Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix Update 1.3.11 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new build update for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - updating the simulation to hotfix 1.3.11 status.

With the semi-major 1.3.11 release having already left the workshop floor of Kunos Simulazioni just a few short days ago, the development team have been quick to react to some of the unexpected consequences of the latest build, dropping a new hotfix update out onto Steam earlier today.

Although aiming to address a couple of post 1.3.10 issues, the latest patch also brings with it a few further refinements and tweaks - prior to the full V1.4 expected to drop later this month.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.3.11 Hotfix Notes:
  • Fixed a potential crash when using trackIR with helmet camera.
  • Added ignition/engine running indicator to speedo/rpm widget.
  • MFD will now only store its state when HUD is removed from screen (potential fix for stutter when cycling MFD pages after HDD power down)
  • Fixed currently viewed car label indicating wrong car brand in replay under specific conditions.
  • Fixed nationality information not transferring correctly for MP opponents in the broadcast HUD.
  • Broadcast HUD TAB leaderboard now scrolls on mouse input.
  • Fixed MP car showroom not displaying cars when official filter was selected under specific conditions.
  • Tyre tearing model fine tuning.
  • Audi R8 EVO preset setups strategies fixes.
  • Huracan EVO fine tuning.
  • Huracan ST Paul Ricard aggressive setup.
  • Huracan ST preheated tyres fix.
  • Wet tyres rear radius correction.
  • Minor rearrangement of the lights and ignition indicators.
  • Fixed the flash light HUD indicator getting stuck in the Mercedes.

Original Source: Kunos

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC 1.3.11 hotfix.jpg

Ugggh - They've buggered around with physics again. Bump stop calculations apparently, and it appears that all of my setups are now buggered - I can barely keep the car on the track half the time now - arse end going everywhere.

I do wish the devs would leave this type of thing alone once the game is fully released.

Disagree because then we'd never get important physics updates and everything will stagnate, if they did that they'd be going the pCars route and selling a new Sim every year. Instead what we've got is an ever improving Sim that evolves post "v1.0" like most other Sims out there, it can be annoying to a certain extent, but I'd rather that than no updates at all. :)

Disagree because then we'd never get important physics updates and everything will stagnate, if they did that they'd be going the pCars route and selling a new Sim every year. Instead what we've got is an ever improving Sim that evolves post "v1.0" like most other Sims out there, it can be annoying to a certain extent, but I'd rather that than no updates at all. :)

I do see your point, and yes I'm all up for improvements, but it does push me towards not buying games until they are no longer being further developed at which point they are to all intents and purposes finished.

It's a double edged sword really. On the one hand you get welcome improvements in the physical behaviour of the cars, on the other you realise that the countless hours you've put in are suddenly worth nothing because the core of the game has changed.

great shots Gourley, but have you also noticed that since the update just before cars are more prone to float at certain parts of the track and in certain lighting conditions, especially at dusk?
Thank you for your kind words....hmmm, have not noticed that as yet, but I had noticed that in AMS2 with the F-Trainer at Brands hatch which I did a screen shot and posted it in the Reiza Forums....interesting, :confused: I feel a conspiracy theory brewing :rolleyes::roflmao:

Ugggh - They've buggered around with physics again. Bump stop calculations apparently, and it appears that all of my setups are now buggered - I can barely keep the car on the track half the time now - arse end going everywhere.

I do wish the devs would leave this type of thing alone once the game is fully released.

Yes, why would they keep improving the physics, thats such a nonsense.

Yes, why would they keep improving the physics, thats such a nonsense.

Did they improve the physics or simply change them? Improving something does indeed necessitate a change, however a change does not necessarily mean an improvement.

We are currently stacked with applauded driving sims that claim to offer realistic handling, but in fact none of them actually agree with each other. You can take the same car on the same track with the same setup (as far as the sims will allow) and they'll all handle differently.

The vast majority of us here, 99.99% I'd say, have no idea how a race car of a particular model actually handles, and those few that do would be missing the most important tactile references, g forces, to be able to judge a driving sim by - it might look right, it might appear to behave right, but without that feeling in the arse it's impossible to say if it really is right.

