Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

• Deleted member 241736

Will there be an extra ACC official forum? And will then KUNOS and his guys suffer negativ criticism like Paul J. reply gentle all the time in RD? Or fanboys only?

Will we have empty tracks for preseason-testing ? When i speak about empty tracks i mean, no spectators, no tents, no cameracranes, no movies on the trackscreens, no flagbanners and a complete empty paddock/pitlane.

Do cars have carbon or plain white liveries,when the team is in their pre-season preparation ?
Speaking in the kind of the preseson preperation it would be great to also have no liveries on the cars, like in reallife, when a team goes for a first rollout of their car of choice.

Does ACC include the official test days at Paul Ricard ?

Do we gonna get changing seasons like in Pcars2 ? (spring/summer/autumn/winter)

I see lots of questions/requests for extra racing series involving lots of new tracks. Anyone who has followed AC development knows that while Kunos have plenty of capacity for making new cars, their track making capacity has always been limited. The majority of ACC tracks are already in AC though presumably they will require some reworking. So this prompts my question.

We have heard about expansion in the development team. Have you recruited any more track makers?

To be fair it is mostly the same fifteen to twenty questions asked over and over again.

Exactly, I got bored reading the questions half way through page 3, the most absurd question of the lot was this one "Will those who purchased Assetto Corsa get this title for free?".

Do you work for free? ridiculous question...

Thumbs up 100 times, a absurd question, like really, so if every developer had that mind set, everyone who purchased Code Masters F1 201X should receive every single yearly copy of the F1 series for free, rFactor 2 should have been given for free if I owned rFactor 1, same goes for Project cars, and all the simbin race series, totally mind numbing questions from people you'd think are adults, with sense.

Last edited:
Will there be for offline endurance races have a AI partner?
Saving a long offline race, that would continue later?

Will we see in future dlc new series, for example ACC WEC, and whether historical series are possible, for example ACC Group-C 1993, ACC DTM 1993, ACC GrandPrix 1955, etc?

Please clarify the scope of included grids:
  • will it be GT3 cars only? (i.e. no LMP)
  • will it be tracks and cars from one season only? If so, 2018 or something else?
  • if it is one season, what are future plans? Just subsequent seasons or is there hope to hop back several years to get a different set of cars (looking at the 997 Carrera here)

Please clarify modding support:
  • Expansion in a programming language, in or out? If in, which language? If in, will be amount of information sent to apps be comparable to AC?
  • Will existing Unreal mechanisms such as their console and custom languages be supported?
  • Will programmed extensions be able to render into 2D surfaces other than the screen? I am thinking of allowing us to draw into the car's 3D dashboard (providing us with one 2D pane, I understand Kunos probably won't let us render freely into 3D). Or render into a car's existing LCD screen. This would be very beneficial in VR. Flat screen-rendered things don't actually exist in VR anymore. Rendering into a surface fixed to the car's interior would greatly help with immersion.
  • Loading of car and track mods comparable to AC? Throw in a 3D model, some sounds and a bunch of ASCII files?
  • If loading of models for cars and tracks is supported, will it be Kunos-designed interfaces only like in AC or will special Unreal engine mechanisms be exposed?
  • Any chance to be a bit easier on the modders sound-wise? I understand the bank support with no ability to override individual sounds for Kunos' own cars. For mods it would be great to use bank files and override individual items, the same way that your car 3D model comes will all the textures, but you can override individual textures simply to placing a texture file in a directory. Or to express it another way, "skins support for sounds"?

Will we have empty tracks for preseason-testing ? When i speak about empty tracks i mean, no spectators, no tents, no cameracranes, no movies on the trackscreens, no flagbanners and a complete empty paddock/pitlane.

Do cars have carbon or plain white liveries,when the team is in their pre-season preparation ?
Speaking in the kind of the preseson preperation it would be great to also have no liveries on the cars, like in reallife, when a team goes for a first rollout of their car of choice.

Does ACC include the official test days at Paul Ricard ?

Do we gonna get changing seasons like in Pcars2 ? (spring/summer/autumn/winter)
I can't imagine this will be a popular request but for the record I love this idea. This level of detail is what does it go me .

I can't imagine this will be a popular request but for the record I love this idea. This level of detail is what does it go me .

I would think of this as "skins for tracks". The same way that you have a bunch of different skins for cars that override a couple of textures you can do it for tracks. Kill spectators and banners by overriding with a transparent texture in a skin.

Have different styles of skins for the same track, which results in different advertising, more or less spectators. Spectators in summer and winter clothing. The Huns invading. That sort of think.

Just think of spectators with umbrellas. How much that would do for a rain date?

View attachment 237206
Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.