Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshots Reveal!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Screenshots 1.jpg ACC Screenshots 2.jpg ACC Screenshots 3.jpg ACC Screenshots 4.jpg ACC Screenshots 5.jpg ACC Screenshots 6.jpg
Sorry I'm late to the party, but everyone enjoys new Assetto Corsa Competizione screenshots regardless - don't they?

It would be fair to say that a large majority of the good sim racing folk here at RD are pretty excited about the potential for Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with an expected Steam Early Access release date tentatively ventured by the developers for this summer, I suppose we don't really have that long to wait until we can find out what all the fun and games are about for ourselves... well outside of England anyway, as we don't really get much in the way of a summer here..

Anyway, now that the real world Blancpain series has kicked off, with Brands Hatch this coming weekend, Kunos have made a call to release a whole bunch of exciting new WIP screenshots from the upcoming title recently, which can be seen within this article and in the comments section below. Looking good? I sure think so...

Oh PS - part 2 of the exclusive ACC interview at the head of this article can be found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Enjoying the new image reveal? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Having played Fortnite a lot recently, I can tell that this game is using Unreal Engine just by looking at the screenshots. They just look similar, which I suppose is what the same game engine usually does.

You wanted rain?! Here's your rain, you...!!! ;)

Game's coming along very nicely with the eye candy and yea, I'll most likely need an upgrade as well. Anybody notice there's a helmet cam for the cockpit? I'm wondering if that's optional or not.

You wanted rain?! Here's your rain, you...!!! ;)

Game's coming along very nicely with the eye candy and yea, I'll most likely need an upgrade as well. Anybody notice there's a helmet cam for the cockpit? I'm wondering if that's optional or not.

Noooooo! Even AC is going for that stupid thing now? I don't know if it makes sense for VR, but having a frame of a helmet take half your screen is not realistic at all, it's just BS. It's not like a driver will see the edges of his helmet visor during a race.

...but having a frame of a helmet take half your screen is not realistic at all, it's just BS. It's not like a driver will see the edges of his helmet visor during a race.

I was thinking this same thing...or if anything, they shouldn't use up THAT much vertical space...I think It would be tolerable if it was done a little more subtle.

Noooooo! Even AC is going for that stupid thing now? I don't know if it makes sense for VR, but having a frame of a helmet take half your screen is not realistic at all, it's just BS. It's not like a driver will see the edges of his helmet visor during a race.
Breathe! Relax, it is not a mandatory view, it is just an other choice, you know, in case some one is different than you and would enjoy such a view. Choice is good.

Those tire walls finally look so life-like! Who wants to try hitting one to see what happens? :D

Being picky I'd say that the visor cam doesn't have the visor at all. Hopefully Kunos will mimic the Visor app for AC, adding several different visors and helmet shapes. Pehaps sound is muffled if we use the visor cam, just like in PCARS.

Breathe! Relax, it is not a mandatory view, it is just an other choice, you know, in case some one is different than you and would enjoy such a view. Choice is good.
I know that if they do implement such feature, it will most definitely be optional, but (and I'll sound like an a-hole here) just the fact that they'd implement that feature already gives me a funny feeling, like a PCars gimmicks feeling. I'll just try to convince myself that it's meant to be used on VR so it doesn't seem that stupid of a feature.

It looks very nice from outside view, but cockpit is the same of AC1 version, I'd expecting some more "realistic" according with new graphic engine, well, must be a early work and taking advantage of most things as possible of currently version to put the SIM running, I hope they make a new version for the release data. This graphics with rfactor 2 physics will be a dream to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back