Assetto Corsa Competizione | Something Cooking at Kunos Simulazioni

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have revealed a rather cryptic image on social media recently - suggesting something interesting may be announced this December 16th...

... or it could genuinely be a question about colours and days of the month - who knows?!?

The sim racing community have always been a little bit interested in news related to Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with an upcoming Intercontinental GT Challenge DLC in development and receiving some sneak preview love these last couple of weeks, the ever present chatter from the community about in-game livery editors, and plenty of stuff I'm sure we don't even know about yet, could this be something to do with the December 16th teaser?

Not long left to find out...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

Last edited:
What happened that we are now happy with a livery editor. For the last 20 years we have had complete freedom to add liveries, cars, tracks and other kind of brilliant stuff that sprung from the mind of very creative people.

Here we are fast-forwarded to 2019: happy with a color picker. I honestly don't get it why this is considered great news. In my personal opinion it's a massive limitation of ACC that you can't add your own custom designs. Makes it, similar as for R3E, very hard to use for widespread esports.

What happened that we are now happy with a livery editor. For the last 20 years we have had complete freedom to add liveries, cars, tracks and other kind of brilliant stuff that sprung from the mind of very creative people.

Here we are fast-forwarded to 2019: happy with a color picker. I don't get it why this is good news. In my personal opinion it's a massive limitation of ACC that you can't add your own custom liveries. Makes it, similar as R3E, very hard to use for widespread esports.
Maybe because with livery editor it is easier to create something yourself without being a talented artist or without a need of knowing how to create your own skin textures? For some people good news for others not necessarily. Better than nothing, either way.

Maybe because with livery editor it is easier to create something yourself without being a talented artist or without a need of knowing how to create your own skin textures? For some people good news for others not necessarily. Better than nothing, either way.
Sure, add it as an EXTRA feature. But the fact that custom liveries are not allowed is a massive limitation of ACC.

I mean I can't photoshop myself but it takes me less than a few minutes to contact a talented skincreator and have a kick ass custom livery designed. The joy of having access to an amazing community.

Nothing wrong with a livery editor to quickly make some color changes but it doesn't have to substitute the freedom we had before.

...I mean I can't photoshop myself but it takes me less than a few minutes to contact a talented skincreator and have a kick ass custom livery designed. The joy of having access to an amazing community....
Of course, everyone wants to create a custom livery for Bram himself. :D

Anyway, being able to create something yourself (even with help of a livery editor) is not exactly the same thing and accomplishment as asking someone to do it for you.

ACC has a long list of features that will be added and who knows if in the end they don't allow us creating custom skins, afterall. For now, there will be an editor at least.

I've to agree here. :thumbsup:

But the fact that custom liveries are not allowed is a massive limitation of ACC.
To be honest. I wouldn't classify this feature that high. It's just an EXTRA feature but nothing fundamental. :geek:
And it's already possible:

How:

I mean I can't photoshop myself but it takes me less than a few minutes to contact a talented skincreator and have a kick ass custom livery designed. The joy of having access to an amazing community.
It takes YOU less than a few minutes to contact a talented skincreator but it means hours of work for the livery creator ;)

If it is a livery editor, great for the people who like to do that. I personally don't understand the need to customize a car that I am driving because I don't see the colors in the cockpit anyway. But some people like that, if they are giving that option., good deal. What always slays me is people saying " well they need to fix this and that first, they need to give me the ability to drive a GT3 car on tracks that don't have Blancpain races, when are they going to finish it, why do I have to pay for more content"

Gaming is cheap. I don't care if you go whole hog, like I did and buy each one of the "sims", it's a very cheap hobby from the software point of view. If there is something you don't like about one, play another one for what you are looking for. There will never be a complete sim.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back