Assetto Corsa Competizione | The Mercedes AMG GT4 Trailer: Release Date Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A short break of a few days, then boom - trailer #4 for the upcoming GT4 DLC is here - featuring the Mercedes AMG.
  • Release date confirmed - July 15th 2020.
  • Mercedes AMG joins 11 car pack
  • New teaser trailer revealed
German engineering in a smaller package than GT3 fans are used to, the Mercedes AMG GT4 is a beautiful looking race car, and will form part of the upcoming GT4 DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione when it releases for the simulation this July 15th via the Steam platform.

BMW M4 GT4 Trailer: Click Here
KTM X-Bow GT4 Trailer; Click Here
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Trailer: Click Here

As well as the beautiful new teaser trailer from Kunos, we know know the new pack will be hitting the Steam Store on July 15th - so not long to wait until you can try these beasts out for yourself.

Update #1

AudiR8 trailer:

Oh, and we've got something very interesting lined up in a few days time, so stay tuned to the RD Social Media channels later today to find out what it is, and how you can view ;)

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC AMG Merc 2.png
ACC AMG Merc 1.png

Last edited:
Why do offline racers continually get shafted on racing options from Kunos? They pulled similar stuff with AC when they released timed races for multiplayer, but never did for offline races.

My enthusiasm for this DLC has dropped considerably now.

Why do offline racers continually get shafted on racing options from Kunos? They pulled similar stuff with AC when they released timed races for multiplayer, but never did for offline races.

I hear what you are saying, but then you had the wrong assumptions for the DLC.
Other content than the GT4 car pack and the British track pack was never announced.

GT4 pack = just car models & liveries for these cars
British Pack = just tracks (so far nothing else announced)

I would think that the championship SP mode will also work with GT4s (but no multiclass).
It did with IGTC content. We will see.

I hear what you are saying, but then you had the wrong assumptions for the DLC.
Other content than the GT4 car pack and the British track pack was never announced.

GT4 pack = just car models & liveries for these cars
British Pack = just tracks (so far nothing else announced)

I would think that the championship SP mode will also work with GT4s (but no multiclass).
It did with IGTC content. We will see.

I think you're making assumptions about my post without simply reading what I wrote. I made no mention of the British DLC because it has literally zero involvement in my frustration.

My frustration is MP gets multiclass racing in ACC and SP does not. The British track pack has nothing to do with this situation. It is a another example of Kunos providing options for MP and not offering those options for SP. Like I said, they pulled a stunt like this with AC too, providing timed races for MP while never bringing the option to SP.

As good as Kunos are at developing an immersive driving experience, they flat out suck at developing an immersive offline experience.

Last edited:
Some people always want more than it's offered and announced and they get frustrated/annoyed/angry when they don't get it. Totally their own fault.

Devs have been always clear on what the DLCs will have and still some people get even offended! when it doesn't meet what they wrongly expected. I don't get it.

We are going to get 11 high quality cars for a probably ridiculously low price, we should all be happy for this. For my part I can't wait to try them all and also can't wait for the thrill of multiclass racing online! Bring it on!

@Tar Heel No idea why you get offended by me just pointing out the obvious. Chill, man.
I understand you get frustrated because Kunos is not catering the needs of SP players and I'm with you on that.

You said:
...and hence my answer. My remark regarding Brith pack means, that there is no SP upgrade announced, just these two DLCs.

Not true, it's been racing this year all over. Mercedes entered 3 to this year's Bathurst 12 hour and the best placed one finished in second. Riley motorsports has also been racing 1 in IMSA and several teams are racing them in the NLS (VLN) where one of them would've won if it wasn't for a penalty. Also it has been racing in the Creventic 24 hour series.

I'm not saying it hasn't raced at all, but not in a series that ACC currently depicts. Hence I said it would have to come to ACC in a new future DLC of a series it does run in! Remember ACC is based on the 2018/19 SRO Sanctioned Blancpain Series :thumbsup:

I think you're making assumptions about my post without simply reading what I wrote. I made no mention of the British DLC because it has literally zero involvement in my frustration.

My frustration is MP gets multiclass racing in ACC and SP does not. The British track pack has nothing to do with this situation. It is a another example of Kunos providing options for MP and not offering those options for SP. Like I said, they pulled a stunt like this with AC too, providing timed races for MP while never bringing the option to SP.

As good as Kunos are at developing an immersive driving experience, they flat out suck at developing an immersive offline experience.

They aren't "providing" it for MP, Multiclass just works for MP, propably without an extra effort, which would be required for the Multiclas in Singleplay.

Last edited:
What's wrong with VR? It all depends on UnrealEngine4, isn't it?
(still waiting for HP Reverb G2 + RTX3080)
Whats wrong are peoples expectations.

On my nice but not groundbreaking system (RTX2070+Ryzen 2600), my VR experience is totally reasonable; its more than good enough for me literally to want to race with it exclusively, because I find it a far better experience than a single screen.

I compete in league races in VR very happily. I use the built-in VR GFX presets; settling for the "VR High" one the majority of the time, sometimes bumping it up to "VR Ultra" if I'm on my own and not aiming to be competitive, and similarly I might drop it to "VR Low" if we happen to have a worst case scenario (rain+night+huge grids).

If it was nearly as "broken" as many make it out to be, I wouldn't want nor be able to do what I just described above.

Some people always want more than it's offered and announced and they get frustrated/annoyed/angry when they don't get it. Totally their own fault.
It's always better to say what you want, if not you will be guided through your own life - sometimes in the wrong direction. And also: Nobody is frustrated/annoyed or angry

@Tar Heel No idea why you get offended by me just pointing out the obvious. Chill, man.
I understand you get frustrated because Kunos is not catering the needs of SP players and I'm with you on that.

You said:

...and hence my answer. My remark regarding Brith pack means, that there is no SP upgrade announced, just these two DLCs.

Kunos have stated the British DLC is purely a track pack and won't bring multiclass to SP.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%