real championship has it? It makes no sense to me and it saddens me that such potential is left out.

Same with the barebones campaign/custom championship. So little would have to be done to make it just a little more bearable and closer to the real thing. Doesn't need fancy videos and animations, it needs gameplay value. But no, banking on online play that also has to deal with its own issues.

Who cares if there are more or less overtakes among them?

I care about AI against my car, in that sense AI in ACC is (along with RF2 with official content) the best by far.

Yesterday I played several times offline in Zolder, 30 minute races, with different cars.

Each race was special, there were always changes in the pace of each car, the results were never repeated, sometimes there were many differences between each one, sometimes less.

Of course if you chose Honda you had to lower the AI difficulty a little to be more competitive.

In summary ACC has a spectacular feeling of a serious simulator, particularly the AI is a masterpiece.

There are other less serious arcade options and games where they continually hit each other from behind, rammed off continually, take you off the track, absolutely break the whole car, I don't like them but for others it's ok.

I don't understand all the Honda hate. It's highly underrated. It also gives me the best lap time around Bathurst by far, compared to all the other cars.

Apart from the fact that AI cars are essentially unable to overtake each other... (you could stop the race after the qualifying)
that the aggression slide is uselless,
that AI skills were completelly lost after some patch (no difference at all between AM or PRO drivers)... that AI's turn into "Senna mode" under rain....
that AI's are incapable of defending a position...

Apart from that, they are great :rolleyes:
That really rubs me the wrong way. You can qualify with a pole position 1.5 seconds faster than any IA and then it comes the race and while on dry they have the same pace as in qualy, so you drive qualy laps all race long to stay with them, then it starts to rain and you barely keep with them, the rain intensifies and then the slowest IA is 1 second faster than you, and the lead IA is about 2 or sometimes 3 seconds faster.

Also frustrating that they never make mistakes, crashes, not a single out of track excursion.
And in one track the IA can be 1.5 seconds slower than you but in other track the IA is faster than you meanwhile you are lapping qualy laps about same as fast as the real life events.

Also those IA take way too much CPU power because every IA has to run the same physics as the player + an algorithm able to drive the cars, the result of that is low FPS and bad frame times. The IA needs a deep rethink that is not very probable to happen that late into the game development.

The Honda thing is not hate, on the contrary, I love that car, simply in the BOP suffer less speed.

Yeah, maybe it's better for certain tracks.
I've been running hotlap comparisons with all the cars on Bathurst (as I wanted to compare ACC to AMS2 Bathurst) and the Honda gives me an edge there for some reason - even over the 488.
Still trying to analyse why, though it seemed to handle the downhill cornering better.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Also those IA take way too much CPU power because every IA has to run the same physics as the player + an algorithm able to drive the cars, the result of that is low FPS and bad frame times. The IA needs a deep rethink that is not very probable to happen that late into the game development.
That is not entirely accurate. Yes, they run the same physics as player, but it's multithreaded on separate from rendering pipeline threads. The reason you have FPS impact with more opponents is because of their rendering, not physics.

Not true, it's been racing this year all over. Mercedes entered 3 to this year's Bathurst 12 hour and the best placed one finished in second. Riley motorsports has also been racing 1 in IMSA and several teams are racing them in the NLS (VLN) where one of them would've won if it wasn't for a penalty. Also it has been racing in the Creventic 24 hour series.

He wasn't saying they haven't raced, he's talking in context of the licenced product. As far as ACC and SRO are concerned, the AMG only raced one race at the end of last year. AMG only did this so they could run it in official practice sessions in order to aid their BoP tests so that the car would be eligible for the 2020 Bathurst 12hr. Had they not done that, the EVO would not have been eligible to run this year.

So unless the licence is extended into 2020, They won't add it in.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.