Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Releases - Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Over the last few days, a couple of new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have been released... read on for the details about what's new...

We had the major build 1.3 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione back on February 4th, and since then the development team over at Kunos Simulazioni have remained hard at work ironing out any follow up issues that have occurred within the title post release. In the last few weeks we've seen a number of new hotfix releases, of which the latest (1.3.4 and 1.3.5) deployed back on Friday.

Seeing as Kunos are patching faster than I can type, please find below slightly delayed update notes from the two most recent hotfix updates:

V1.3.4
  • Fixed inconsistent F6 cameras for some of the Evo cars.
  • Driver stint message now correctly follows if maximum driving time left is shorter than the current stint time.
  • Fixed "Max Time Left" widget behaviour in single-car sessions.
  • MP: Fixed visual damage not resetting for swapped cars with repair
  • MP: Added live electronics settings transferring across swaps (TC, ABS, BBias, Map).
  • MP: Added new chat command to hand over the car during FP and Q sessions:
  • swap X" (where X is the number of the target driver in the team list; 1 selects the first entry).
  • NOTE: the player giving away the car in the garage screen must not press the Setup button!
  • Rating: Fixed wrong rating data when loading savegames or swapping into cars.
  • MP: Added server admin handbook v7.

V1.3.5
  • MP: Fixed total driving time counter behaviour in MP.
  • Now total driving time correctly freezes on pit entry and resumes on pit exit.
  • Minor fix to the time multiplier display on session summary.
  • Stint timer is now linked to the timing HUD when auto-repositioning.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

the game now is completely different from 1 year ago, when it launched it was an absolute fiasco but now seems a serious contender for iRacing regarding multiplayer, being playing again for a few weeks in SA 50 servers and above and i was very suprised (in a good way) to see how much the level has improved since last time i had played (a few months back). Seeing comments from professional GT3 drivers that this is the best sim made me try it again and....oh boi they are right!!! the game now is amazing!

What exactly you're talking about mate?
This nonsence, it's the new rolling start. I don't understand the need for these widgets and ghost cars at the start, in iracing there is none of that, you just simply stay on your side of the track and follow the car in front, and there's no issues. What is so hard about just following the car in front?
P4nPW4n[1].jpg
Uo9LSUX[1].jpg
Slider.jpg

Last edited:
This nonsence, it's the new rolling start. I don't understand the need for these widgets and ghost cars at the start, in iracing there is none of that, you just simply stay on your side of the track and follow the car in front, and there's no issues. What is so hard about just following the car in front?
Ok :) Now I got your point and you're right here at all. But it seems not every online racer is able to follow the car in front and hit the throttle at green lights. So Kunos tried to give back to you the full control of the car and the responsibility. At the same time Kunos guide the people doing the right things.
In my opinion it is a good way and much better than the old limiter thingy.

Last edited:
There were no problems with the limiter, crashes at race starts happen even in real life. The crashes on green are way worse now, cause people watching and minding those widgets find themselves in a full throttle chaos! I know that Kunos won't change it, but their MP servers are already mostly dead. It's a fun sim at times, I play it for a week or so whenever a new update is available. Other than that this is a beautiful sim that met an early death due to unfinished game price practices, unfair RTX graphics manipulation, DLC's, and the lack of cars, this for being a dedicated GT3 simulator in a single class. And to all the fanboys, this new start is the final nail in the coffin. By applying arcade like features to a realistic simulator you're no longer a sim! ACC is now ready for consoles!

Footage below: Where are his widgets, I signed up for this kind of realism I don't know about you.

Other than that this is a beautiful sim that met an early death due to unfinished game price practices, unfair RTX graphics manipulation, DLC's, and the lack of cars, this for being a dedicated GT3 simulator in a single class.

In no particular order...

“Lack of cars”. It’s a GT3 sim which initially replicated a single series and included all of the cars which took part. It was clearly advertised as such. What else did you expect?

