Assetto Corsa Competizione New Screenshot, Misano Launch Tomorrow

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Misano Release .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will get its first public airing after E3 at Misano tomorrow, as Kunos Simulazioni take the upcoming title to the Blancpain GT Series for the first time...

Much anticipated since the game was first revealed as in the works by successful Italian development team Kunos back in February, ACC, the official videogame of the Blancpain GT Series, will be on site at the upcoming Misano round of the real world series this coming weekend for the public to try, marking another milestone in the development of the title prior to releasing on Steam Early Access later this summer.

Utilising the Unreal 4 graphics engine, an official licence for the epic Blancpain GT Series and featuring time of day and weather conditions for the first time in a simulation developed by Kunos, ACC isn't strictly the successor to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa, but more of a branching out by Kunos as they investigate new technologies such as the Unreal engine. The end result, a rather exceptional looking new title that features a full simulation of the most exciting GT3 racing championship anywhere in the world...

With the Misano round this weekend, and a promise of plenty of access to the title for members of the public, it wouldn't be a stretch to expect ACC isn't all that far away from coming to Steam Early Access, then we'll all get the chance to give it a try for ourselves...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to ACC? Do you think the new title will be a success? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, love GT3 racing but iRacing is a bit expensive for me and Project Cars 2's physics are a little wonky imo, loved AC and the way the GT3's felt so I'm so excited for this.

I know some people complain about the GT3 racing everywhere but having just got into GTE/GT3 racing on Iracing it just works very well for sim racing.I think once you go beyond certain grip levels like F1 or LMP1 the racing becomes cartoony & less realistic.
Looking forward to ACC.I will probably hold off for 6 months for the game to be perfected.

I expect a project cars with AC physics. I think this title is gonna have the same performance issues that PC had back in time. It's all about dynamic weather, i don't think they are capable of doing that in an MP envirment. I wish i have to swallow my words

I know some people complain about the GT3 racing everywhere but having just got into GTE/GT3 racing on Iracing it just works very well for sim racing.I think once you go beyond certain grip levels like F1 or LMP1 the racing becomes cartoony & less realistic.
Looking forward to ACC.I will probably hold off for 6 months for the game to be perfected.

Just a tip though, while the game might be more stable and less frustrating after a few months, in general EA-status games in simracing are cheaper (Dirt Rally), so you might just get a bargain buy first, then wait a few months and continue with it.

I expect a project cars with AC physics. I think this title is gonna have the same performance issues that PC had back in time. It's all about dynamic weather, i don't think they are capable of doing that in an MP envirment. I wish i have to swallow my words

GTR2 did it. I had online races with dynamic weather back when NoGrip had a racing league.

Start now then, ACC it's not pCars in any way. Pcars is not a single racing series simulator with solid multiplayer :p
There might be resemblance in the graphics and weather, but that's it. From videos, pC still looks to have heavy postprocess and particles going, while ACC looks a lot more optimized and clean. Sound is better in ACC for sure.

Really looking forward to this.
I haven't seen any mention of the missing manufacturers yet. Obviously the cars in-game are the ones they already had licensed in AC and I'm sure the others are in the works, but have Kunos officially mentioned the others yet? Bentley, Aston, Jaguar and the Gallardo REX?
All they've said is "official licensed teams, cars and drivers".

Hoping someone proves me wrong.

Based on footage, ACC is already best looking sim.

Wonder what kind of rigs were used in E3, were they playing on 4K, 2K res or standard 1080p?

Rain and night are usually FPS killers, which is why I never complained about AC1 not having them...In MP sessions with dynamic weather, you will have to set graphics by the lowest denominator. So that it doesn't start stuttering, if possible rain / night comes

Can't wait for all the "why no rain/night" ppl start complaining how their potato can't run ACC

Last edited:
I haven't seen any mention of the missing manufacturers yet. Obviously the cars in-game are the ones they already had licensed in AC and I'm sure the others are in the works, but have Kunos officially mentioned the others yet? Bentley, Aston, Jaguar and the Gallardo REX?

My guess is they get access to everyone taking part in Blancpain as part of the license, I could be wrong though. We may not see teams you mentioned in the EA release but my guess would be they'll be part of it eventually.

And Lexus.
As far as I know all cars of the series will be in the game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.