Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshots Reveal!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Screenshots 1.jpg ACC Screenshots 2.jpg ACC Screenshots 3.jpg ACC Screenshots 4.jpg ACC Screenshots 5.jpg ACC Screenshots 6.jpg
Sorry I'm late to the party, but everyone enjoys new Assetto Corsa Competizione screenshots regardless - don't they?

It would be fair to say that a large majority of the good sim racing folk here at RD are pretty excited about the potential for Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with an expected Steam Early Access release date tentatively ventured by the developers for this summer, I suppose we don't really have that long to wait until we can find out what all the fun and games are about for ourselves... well outside of England anyway, as we don't really get much in the way of a summer here..

Anyway, now that the real world Blancpain series has kicked off, with Brands Hatch this coming weekend, Kunos have made a call to release a whole bunch of exciting new WIP screenshots from the upcoming title recently, which can be seen within this article and in the comments section below. Looking good? I sure think so...

Oh PS - part 2 of the exclusive ACC interview at the head of this article can be found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Enjoying the new image reveal? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Having played Fortnite a lot recently, I can tell that this game is using Unreal Engine just by looking at the screenshots.

This literally looks nothing like Fortnite...

It looks very nice from outside view, but cockpit is the same of AC1 version, I'd expecting some more "realistic" according with new graphic engine,

AC already had the best cockpits by a country mile, so Im not sure what they could do to make them look even better. Hopefully not what Triple A game devs do by making everything shiny and slapping a bunch of bloom everywhere :p

9672A0A3BF37868421C0F73691CBB6CCD01C8B66

perfection :inlove:

Some destructible environments would be a nice touch for immersion.

With the inevitable crashes that will occur, having some deformation, tire barriers falling apart, or armco folding would be nice since these elements in the real world arent solid immovable objects that stop you cold.

Dont see that happening though, but maybe someday we will get there.

This literally looks nothing like Fortnite...

AC already had the best cockpits by a country mile, so Im not sure what they could do to make them look even better. Hopefully not what Triple A game devs do by making everything shiny and slapping a bunch of bloom everywhere :p

Some destructible environments would be a nice touch for immersion.

With the inevitable crashes that will occur, having some deformation, tire barriers falling apart, or armco folding would be nice since these elements in the real world arent solid immovable objects that stop you cold.

Dont see that happening though, but maybe someday we will get there.
I'm not saying it replicates the cartoony quality, but the shaders and general effects are most likened to Fortnite, rather than any other game I've played, because they use the same engine.

AC is overall my favorite sim but I don't really get the hype behind this title. I get that the graphics will be better but it's based on a one race series. Maybe I'm missing something but racing GT3 type cars is common place in every title. I"m sure I'll pick it up but it will probably be on PS4 for those times when i want to race the AI.

Looking good! The helmet in helmet view should be blurry in final. Put your hand over your nose and look. You cant even focus on it because its so close. Its always slightly blurry and will also create a little more 3D feel.

AC is overall my favorite sim but I don't really get the hype behind this title. I get that the graphics will be better but it's based on a one race series. Maybe I'm missing something but racing GT3 type cars is common place in every title. I"m sure I'll pick it up but it will probably be on PS4 for those times when i want to race the AI.
And I will never get why people feel like they need to post something this. What "hype"? Are people not allowed to have individual tastes and look forward to something that leaves you cold?

Someone might just like AC and want a new game from Kunos. Or perhaps they like GT3 race cars and wants a new game that focuses more on that. Or maybe it's endurance racing that someone would like to see more in focus of a future game. Or someone's favourite series is Blancpain GT and they like to see a game about it? What if someone wants a racing sim that solely focuses on one series again? And ultimately what's wrong with more racing games?

• Deleted member 503495

Environment looks menacing at low light but cars have a brightness or unadjusted gamma to them that doesn't fit. Yet.

I'm hoping there are different categories like the series has (Pro, Pro/Am, Am, etc.) and that the A.I. reflect that class so if I choose the most difficult setting for A.I. I'll be in the Pro class or less difficult, the Pro/Am or Am class. I'm also hoping I have an A.I co-driver(s). If I do, could they please allow me optional cameras, not just in-car and a good amount of strategy options. You know, not asking for much.

• Deleted member 241736

Hello Paul nice to hear you again, thought RD stick anywhere nowhere with all the F1 screenshots everyday ...
As ''GPL" said cars doesn't fit to the track when it comes to light adjustments and shadows. Racing games looking best in clear and sunny weather also PC2 has graphical problems in grubby weather conditions. Looking forward KUNOS and his team will be the first solving that overall issue ....

3350291-d980a0d8a0609cedf692d619f3695576.jpg

vs
acc-screenshots-11-jpg.249414

I dont see how anyone can come to this conclusion, obvious stylistic difference aside.

If anything... it looks like AC(1) but with night and rain.
first shot isnt even from gameplay and its heavy edited
What Jimbo meant is that he simply can recognize its engine just by looking at screenshots and since it carries this ue4 look™, it's quite obvious it has some common stuff with other games that uses the engine (you can tell 99% ue4 games on the fly without even thinking)

I kind of dig the wet track surface but that's all. The rest has nothing we haven't seen before! The cars dont fit on the surroundings and my god... Gt cars r such a boredom!
Anyways let's hope the screenshots are gameplay representation at least.

I kind of dig the wet track surface but that's all. The rest has nothing we haven't seen before! The cars dont fit on the surroundings and my god... Gt cars r such a boredom!
Anyways let's hope the screenshots are gameplay representation at least.

So all the cars from Blancpain GT series with official manufacturer and BoP data, proper implementation of rain, night, endurance races, driver swaps, improved AC physics, all the circuits from the series laserscanned, focus on online gameplay with skill and safety rankings, and all you can see is "wet track surface"? And also, I can guarantee you that when you're driving on the limit and fighting for position, GT cars are as exciting as any car.
Perhaps you're used to PCars or something, but all the screenshots from Kunos are actual gameplay images.

But hey, if you're so underwhelmed, the best thing is that you're not forced to buy it.

acc-screenshots-7-jpg.249422

In this one, the cars somehow "pop out" a bit too much imo. Very bright, saturated. Not blending into the crappy weather. The daytime/sunlit (and night ones) screens look amazing and most of the others too. But in some of these overcast/grayish screenshots, the cars pop out. But they are WIP screens.

Overall amazing graphics, I don't think "Something we've seen before" what sim has as good physics as AC, and looks like this? None, absolutely none.

Actually, can't be sure before videos, but think this will beat pCars 2 in looks. And obviously in physics, AI and FFB, AC1 already did.

some sort of water particles and splashes sure would help here, would provide good transition between wet surface and track
while first 3 cars look ok, rest is bright and stand out, probably lack of reflection is at fault here (due to distance?)

some sort of water particles and splashes sure would help here, would provide good transition between wet surface and track
while first 3 cars look ok, rest is bright and stand out, probably lack of reflection is at fault here (due to distance?)
Someone from Kunos staff said on their forums, that some screenshots are missing the dirt textures on cars, that comes from driving in wet conditions. He said they have that already in the game, but it was missing for some reason. Maybe in part why it looks odd.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 8.2%