Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshot, Misano Launch Tomorrow

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Misano Release .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will get its first public airing after E3 at Misano tomorrow, as Kunos Simulazioni take the upcoming title to the Blancpain GT Series for the first time...

Much anticipated since the game was first revealed as in the works by successful Italian development team Kunos back in February, ACC, the official videogame of the Blancpain GT Series, will be on site at the upcoming Misano round of the real world series this coming weekend for the public to try, marking another milestone in the development of the title prior to releasing on Steam Early Access later this summer.

Utilising the Unreal 4 graphics engine, an official licence for the epic Blancpain GT Series and featuring time of day and weather conditions for the first time in a simulation developed by Kunos, ACC isn't strictly the successor to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa, but more of a branching out by Kunos as they investigate new technologies such as the Unreal engine. The end result, a rather exceptional looking new title that features a full simulation of the most exciting GT3 racing championship anywhere in the world...

With the Misano round this weekend, and a promise of plenty of access to the title for members of the public, it wouldn't be a stretch to expect ACC isn't all that far away from coming to Steam Early Access, then we'll all get the chance to give it a try for ourselves...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Do you think the new title will be a success? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Stefano stated a while back that 30+ cars probably wouldn't happen due to the ai using actual physics. (which use cpu power to process)

I know Kunos' AI is CPU hungry but I would still like the option though. In this particular case I think giving more choice to the user is not a bad thing. Let the users choose as many AI as they want with an upper limit of ~50, just give a little warning that "exceeding 'x' number will be too demanding and will adversely affect performance" if you go clicking beyond say a safe 30 limit in the menus.

Most sensible people will try it out for themselves and drop the AI cars down once they get to know what their PC can handle, some dumdums will most definitely complain that their potatoes are getting fried when using max AI cars but then again the aforementioned warning would make their moaning invalid. IDK how it works but I am genuinely curious if that limit could be raised for multiplayer since there won't be any huge AI calculations happening in mp.

I know Kunos' AI is CPU hungry but I would still like the option though. In this particular case I think giving more choice to the user is not a bad thing. Let the users choose as many AI as they want with an upper limit of ~50, just give a little warning that "exceeding 'x' number will be too demanding and will adversely affect performance" if you go clicking beyond say a safe 30 limit in the menus.

Most sensible people will try it out for themselves and drop the AI cars down once they get to know what their PC can handle, some dumdums will most definitely complain that their potatoes are getting fried when using max AI cars but then again the aforementioned warning would make their moaning invalid. IDK how it works but I am genuinely curious if that limit could be raised for multiplayer since there won't be any huge AI calculations happening in mp.
Agree, Kunos please make this option for user who has high end rig.

You have a very short memory span then, as you clearly said "most of the race start late in the afternoon" which is not true.

As a neutral observer to this debate - are you really arguing about when late in the afternoon begins? How are afternoon's split? Do we just have early and late afternoon or do we have early, mid and late afternoon? Is the length of an afternoon fixed or does it depend on the length of daylight i.e. time of year?

Shall we all just get a life? :)

As a neutral observer to this debate - are you really arguing about when late in the afternoon begins? How are afternoon's split? Do we just have early and late afternoon or do we have early, mid and late afternoon? Is the length of an afternoon fixed or does it depend on the length of daylight i.e. time of year?

Shall we all just get a life? :)

C'mon, read my post again and move along

Educate yourself instead of trying to be a couple of smartasses.
http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/parts-of-the-day-early-morning-late-morning-etc

One thing I miss and it would add to the immersion a lot is that small amplitude shaking you may see when in the TV onboard cameras. It should be an option. There is something similar in AC but that's just not the same. It occurs only at high speed and that's too smooth either.

Last edited:
I need puddle simulation.
Me too. I think it was in PC2 while prepping to watch 6 hrs of Fuji, in LMP1 in the rain, a puddle developed in the final section of uphill turns and you had to be aware of it as your car caught it, getting worse each lap, felt like a real living track and made your heart skip. Then I watched the real race and the cars behaved the same way to the exact same developing puddle. Added so much to the experience.

Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date! Release date!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back