“Met an early death”? Really? It’s had over 2000 concurrent players in the last 24 hours and the numbers seem to be steadily rising. That’s a lot more than many other popular racing sims - very impressive when you consider that it’s a single-type sim.

“Unfinished game price practices”. Not really sure what you mean by this but, even at full price, you definitely get a great sim for the money. Even more so if you bought it in EA. The DLC so far has been an absolute bargain for 4 highly detailed, laser-scanned tracks.

The ray tracing subject has been done to death. Kunos have said they’ll look at it when everything else is finished. However, given the current track record of ray tracing in other games, I’m more than happy to live without it and have the extra performance for the little it actually adds.

If you like GT3 racing, there’s currently nothing out there to beat it - an opinion shared by real world GT3 drivers.

Last edited:
Everyone with a bit of brain left should stop reading at:
You can miss me with this SOYBOY FANBOY one-liner crap! I gave you a perfect explanation about the problem! People will go "yassssss" even if the next update is a black screen with ultra-realistic GT3 sounds. If you can't come back with something more detailed on HOW THESE WIDGETS ADD TO REALISM? Go play Pokémon, Sonic or whatever.

In no particular order...

“Lack of cars”. It’s a GT3 sim which initially replicated a single series and included all of the cars which took part. It was clearly advertised as such. What else did you expect?

“Met an early death”? Really? It’s had over 2000 concurrent players in the last 24 hours and the numbers seem to be steadily rising. That’s a lot more than many other popular racing sims - very impressive when you consider that it’s a single-type sim.

“Unfinished game price practices”. Not really sure what you mean by this but, even at full price, you definitely get a great sim for the money. Even more so if you bought it in EA. The DLC so far has been an absolute bargain for 4 highly detailed, laser-scanned tracks.

The ray tracing subject has been done to death. Kunos have said they’ll look at it when everything else is finished. However, given the current track record of ray tracing in other games, I’m more than happy to live without it and have the extra performance for the little it actually adds.

If you like GT3 racing, there’s currently nothing out there to beat it - an opinion shared by real world GT3 drivers.

Now we talking:

Lack of cars, yes some people be asking KUNOS for cars only to then find out that those cars belong to the IMSA series, people asking for Group C cars (why I don't Know)

Met an early death, it's DEAD! Sorry to brake it you. I raced yesterday against 4 people. One crashed, got mad and left. The other two took each other out with only 2 laps remaining. I finished 1st.

Unfinished game price practices, Yes the game was released in beta stages EACH HAD IT'S OWN PRIZE! Depending on what part of the beta stage you bought. I waited and payed $44.99 for the full release. Bought the DLC $14.99 2nd day after it's release. And this after complaining about the introduction of DLC's for what should have been part of the sim to begin with!

I have no complaints about the game's looks, BUT to even think to sell you game with features only available for selected hardware is asinine! I really wanna see AMS2 come out and tell you that a RYZEN CPU is needed to fully enjoy the new feature called LIVE-PhyXics. You intel fanboys would BLOW A GASKET!

And yes I like GT3 racing, I'm all about it. I own the FANATEC McLaren GT3, BMW GT2, and the latest Porsche 911 GT3 CUP. Money is not an issue here. I invest in realism, and want my sims to be as real as possible. I sold my PS4 Pro/GT Sport for the lack of this, but made another kid happy while doing so.

GT Sport looks way better than ANYTHING out there, ANY-THING! Even ACC with GTX2080 Ti RTX enabled don't even come close! But it handles like a bar of soap on a wet surface - an opinion shared by real world sim racers!

Now we talking:

Lack of cars, yes some people be asking KUNOS for cars only to then find out that those cars belong to the IMSA series, people asking for Group C cars (why I don't Know)

Met an early death, it's DEAD! Sorry to brake it you. I raced yesterday against 4 people. One crashed, got mad and left. The other two took each other out with only 2 laps remaining. I finished 1st.