Can driving sims be made more realistic, sure they can. However would we really notice if they were, and would we, as sim racers, be able to truthfully say with 100% surety that a sim is totally realistic. I don't think so, in fact i'd say no. And honestly If anybody thinks they could then they would be fooling themselves.

Did they improve the physics or simply change them? Improving something does indeed necessitate a change, however a change does not necessarily mean an improvement.

We are currently stacked with applauded driving sims that claim to offer realistic handling, but in fact none of them actually agree with each other. You can take the same car on the same track with the same setup (as far as the sims will allow) and they'll all handle differently.

The vast majority of us here, 99.99% I'd say, have no idea how a race car of a particular model actually handles, and those few that do would be missing the most important tactile references, g forces, to be able to judge a driving sim by - it might look right, it might appear to behave right, but without that feeling in the arse it's impossible to say if it really is right.

Can driving sims be made more realistic, sure they can. However would we really notice if they were, and would we, as sim racers, be able to truthfully say with 100% surety that a sim is totally realistic. I don't think so, in fact i'd say no. And honestly If anybody thinks they could then they would be fooling themselves.

Man, you were pissed off because your setups were invalidated. I get it. But saying that they should not alter the physics at all after the release is simply ridiculous. If they think they can improve them, why not?

By the way, those suspension changes were done after talking with the real teams and real drivers and using their feedback gathered during the last SRO charity event. Surprised?

Man, you were pissed off because your setups were invalidated.
Umm, no, hang on: if I understood correctly, his setups weren't invalidated - they just broke, i.e. the handling was awful.

It would be nice if setups had embedded game-version info so that one of two things could happen when the game code changes the interpretation of the setup: either refuse to load the setup (in other words, truly invalidate it) and warn that it's from an older version of the game, or better still load the setup and translate (where possible) the outdated values into equivalent new ones so you can get on with driving instead of detective work.

It's pretty lame to have a setup that will still load but not work properly. If you can't get it out of the pitlane you'll know there's an issue pretty quickly, but how would you feel if you were driving around with a long-trusted setup that had become only subtly broken, but you didn't realise and you spent ages trying to fix your broken driving cos you didn't realise the setup was just defective?

Does anyone know what actually changed? (It's probably a trivial matter of comparing setups saved before/after the new code.)
If it's something simple like a suspension rideHeight range changing from (say) 0-20 to 0-40, where 0 in old money maps to 10 in new money, then that would clearly break all existing setups but it would also be trivial to "upgrade" those existing setups...

Man, you were pissed off because your setups were invalidated. I get it. But saying that they should not alter the physics at all after the release is simply ridiculous. If they think they can improve them, why not?

By the way, those suspension changes were done after talking with the real teams and real drivers and using their feedback gathered during the last SRO charity event. Surprised?

How on earth did you get the idea I'm really pissed off - slightly miffed I'll admit, but i've pretty much got the setups sorted out now, and also I'm not one to get pissed off with just a video game - well apart from Sekiro, but that's something else entirely.

All I did was voice my slight miffed-ness so, well, just get over it.

As I'm exclusively using the McLaren now, the additional livery is a welcome addition (together with the rear facing camera! Wooot). Although I settled for my own "Bruce & Denny Show" works McLaren look
Fantastic video and commentary :thumbsup::thumbsup:...but what struck me as only being a Sim Racer and not having any real world racing experience was the Rumble Strip noise and vibration of the car over them....is this indicative of most rumble stripes on tracks or just the Paul Ricard track?

• Deleted member 241736

: there is only one wish for 1.4 ->
CUSTOM GRID

Last edited by a moderator:

That's probably true for us mere mortals. However, someone who raced GT3 cars in the real world would be able to comment with some authority. Take a look at this video from Nicki Thiim (go to 23:30):

More at 26:50 and 1:11:38

just doing a game with that new skin on the Macca at Monza. This might actually get to be my new go to ride, bye bye Porsche ...
2AECE52A3D57C1995DF85EFF3A7B2B79B26A6EF5

It's a pity, though, the game does not pick any of the other new skins for the AI, even if you set it as "free race weekend", it does not seem to recognize them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back