Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshots Reveal!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Screenshots 1.jpg ACC Screenshots 2.jpg ACC Screenshots 3.jpg ACC Screenshots 4.jpg ACC Screenshots 5.jpg ACC Screenshots 6.jpg
Sorry I'm late to the party, but everyone enjoys new Assetto Corsa Competizione screenshots regardless - don't they?

It would be fair to say that a large majority of the good sim racing folk here at RD are pretty excited about the potential for Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with an expected Steam Early Access release date tentatively ventured by the developers for this summer, I suppose we don't really have that long to wait until we can find out what all the fun and games are about for ourselves... well outside of England anyway, as we don't really get much in the way of a summer here..

Anyway, now that the real world Blancpain series has kicked off, with Brands Hatch this coming weekend, Kunos have made a call to release a whole bunch of exciting new WIP screenshots from the upcoming title recently, which can be seen within this article and in the comments section below. Looking good? I sure think so...

Oh PS - part 2 of the exclusive ACC interview at the head of this article can be found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Enjoying the new image reveal? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

AC is overall my favorite sim but I don't really get the hype behind this title. I get that the graphics will be better but it's based on a one race series. Maybe I'm missing something but racing GT3 type cars is common place in every title.
Your favorite sim is about to get better...For me, the hype is more to do with the studio behind it as well. And If you think about it, what better series to choose if your going to replicate it...GT3 is the most played and popular series of car pretty much outside of the open wheelers (Codemasters have F1) So all in all, I think it's worth getting excited about if you've been sim racing in the last 3-4 years....Stefano and crew are going to try and improve upon AC? Replicating the the "Blancpain GT Series!?" Kunos take on rain and wet racing? Improvement in physics?

Bring that on! Thank you Kunos!

3350291-d980a0d8a0609cedf692d619f3695576.jpg

vs
acc-screenshots-11-jpg.249414

I dont see how anyone can come to this conclusion, obvious stylistic difference aside.

If anything... it looks like AC(1) but with night and rain.
What a lame comparison. You purposedly took a colorful screenshot (that isn't even an ingame screenshot but hand-drawn concept art) and the darkest shot you could possibly find among the previews to debunk the point that they have similarities.

You should've picked a more appropriate one, such as this.

But then, your counterpoint wouldn't have looked as strong.

Looking at the screenshots, it saddens me deeply that ACC doesn't seem like the sim for me :( Fingers crossed for mod support.

Edit: What I meant was that the game looks fantastic, but such limited car pool and lack of variety is not my kind of thing. It gets a big thumbs up for aesthetics and weather though.

Last edited:
Hard to tell from pics but i don't really see puddles. A couple of small collections on the main straights but that could be texture. I wonder if puddle formation will be part of it or if they're going to just do rain.

Was there anything mentioned about the damage model of the cars? Will it be any more real as now in AC? I know all stuff about copy rights of the cars, but still, a proper racing car sim is not the proper sim if cars cannot be visually damaged (and physically as well).

Was there anything mentioned about the damage model of the cars? Will it be any more real as now in AC? I know all stuff about copy rights of the cars, but still, a proper racing car sim is not the proper sim if cars cannot be visually damaged (and physically as well).
Actually Stefano once said that the "manufacturers don't allow their cars to be damaged" talk is a myth. They only make sure you won't show any blood or injuries to the driver, but they don't really specify "how damaged" their cars can look in the game.

I think that's just an excuse that fanboys created to justify bad damage in their favorite sims and it sort of stuck, I mean, I hear that talk ever since I played Forza 3 on my Xbox 360.

And to your point, yes, having proper damage, both graphically as well as functionally is a must for ACC, I mean, not only damage looks bad on AC, but I'm tired of hitting a wall with my front bumper and having rear wing damage as a consequence.

• Deleted member 197115

I'm not saying it replicates the cartoony quality, but the shaders and general effects are most likened to Fortnite, rather than any other game I've played, because they use the same engine.
More like Gears Of War 4. UE is very sophisticated engine, Borderlands was using UE3 so was Unreal Tournament 3, yet they looked so differently.

Looking through the comments it's hard to thinking people are criticising before it's even launched. But on the other hand I think we're all so invested in the game that we can feel how good it's going to be. We do have to wait and see, and for me, this is the hardest part. I want to play it now!!! I need patience ... they need to make/test it right.

Regarding graphics: Fortnite is not the only one taking this moody approach. The transition from Forza Motorsport 6 to 7 also has this. People are mad about the graphics in that game. My observation - not criticism - is that in the UK we rarely have that moody atmospheric rain conditions; usually it's just grey, grey, grey ....

Looking at the screenshots, it saddens me deeply that ACC doesn't seem like the sim for me :( Fingers crossed for mod support.

Edit: What I meant was that the game looks fantastic, but such limited car pool and lack of variety is not my kind of thing. It gets a big thumbs up for aesthetics and weather though.

I'm hoping the limited car pool means deeper simulation of the actual controls of the car. I'd love to see actual working steering wheel controls for TC,mixture, etc that are in the team cars, but most sims gloss over because they are trying to model 50+ cars.

Looking through the comments it's hard to thinking people are criticising before it's even launched. But on the other hand I think we're all so invested in the game that we can feel how good it's going to be. We do have to wait and see, and for me, this is the hardest part. I want to play it now!!! I need patience ... they need to make/test it right.

Regarding graphics: Fortnite is not the only one taking this moody approach. The transition from Forza Motorsport 6 to 7 also has this. People are mad about the graphics in that game. My observation - not criticism - is that in the UK we rarely have that moody atmospheric rain conditions; usually it's just grey, grey, grey ....
Don't you know the simracing community? We must criticize the sims we don't play, the ones we play, the ones we don't like and especially the ones we like. Oh, and we must not forget sims that aren't launched yet, we must complain about those as well.
If it has new cars, say you wanted old cars, if it has racing cars, say you wanted road cars, and vice versa. If it has no rain, say you want rain, if it has rain, say the rain is unrealistic. Don't forget to criticize the tyre model and talk about 'simulation value''.
If something in simracing hasn't been criticized is because people don't know about it yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back