Unfinished game price practices, Yes the game was released in beta stages EACH HAD IT'S OWN PRIZE! Depending on what part of the beta stage you bought. I waited and payed $44.99 for the full release. Bought the DLC $14.99 2nd day after it's release. And this after complaining about the introduction of DLC's for what should have been part of the sim to begin with!

I have no complaints about the game's looks, BUT to even think to sell you game with features only available for selected hardware is asinine! I really wanna see AMS2 come out and tell you that a RYZEN CPU is needed to fully enjoy the new feature called LIVE-PhyXics. You intel fanboys would BLOW A GASKET!

And yes I like GT3 racing, I'm all about it. I own the FANATEC McLaren GT3, BMW GT2, and the latest Porsche 911 GT3 CUP. Money is not an issue here. I invest in realism, and want my sims to be as real as possible. I sold my PS4 Pro/GT Sport for the lack of this, but made another kid happy while doing so.

GT Sport looks way better than ANYTHING out there, ANY-THING! Even ACC with GTX2080 Ti RTX enabled don't even come close! But it handles like a bar of soap on a wet surface - an opinion shared by real world sim racers!

Just say that you don't like this sim, that's fair and honest.

They said since before they released the first beta that the game was about Blancpain europe for the 2018 season, and later the 2019 season for free. And they delivered exactly that, if people is asking for nordschleife, F3, Australian V8 or mods it is their own problem because they where very open about what the sim would be and legal reasons forbid them to include non blancpain content.

The sim being dead is just a manifestation of confirmation bias, you wish it to happen, but all the famous streamers are playing it multiple times every week in servers full with 45 cars, some even with 80 cars in the same server, the grow in user base is undeniable just looking statistics, the increase in non kunos servers paying their own money to host races, and how much the sim it is talked about in every big forum says otherwise.

Prices. The guys did a early access that was dirt cheap, as original AC was. Also they said since the very begining that the prices would rise with every update until 1.0, after that the sim price has being getting lowered one time after another. The dlc is an addon to the game. They said that the game was about blancpain europe's 2018 and 2019 seasons and that's that. If they purchase licenses of 4 tracks and a new championship of course you will need to pay for that, they never promised it to begin with, and at the end of the day the licenses aren't cheap and have to be paid, the developers salaries have to be paid too. Also the price of the dlc was dirt cheap, they sold 4 new laser scanned tracks and 40 new liveries for the same as others ask for just 1 addon track.

As for today they don't have included nor have confirmed to add any feature that just work in a selected hardware. You are just making up things. RTX probably will never be in game, just because UE4 is trash performance wise. But even with that in mind raytracing is supported by directx12, so no selected hardware is needed, non rtx cards can also run raytracing, and amd next gen cars will have native raytracing support. Also, a lot of us lived back in the late 90s and still remember the 3dfx modes for almost all games, and I never felt that was assinine or that I was a second class citizen for not having the money for a 3dfx card.

If GT Sport is so much better for your tastes then stop wasting your patience with an inferior simulator, sell your pc and go back to ps4 to enjoy the true simracing experience. But don't say that ACC physics are worse than GT Sport, because even real life blancpain drivers that previously where very harsh with ACC's 1.0 now say that ACC is the benchmark in GT3 physics. Also ridiculous to criticise the wet physics in ACC, it isn't perfect at all, but as for today nothing comes even close.

Just say that you don't like this sim, that's fair and honest.

They said since before they released the first beta that the game was about Blancpain europe for the 2018 season, and later the 2019 season for free. And they delivered exactly that, if people is asking for nordschleife, F3, Australian V8 or mods it is their own problem because they where very open about what the sim would be and legal reasons forbid them to include non blancpain content.

