Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has received a new hotfix update.

Containing some very useful fixes to issues that occurred following the latest 'release 4' update, a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa landed on the Steam platform earlier today. Pretty decent in size for a hotfix, the latest build to drop for the rather impressive Steam Early Access title is packed full of useful improvements to the simulation, a full list of which can be seen below:

v0.4.2 Changelog
  • Fixed AI pit strategy when restarting the session
  • Fixed transmission whine not audible in cockpit views
  • Tweaked transmission whine for Lamborghini Huracàn GT3
  • Improved reverberation for Nurburgring pit alarms
  • Tweaked tire puncture sound
  • Fixed some surfaces sounds not audible driving in reverse
  • Added end race simulation for the car who are not able to cross the line during Post session time
  • Fixed team strategy timing issues in next sessions
  • Fixed final standing bug with lapped cars
  • Fixed various softlock issues with rapidly going in and out of the options menus
  • Fixed enter not working as default selector button in the for control assignment screen
  • Fixed control assignment popup not being closeable with Esc
  • Fixed softlock going in and out of the meteo, realism, assists screens
  • Track selection is now persistent in all single player game modes
  • Fixed camera when opening the replay twice in a row from the menu
  • Fixed car state during replay
  • Text keyboard input in VR ("Save" and "Rename" in Car Setup and Controller Setup, and "Server search by name" in the Multiplayer page)
  • Fixed some possible multiplayer crashes
  • Fixed a crash in VR when skipping Race 1 in a Race Weekend
  • Fixed incorrect flashing light when opponent visibility is not set to ALL
  • Fixed possible crash entering the game
  • Fixed wrong start resolution/mode in some cases
  • Fixed hotstint length not setting properly

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I have no idea what all those crying babies are babbling about in there, but I truly believe they should stick with what they use to play before AE of ACC started, since their weak PC must have been strong enough for a great SIM time. Some time I am wondering about this community.:rolleyes:

simply, they were expecting a finished game experience on a early access game, wich is impossible since we're playing a paying "beta" that need its time to be completed step after step. Imho it's growing well, i've no issues with mine GTX1060 6GB (416.86 drivers) and i'm happy; i even found ACC discounted on Fanatical in mid september at 19.86€. What can i ask more? Simply wait for more progress :p

I admit garbage is a very cryptic word. I wonder what it means when I say the game is garbage on older systems and monitors. What a thinker...

OK, I will do this.

Saying "the game is garbage on old systems and monitors" in a third party forum is complaining.

Going to the official support forums, state your computer specs and the framerate you achieve with that system with specific game settings is valid and useful feedback.

Now yes? You got it?

EDIT: and if going to the official forums and doing what I said bothers you so much, then you are one of those who sould have waited for full release, get some reviews, and if then you like it, pay full price for it, or wait even more until the first sale.

I dont expect for it to run as AC for sure, but at least it should be stable and run in 50 FPS at medium. This is realistic to expect I think.
My system is pretty solid for PC2, everything on high, it delivers around 60 FPS, and the CPU is not melting.
So I clearly do not have the money to build a new system just for ACC. I think this was a deal with Nvidia, wait until people upgrade their systems or build new systems for ACC, then later introduce optimisations for folks who were not so fortunate to buy new hardware (have decent hardware already).
I hear what you say. What I meant is that the Unreal engine might not scale as well as other engines. Meaning that older systems might be left out with playable fps even after optimization. Heck, even my system is some 2-3 years old by now! In such a fast growing market I consider that old already. I do not expect new games to run smoothly on my system to be honest. I am pleased of course if they do.

However, "screens people" can run ACC at good FPS with MUCH better graphics than VR people!
Good for them because since they are racing in their office or living room looking at a screen with their room as the surrounding with most likely a wheel attached to their desk, while in VR we are in the car on the track, the least they should have is shiny graphics at 60FPS.:roflmao:
scwdt9cqzz901.jpg

vs
project-cars-vr.jpg

Last edited:
Have just bought a g-snc monitor ( free sync probably just as good ) even though i have a
40% drop in frame rate from AC , the image flows so well the fps drop is not really noticeable.
I have no complaints about the “sims” progress at this stage of development.
I am more interested in the inclusion of useful apps to aid the car setup procedure.
I realise i am so familiar with setting up cars in AC and maybe there is or is going to be
a different avenue for this in ACC .?

Have just bought a g-snc monitor ( free sync probably just as good ) even though i have a
40% drop in frame rate from AC , the image flows so well the fps drop is not really noticeable.
I have no complaints about the “sims” progress at this stage of development.
I am more interested in the inclusion of useful apps to aid the car setup procedure.
I realise i am so familiar with setting up cars in AC and maybe there is or is going to be

Not sure ACC will run modders apps.
The setup system in ACC is supposed to be really complex as Kunos explained on their forum.
Honestly AC got so many quality mods, its hard to find better in sims racing.
The other titles are really good but AC is excellent...whit shaders patch, GBW, quality track...

I don't think SS to 200 is necessary with the Rift. Above 140 I can tell the difference, because of the screens limitation.
Same thing for the textures and foliage : low or epic it's the same for me.
I can tell you these a big difference in the writings in the cockpit. Alson the motec screen is so much clearer i can finally see everything whitout getting closer.

For the shadow and foliage these a difference but you really need to look at it. Anyway
I just want to run everything to maximum.
I find it satisfying! :cool:

It's not certain what Kunos will provide, while they may not be supporting car and track modding they may not be so hung up about apps like the ones you describe. We'll have to wait and see how comprehensive the team engineer is, If it went as far as crewchief there would be less need for apps as you could just ask the engineer.

I have looked at a couple of videos on setup for ACC, it seems to rely on feel from the car.
Ok for some, but i like something to reinforce that. i am not saying that feel is not, in the end
what it is all about. In AC you can get a very usable setup quite quickly when you use some
knowledge and some apps. And as i know virtually zero about ACC, the videos seem to
suggest that ACC setups are somewhat, a long way from the fastest set up’s, generated by a third
party test pilot. In AC once the basic setup is achieved, there is really only a smallish amount of time
left in setup, difficult to put a time on this as it can be very circuit dependant.
Any comment on the validity of that would be appreciated with respect to ACC.:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%