Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has received a new hotfix update.

Containing some very useful fixes to issues that occurred following the latest 'release 4' update, a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa landed on the Steam platform earlier today. Pretty decent in size for a hotfix, the latest build to drop for the rather impressive Steam Early Access title is packed full of useful improvements to the simulation, a full list of which can be seen below:

v0.4.2 Changelog
  • Fixed AI pit strategy when restarting the session
  • Fixed transmission whine not audible in cockpit views
  • Tweaked transmission whine for Lamborghini Huracàn GT3
  • Improved reverberation for Nurburgring pit alarms
  • Tweaked tire puncture sound
  • Fixed some surfaces sounds not audible driving in reverse
  • Added end race simulation for the car who are not able to cross the line during Post session time
  • Fixed team strategy timing issues in next sessions
  • Fixed final standing bug with lapped cars
  • Fixed various softlock issues with rapidly going in and out of the options menus
  • Fixed enter not working as default selector button in the for control assignment screen
  • Fixed control assignment popup not being closeable with Esc
  • Fixed softlock going in and out of the meteo, realism, assists screens
  • Track selection is now persistent in all single player game modes
  • Fixed camera when opening the replay twice in a row from the menu
  • Fixed car state during replay
  • Text keyboard input in VR ("Save" and "Rename" in Car Setup and Controller Setup, and "Server search by name" in the Multiplayer page)
  • Fixed some possible multiplayer crashes
  • Fixed a crash in VR when skipping Race 1 in a Race Weekend
  • Fixed incorrect flashing light when opponent visibility is not set to ALL
  • Fixed possible crash entering the game
  • Fixed wrong start resolution/mode in some cases
  • Fixed hotstint length not setting properly

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Ok .... only one question ... i have not an AAA GPU ( ATI Radeon R9 280 3GB ) before beta 0.4 the game run fine (med setting , 10 AI , misano 55..60 FPS , good weather ) but now whit 0.4, 0.4.1 , other patch with no number (release 5 or 6 days ago) , and now with 0.4.2 i have lost 20...30% on FPS .... it's just my ring or other people have see it too ?

Not only you. I have a R9 380, in the first release i could play at medium/high settings at stable 60- 75 fps (monitor refresh/freesync) uncapped more than 100 sometimes, with full grid at start something like 50-60. Now I can't pass 50FPS on lowest settings with no cars in the track, with cars is something like 40 FPS. Now it has a lot of gosthing, stutters , it is very blurry, and freesync turns off because it goes below 42 fps a lot. Cannot enjoy playing it, for me now it's only a test.

Before I could play very good and with a sharper image, no blur, no stutters, higher level of detail. I supose they will correct it, for now it's in my freezer.

Early Access is to test the game and to provide valid and useful feedback to the developers. Only for that.

Not
for complaining.

Not
for crying.

Anyone who can't understand that should have just waitied until full release and pay full price for it. Period.

I have repeated this over and over and I will keep doing it. It's so simple and so easy to understand that I feel embarassed when I need to repeat it, but I will do it anyway.

It is a basic reverb of a bathroom. The sound designers tried to create the reverb of a small space, like a car, which was a nice idea, but they just didn't manage to do it well. It's better not applying any reverb than this one, which is an immersion killer.
Horses for courses. I love the reverb and for me it’s about the only part of the sim that improves upon the original.

I would also argue that this is afterall a discussion forum where opinions are shared & those are going to be both positive & negative, It's not an official bug reporting one. People are just sharing thoughts about the progress of the EA.
I would argue that the topic is the release of hotfixes. So it make sense reporting issues, technical or artistical. Pointing out what is wrong during the early access is the best thing for the future for the sim.

Horses for courses. I love the reverb and for me it’s about the only part of the sim that improves upon the original.
I can undersgand you like this reverb, but a bathroom is not how the inside of a car sounds. It is just an unrealistic effect. And it tends to erase the raw engine sound because the mix between the raw sound and the effect is unbalanced toward the effect. I'm sure with a little work from kunos you will appreciate when they get it right. Well, I hope in 2018 the effect is applied in the sim and not in the samples, which is much more time consuming (in this case it is an emergency to get it right before implementing more cars).

Waiting on optimization...
On my system
i5 6500
16 GB DDR4
MSI Gaming RX470 4 GB
it runs like crap :(
Nice graphics indeed but it runs around 50 FPS Medium details qualifying
Race is unplayable, rain&night combo is possible as a slideshow..
One thing though has got me worried, my cpu runs always I mean always even in menu at 100%...its melting virtually.
Assetto Corsa though runs like a dream, everything on maximum, and I do expect some optimization for ACC because I like what Kunos has been doing with AC.

Waiting on optimization...
On my system
i5 6500
16 GB DDR4
MSI Gaming RX470 4 GB
it runs like crap :(
Nice graphics indeed but it runs around 50 FPS Medium details qualifying
Race is unplayable, rain&night combo is possible as a slideshow..
One thing though has got me worried, my cpu runs always I mean always even in menu at 100%...its melting virtually.
Assetto Corsa though runs like a dream, everything on maximum, and I do expect some optimization for ACC because I like what Kunos has been doing with AC.
I've got a similar system: I5 6600K, 16GB DDR4, but GTX1070 8GB.

So major difference is the GPU. I have a mix of epic/high, no supersampling (100%) plus foliage/shadows on low.
I get steady ~75fps with 20 cars on Hungaroring (dry, daylight). Simhub running in the background. CPU is pretty loaded on mine, too. GPU could do more if CPU wouldn't limit the system I'd think.

You cannot expect ACC to run the same as AC even after all optimization done. Completely different engine and IMO better graphics in ACC (besides crap AA).

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-470/3609vs3640

Almost 100 hours already driving those GT3 cars on those laser scanned tracks with beautifull graphics, rain, night, the physic and FFB are as good as I ever had and this is ony EA, imagine what full release will be!
This is really the next generation SIM.
I have no idea what all those crying babies are babbling about in there, but I truly believe they should stick with what they use to play before AE of ACC started, since their weak PC must have been strong enough for a great SIM time. Some time I am wondering about this community.:rolleyes:
All those Crying babies are giving me great entertainment , I'm ROLMFAO reading their posts , it's great. :thumbsup::cautious::D

I've got a similar system: I5 6600K, 16GB DDR4, but GTX1070 8GB.

So major difference is the GPU. I have a mix of epic/high, no supersampling (100%) plus foliage/shadows on low.
I get steady ~75fps with 20 cars on Hungaroring (dry, daylight). Simhub running in the background. CPU is pretty loaded on mine, too. GPU could do more if CPU wouldn't limit the system I'd think.

You cannot expect ACC to run the same as AC even after all optimization done. Completely different engine and IMO better graphics in ACC (besides crap AA).

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-470/3609vs3640

I dont expect for it to run as AC for sure, but at least it should be stable and run in 50 FPS at medium. This is realistic to expect I think.
My system is pretty solid for PC2, everything on high, it delivers around 60 FPS, and the CPU is not melting.
So I clearly do not have the money to build a new system just for ACC. I think this was a deal with Nvidia, wait until people upgrade their systems or build new systems for ACC, then later introduce optimisations for folks who were not so fortunate to buy new hardware (have decent hardware already).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back