The sim being dead is just a manifestation of confirmation bias, you wish it to happen, but all the famous streamers are playing it multiple times every week in servers full with 45 cars, some even with 80 cars in the same server, the grow in user base is undeniable just looking statistics, the increase in non kunos servers paying their own money to host races, and how much the sim it is talked about in every big forum says otherwise.

Prices. The guys did a early access that was dirt cheap, as original AC was. Also they said since the very begining that the prices would rise with every update until 1.0, after that the sim price has being getting lowered one time after another. The dlc is an addon to the game. They said that the game was about blancpain europe's 2018 and 2019 seasons and that's that. If they purchase licenses of 4 tracks and a new championship of course you will need to pay for that, they never promised it to begin with, and at the end of the day the licenses aren't cheap and have to be paid, the developers salaries have to be paid too. Also the price of the dlc was dirt cheap, they sold 4 new laser scanned tracks and 40 new liveries for the same as others ask for just 1 addon track.

As for today they don't have included nor have confirmed to add any feature that just work in a selected hardware. You are just making up things. RTX probably will never be in game, just because UE4 is trash performance wise. But even with that in mind raytracing is supported by directx12, so no selected hardware is needed, non rtx cards can also run raytracing, and amd next gen cars will have native raytracing support. Also, a lot of us lived back in the late 90s and still remember the 3dfx modes for almost all games, and I never felt that was assinine or that I was a second class citizen for not having the money for a 3dfx card.

If GT Sport is so much better for your tastes then stop wasting your patience with an inferior simulator, sell your pc and go back to ps4 to enjoy the true simracing experience. But don't say that ACC physics are worse than GT Sport, because even real life blancpain drivers that previously where very harsh with ACC's 1.0 now say that ACC is the benchmark in GT3 physics. Also ridiculous to criticise the wet physics in ACC, it isn't perfect at all, but as for today nothing comes even close.

This is fanboying at it's best. I'm gonna keep it short like your reading span. You're repeating every point that @maelstorm has made and that I've already answered!

BTW I'm with you on people asking for asinine mods, while this being a Blancpain GT3 simulator.

Again: That I don't like it? After the implementation of a rolling start that's adapted for toddlers? NO!

Do I enjoy driving it, YES. And I have followed every development step of this game, from DAY 1!!!! Did I say that I didn't know they were gonna charge for the DLC's? NO! Do I agree with DLC's in general? Another fat NO!

You are full of fanboy lies, I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN 80 PLAYER LOBBY!!! 30 something, but how many stay till the end, 9? Grow? It will grow as the prize drops. Developer salaries need be paid with game releases and not consumer milking! What is this gonna be Make ACC GTV Again?

I'm not getting into a price debate with you, cause I have way more money than you! I'm on iRacing I know the DLC was dirt cheap, but was the implementation of the DLC's within such a small racing class the best to do? NO!!! Now a DLC for an IMSA or different GT3 spec. class, that would have been something else.

BTW, the most famous streamers or real life drivers are on iRacing. So am I, but you need money for that, get it.

I will stop here, you need to go back to school, for some reading classes. I never said anyting about ACC physics nor criticizing it, but I will say it now IT'S IS THE BET THING OUT THERE. Only in ACC can you catch a slide and not crash your car, can't do it in iRacing, Raceroom, rFactor 2, and you can forget about it in GT Sport!

BTW the slow game sales can be blamed on the heavy NVIDIA RTX campaigning before and during the games release! Most gamers will not buy a game that is played best on a $1200 graphics card! Nor will they buy the card to play it along with the handful of games it currently supports! And seeing you like famous streamers so much, most of the RTX video card you see them playing on was given to them! For review and other loyalty shenanigan's.

Not my words:
Interestingly, NVIDIA had an entire blog post written about what ray tracing would bring to Assetto Corsa Competizione, such as “real-time, realistic mirroring of surrounding detail to cars, windows, and other reflective surfaces.” This is certainly fuel for critics who consider ray tracing nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
in my words: Because it is!

READ, It's FUNTOMENTAL!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes