Assetto Corsa Competizione | More Bathurst Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Talk about looking epic....

... these new preview images of the Mount Panorama Circuit from the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione Intercontinental GT Pack DLC look simply breathtaking.

Set to feature Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Suzuka and Kyalami as part of a four-strong set of new circuits for the simulation, Kunos Simulazioni have today released a batch of new preview screens from the work-in-progress version of Bathurst within the sim, showing off the iconic mountain circuit in a variety of weather and time-of-day conditions.

As a further bonus, the new images revealed today also showcase some of the new Intercontinental GT Series liveries that are set to be included in the pack, the first time we've seen the cars in game since Kunos announced the new DLC in late 2019.

Looking good?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date has yet to be confirmed.

Want to ask our community a question about the sim? No worries, head over to the ACC sub forum and start a new thread today!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 5.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 6.jpg

Maybe ACC with GT3 class is just a test ground for AC2? Once they get it right and understand the engine, it's mostly just asset production for other classes, street cars and tracks. I don't really see the point of trying to cram other series into GT3 title if you can just be free of any restrictions and make AC2 instead, using the same technical base of ACC.

Isn't a complete racing series (any class) with all rules and regulations better then a random collection of tracks and cars with no direction? Don't get me wrong, they all have their place but don't we already have enough of the random content variety?

Isn't a complete racing series (any class) with all rules and regulations better then a random collection of tracks and cars with no direction? Don't get me wrong, they all have their place but don't we already have enough of the random content variety?

So you are saying Assetto Corsa is "random collection of tracks and cars with no direction"? I see it as a love letter to the most legendary cars and motorsport, written by Italians. Depends how you look at it I guess...
I personaly don't care much about rules and competitions. I just want to have a bit of virtual experience with cars I certainly know I'll never even see in real life, let alone drive.

So you are saying Assetto Corsa is "random collection of tracks and cars with no direction"? I see it as a love letter to the most legendary cars and motorsport, written by Italians. Depends how you look at it I guess...
I personaly don't care much about rules, realism and competitons. I just want to have a bit of virtual experience with cars I certainly know I'll never even see in real life, let alone drive.

That’s like saying ACC is a tribute to one of the greatest GT racing series on earth, both valid. AC is a sandbox though, it’s an awesome thing to play with and do what you want but ACC gets you closer to that full race experience with its rules and structure.

I’m a huge fan of both but don’t see the need to replace AC with a prettier AC at this stage, would be nice to have ACC physics but there’s more goodness in complete series I think at this stage. Who else really does them other then F1 games?

I’m a huge fan of both but don’t see the need to replace AC with a prettier AC at this stage, would be nice to have ACC physics but there’s more goodness in complete series I think at this stage.

That's what I had in mind - AC with today's physics and FFB of ACC would be nice. Graphics of UE however are too much for my PC right now.

That’s like saying ACC is a tribute to one of the greatest GT racing series on earth, both valid. AC is a sandbox though, it’s an awesome thing to play with and do what you want but ACC gets you closer to that full race experience with its rules and structure.

I’m a huge fan of both but don’t see the need to replace AC with a prettier AC at this stage, would be nice to have ACC physics but there’s more goodness in complete series I think at this stage. Who else really does them other then F1 games?

And that's may thought exactly. With all the current modding happening for AC in all directions I see no point in working on a sequel rn. Sure, ACC has better physics and FFB but modders are working on improvid even that (IER P13c).

I absolutely love AC for what it is and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it - especially thanks to the great stuff being added all the time.

But because of exactly that I don't feel like it's time for a successor of AC. AC just works brilliantly at the moment while ACC is the right thing at the right time imo. Only content is really limiting the sim rn. And if they decide to expand ACC in the future I really hope they'll stick to their "package" method for as long as possible. Not one car or one track but a complete package. So that you have a full calendar or car roster with competiton and variety. And that's whats lacking in AC.

The competition. Hence Kunos decided to develop Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Maybe ACC with GT3 class is just a test ground for AC2? Once they get it right and understand the engine, it's mostly just asset production for other classes, street cars and tracks. I don't really see the point of trying to cram other series into GT3 title if you can just be free of any restrictions and make AC2 instead, using the same technical base of ACC.
It might be for sure. Or maybe not. Example: will Unreal Engine 4 be still the core engine of AC2?
In any case many people still play AC, therefore adding GT4 cars would greatly help ACC to improve its audience. The hyper-cars instead, have the advantage to be an old SRO license and be already in AC, at least 10 of them.

On top of that both of those are much less demanding being much older and having much less pretty stuff

Much older and less pretty stuff is no argument at all, rF2 and AC are more developed and much more tuneable (ACC no custom tracks, limiteed support for personal skins and so on..). See AC with shaderlight and SOL for example and hundertes of custom tracks...

AC and rF2 being more developed and their vast community mods is not even worth arguing here. ACC was always billed as the official Blancpain title. Just like F1 games, they dont support mods. They're official. Why would they?

Can people try and move on from this? It's repetitive and adds no value as clearly there has been a misunderstanding on what the product is supposed to deliver.

ACC was always billed as the official Blancpain title. Just like F1 games, they dont support mods. They're official. Why would they?

Its not as simple as this. EAs F1 series of games was very moddable as was Crammonds GP series. GTR2 which was billed as the official FIA GT title, licensed by SRO as is ACC, was also very moddable. Kunos explained that ACC is not designed as a mod platform because is it requires extra work to do this and they felt they were better concentrating on other areas. It is not because of the SRO license.

Well Suzuka and Bathurst are two of my favorite tracks, but I can't get excited about it unless there are gameplay improvements as well. To me, ACC still feels like a driving sim, but not a racing sim. The immersion is still really not there - a lot of the so-called "serious" sims could learn a lot from Codemasters F1 "games" in that respect.

Kunos explained that ACC is not designed as a mod platform because is it requires extra work to do this and they felt they were better concentrating on other areas.

If I recall correctly, Kunos also said that they didn't want to automatically allow modding because game updates could stop mods working and they didn't want to have be responsible for making sure updates worked with mods.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.