Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshot, Misano Launch Tomorrow

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Misano Release .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will get its first public airing after E3 at Misano tomorrow, as Kunos Simulazioni take the upcoming title to the Blancpain GT Series for the first time...

Much anticipated since the game was first revealed as in the works by successful Italian development team Kunos back in February, ACC, the official videogame of the Blancpain GT Series, will be on site at the upcoming Misano round of the real world series this coming weekend for the public to try, marking another milestone in the development of the title prior to releasing on Steam Early Access later this summer.

Utilising the Unreal 4 graphics engine, an official licence for the epic Blancpain GT Series and featuring time of day and weather conditions for the first time in a simulation developed by Kunos, ACC isn't strictly the successor to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa, but more of a branching out by Kunos as they investigate new technologies such as the Unreal engine. The end result, a rather exceptional looking new title that features a full simulation of the most exciting GT3 racing championship anywhere in the world...

With the Misano round this weekend, and a promise of plenty of access to the title for members of the public, it wouldn't be a stretch to expect ACC isn't all that far away from coming to Steam Early Access, then we'll all get the chance to give it a try for ourselves...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Do you think the new title will be a success? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Gameplay with italian commentary from Aris
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/AKinformaticaSNC/videos/2200969969918903/
Looks incredible, plenty of rain spray too. Replays @ 6:48 look like real life? Also loading time was insanely fast. Wonder if they had to borrow computers from NASA to run that, hope not

No clue what they were saying, if anyone can translate some bits would be great

Based on footage, ACC is already best looking sim.

Wonder what kind of rigs were used in E3, were they playing on 4K, 2K res or standard 1080p?

Rain and night are usually FPS killers, which is why I never complained about AC1 not having them...In MP sessions with dynamic weather, you will have to set graphics by the lowest denominator. So that it doesn't start stuttering, if possible rain / night comes

Can't wait for all the "why no rain/night" ppl start complaining how their potato can't run ACC
Quote from what Kunos had answer on facebook
"At E3, ACC was ran on Intel i7 8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080, 16GB RAM on 4K resolution monitors (This is not fully representative for our final requirements, suggested and minimal either!) The gameplay trailer was recorded without editing on an i7 4770k, Nvidia GTX1070, 8GB RAM @ 1080p, 60fps. Hope this helps
1f642.png
:)"

Last edited:
Yes, a lot of the races either begin late afternoon and pass 5pm during the race, or even start late in the evening post 5pm. Obviously the 24hour Spa is at night too.
That's just not true. So far this season only the Paul Ricard 1000km (6 hours race) started at 18:00pm and finished at 00:00am. Most races in the Endurance cup start around 15:00pm and are 3 hours long. The ones in the Sprint cup start even earlier, at 14:00pm and are 1 hour long.

Two biggest wishes:
1. VR
2. All cars: Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3, Bentley Continental GT3, BMW M6 GT3, Jaguar G3, Laborghini Gallardo G3, Lamborghini REX and Lexus RC F GT3. (all cars I haven't seen in game yet)

I trust Kunos with the rest.

Wish we could have a clear video direct record from PC instead of phone/cam... I got bad feeling about the game performance, E3 demo got 21 cars but now they turn it down to 18 cars. No hope for 30+ cars.

I’m 100% sure that game will get good optimization in the future. Now Kunos just want to get all features etc to work with game and get EA version released. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back