Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Releases - Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Over the last few days, a couple of new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have been released... read on for the details about what's new...

We had the major build 1.3 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione back on February 4th, and since then the development team over at Kunos Simulazioni have remained hard at work ironing out any follow up issues that have occurred within the title post release. In the last few weeks we've seen a number of new hotfix releases, of which the latest (1.3.4 and 1.3.5) deployed back on Friday.

Seeing as Kunos are patching faster than I can type, please find below slightly delayed update notes from the two most recent hotfix updates:

V1.3.4
  • Fixed inconsistent F6 cameras for some of the Evo cars.
  • Driver stint message now correctly follows if maximum driving time left is shorter than the current stint time.
  • Fixed "Max Time Left" widget behaviour in single-car sessions.
  • MP: Fixed visual damage not resetting for swapped cars with repair
  • MP: Added live electronics settings transferring across swaps (TC, ABS, BBias, Map).
  • MP: Added new chat command to hand over the car during FP and Q sessions:
  • swap X" (where X is the number of the target driver in the team list; 1 selects the first entry).
  • NOTE: the player giving away the car in the garage screen must not press the Setup button!
  • Rating: Fixed wrong rating data when loading savegames or swapping into cars.
  • MP: Added server admin handbook v7.

V1.3.5
  • MP: Fixed total driving time counter behaviour in MP.
  • Now total driving time correctly freezes on pit entry and resumes on pit exit.
  • Minor fix to the time multiplier display on session summary.
  • Stint timer is now linked to the timing HUD when auto-repositioning.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

1. I'm sure, you've heard it before - there is no such a thing as a finished software, only abandoned.

2. Software of this complexity takes massive amount of time to make, so if you are OK waiting 10+ years to be able to play it with all features we entitled gamers demand and expect these days, fine - but I personally am more than happy to get access to whatever is very well playable (as ACC is) and updated in the process over the years.

3. With this price policy Kunos is using, who could really complain?

4. Maybe you are old. ( :) )

5. However, I must admit, in general I do agree with your sentiment, the gaming industry is very often abusing the early access system to sell the games before making them usable and then don't care if the game works or not. But I must say most companies in the sim-racing genre are usually pretty fair with their intentions.

I’m old! Well, my kids are 35 and older. :redface: But I really don’t mind these regular updates. It’s not as if they are tricky to install......just go and make a coffee and by the time you return, its done. Difficult? No. ACC is AWESOME

A while ago I thought it was a completely abandoned failed project ...: Really really good news for us that it's not. Keep up the good work. They're demonstrating that one of the best ways of learning is from your mistakes.

this post from the Kunos forums seems to describe the phenomenon in detail (and the workaround):
"I just tested this [AI behaviour] again with 1.3.5, and the behaviour hasn't changed at all. For me, at least.
Race: Single-player 1-hour race with a 10-minute pit window. If you don't save and then reload the game everything works fine.
But, if you save the game before the pit window starts, then reload that saved game and keep going, when the pit window arrives the AI just pit repeatedly, every 2 laps for the rest of the race. They pit, do an out lap, then immediately do an in lap and pit again. They never manage to do a single full lap.
This has been exactly the same since the 1.3 DLC version was released. Before that, I never saw anything like this in hundreds of 1-hour races." Neil McLachlan

Race: Single-player 1-hour race with a 10-minute pit window. If you don't save and then reload the game everything works fine.
But, if you save the game before the pit window starts, then reload that saved game and keep going, when the pit window arrives the AI just pit repeatedly, every 2 laps for the rest of the race. They pit, do an out lap, then immediately do an in lap and pit again. They never manage to do a single full lap.

In my case I was doing a 2 hour 24 hours of spa (I was testing the maximun number of AI cars that my pc can handle). Everything was fine for the first 25 minutes but after the first stint all cars started pitting non stop. No save game, no reload.
Just a new bug probably introduced with one of the last hot fixes.

And waiting for the next one as AI is now broken, it goes to the pits all the time.. Also having some performance issues. Dont know do they know these but hoping for the fix soon. Many other having the same issues when reading from Steam.
Haha, yeah, I figured I didn’t really win my 3 hour version of 9h Kyalami by 24 laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back