Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Releases - Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Over the last few days, a couple of new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have been released... read on for the details about what's new...

We had the major build 1.3 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione back on February 4th, and since then the development team over at Kunos Simulazioni have remained hard at work ironing out any follow up issues that have occurred within the title post release. In the last few weeks we've seen a number of new hotfix releases, of which the latest (1.3.4 and 1.3.5) deployed back on Friday.

Seeing as Kunos are patching faster than I can type, please find below slightly delayed update notes from the two most recent hotfix updates:

V1.3.4
  • Fixed inconsistent F6 cameras for some of the Evo cars.
  • Driver stint message now correctly follows if maximum driving time left is shorter than the current stint time.
  • Fixed "Max Time Left" widget behaviour in single-car sessions.
  • MP: Fixed visual damage not resetting for swapped cars with repair
  • MP: Added live electronics settings transferring across swaps (TC, ABS, BBias, Map).
  • MP: Added new chat command to hand over the car during FP and Q sessions:
  • swap X" (where X is the number of the target driver in the team list; 1 selects the first entry).
  • NOTE: the player giving away the car in the garage screen must not press the Setup button!
  • Rating: Fixed wrong rating data when loading savegames or swapping into cars.
  • MP: Added server admin handbook v7.

V1.3.5
  • MP: Fixed total driving time counter behaviour in MP.
  • Now total driving time correctly freezes on pit entry and resumes on pit exit.
  • Minor fix to the time multiplier display on session summary.
  • Stint timer is now linked to the timing HUD when auto-repositioning.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

Oh the days when you just could insert the disk and have a go.. :coffee::inlove:
Yeah, when you had to pay full price for the EA version named Prologe, and then again full price when title came out and the issues still were there but never were fixed even though the development took many years...

Not to start with needing a japanese edition console for the special versions or having to buy the game a second and in one instance even a third time because the disc was scratched and not readable any more because of badly designed pickup on the PS2...

You maybe can tell I played Gran Turismo a lot starting with GT1 :-D

And oh, how could I forget, all these nice copy protection schemes that made playing a joy when the drm driver wouldn't install or crashed your game while playing.

Anyway, I personally prefer having a game evolve and get better over time. And yes, sometimes errors happen, but I don't really mind if they get fixed as fast as by the Kunos guys. The era of disc distribution is something that I really don't miss the slightest bit to be honest, it had it's own problems and there's a reason they're gone mostly.

I may get older, but I'm tired of incomplete or unpolished software. I have uninstalled ACC until they really finish their development.
Is it really that uncompleted?

It's quite solid currently from what I heard (currently unable to race, as I don't have my wheel), they are just polishing it which I don't see as a bad thing. Many developers would have already stopped

Almost all games these days are "WIP projects" after launch tbh. And many are left buggy forever

Assetto Corsa 1 was updated for years, way after it could have been considered "finished". Even after ACC was already in development, AC still got updates at a slower pace. Same probably happens with ACC, might take years. Kind of strange reason not to play the game. iRacing is still unfinished and updated, after 12 years

Last edited:
I may get older, but I'm tired of incomplete or unpolished software. I have uninstalled ACC until they really finish their development.
You mean the good ol' days when if a game was released with bugs there was nothing to do because the dev would just move on to the next game and patches were not really a thing? I remember those. So awesome.

Also, back then games didn't have the complexity they have now (specially sims). Kunos will keep on working and improving ACC until they decide it's time to make a new game, even giving us stuff beyond what was promised, and yet people still manage to find reasons to complain...

1. I'm sure, you've heard it before - there is no such a thing as a finished software, only abandoned.

2. Software of this complexity takes massive amount of time to make, so if you are OK waiting 10+ years to be able to play it with all features we entitled gamers demand and expect these days, fine - but I personally am more than happy to get access to whatever is very well playable (as ACC is) and updated in the process over the years.

3. With this price policy Kunos is using, who could really complain?

4. Maybe you are old. ( :) )

5. However, I must admit, in general I do agree with your sentiment, the gaming industry is very often abusing the early access system to sell the games before making them usable and then don't care if the game works or not. But I must say most companies in the sim-racing genre are usually pretty fair with their intentions.

to all above exclude fremen_78: This is the old fanboy writing and you trash to one community member who doesn't like this kind of games wich are released with all the bugs and the following excuses in form of hotfixes. Dudes stop it plz.

As long as ACC feels a little bit strange when it comes to smooth driving - the cars feels awkward - the game is still a unfinished symphony. fps 62

Oh the days when you just could insert the disk and have a go.. :coffee::inlove:

Games were a lot simpler back then. Now, with all the options included in the games, not to mention the amazing level of sound and video quality, patches are necessary. And let's not forget DLCs that add content to the original releases. We may feel some nostalgia for the GP games by Geoff Crammond or the Indycar games of Papyrus, but it's so much more interesting now to be a simracing fan.

5. However, I must admit, in general I do agree with your sentiment, the gaming industry is very often abusing the early access system to sell the games before making them usable and then don't care if the game works or not. But I must say most companies in the sim-racing genre are usually pretty fair with their intentions.

That is the question. And I didn't say I don't like ACC simulation. It seems to me, without a doubt, the best in the GT3 category and has the best laser-recreated circuits. It just overwhelms me so much update. And I did'nt like his hasty launch. Meanwhile, I still enjoy AC. And, hopefully, within a year or two, AC Competizione will be the reference. Hopefully...

hopefully, within a year or two, AC Competizione will be the reference. Hopefully...

It’s the reference for GT3 now! Nicki Thiim, a real-world GT3 driver who was previously very critical of ACC, produced a video recently where he said how much he now likes it and how he can drive it like a real GT3 car. Some may say that they don’t find it very realistic but it’s difficult to argue with someone who drives the real cars for a living.

I understand it's not like it was in the past, but you have also to consider the games now are a lot heavier than 10 years ago. This means they are constantly WIP. You won't find any single AAA game finished at V1.0. The only way to have a finished game in your hands, would be waiting 4 years (at least). Would you wait for so long? I don't think so. And still, some people would probably find issues because we all have a different hardware. At least, nowadays you can submit your feedback and they can fix it almost instantly.

With all the updates the only thing I notice change was..... nothing! The game seemed fine before this round of updates and seems fine after them also :)
I was having a blast in ACC before and still am after ;)
Im not sure why a game getting updates bothers some people?? It shows commitment from the development team, shows they care and listen and are willing to admit mistakes or flaws in their creation.
Maybe if i had limited data I could find it bothersome to have my data taken by these updates butwith today's internet I'm sure it can't be that being people's issue!
There is another evolving sim out atm(and last 7 years) that updates at glacial speed so to have Kunos update so often is appreciated by me.
Games from yesteryear had the amount of code in them as a single track of current Sims so to release something complete would have been such an easier task.

Without work there is no mistake! They are working! Whoever works can make a mistake! Quickly fix it and it's good! Modern codes are more complicated! Have you ever played buggy games? Try the Codmasters F1 game! The Codmasters working very slow (or nothing) and the money important and with new updates some times come new bug. But the Kunos team mission is the perfect game and i think the Kunos works is hard for therefore!

Last edited:
It’s the reference for GT3 now! Nicki Thiim, a real-world GT3 driver who was previously very critical of ACC, produced a video recently where he said how much he now likes it and how he can drive it like a real GT3 car. Some may say that they don’t find it very realistic but it’s difficult to argue with someone who drives the real cars for a living.
Yes! And David Perel the Ferrari Driver!

Lol I think your memory of that era is a little skewed. Poor hardware compatibility often meant software just didn't work with a system back then and there was no delivery medium for patches or fixes so games often sat on the shelf unused until it was time to try again with the next PC upgrade.

I agree that many devs abuse the EA thing nowadays (users choice to buy in though ;)) and they also abuse how easily they can deliver patches by knowingly releasing buggy/unfinished software planning to fix it later.

But the fact stands, things weren't all roses back in the old days.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000