Assetto Corsa Competizione has been in receipt of a brand new hotfix update today - addressing some multiplayer issues amongst other items.
Following hot on the heels of the recent release three update, today's hotfix is a welcome reaction from Kunos as they look to address a number of issues that have arisen mainly around the new multiplayer functionality within the title.
Admitting that the first pass of multiplayer was expected to require more fine tuning before it becomes a genuinely playable option within the game, Kunos have reacted quickly to review the feedback and responses from community members and deployed a new hotfix earlier today. Although a positive step in the right direction, the current build of ACC online functionality still requires further work before it offers a truly smooth gaming experience.
Dear #ACCompetizione racers, we just deployed hotfix 0.3.1 containing a number of important fixes for the Multiplayer system, but also improvements for the Singleplayer experience as well as UI.
Important note for the server admins: The accServer.exe is updated, old servers won't show up in the server selection anymore. So please update the binaries.
0.3.1 Change Log
- Enabled Chat Widget in Multiplayer Mode
- Fixed laptimes not showing up in Special Event leaderboards
- Fixed label switch in singleplayer mode
- Fixed label name during Replay after a restart
- Fixed Starting camera if when it has saved custom offset
- Fixed Spotter saying "go go go" message twice after pitstop
- accServer improvements and diagnostics
- Added message for possible Multiplayer downtimes
- Temporarily disabled pitstop during Replay
- Temporary fix for BMW M6 GT3 fuel consumption. The setup fuel estimate remains broken, fix on next release
- Tyre scrub/vibration FFB fine tuning
- Fixed missing D-Pad navigation for "Brake ducts" and "Caster" options in Setup Page
- Fixed help text not changing when hovering options in MatchMaking Advanced options page
- Fixed MatchMaking Advanced options "Preferred drivers count" decrementing by 2 when confirmed
- Improved positional sound for exteriors
- Reworked distance attenuation, distance filter and reverb dynamic for exterior sounds (still WIP)
- Improved remote car movement for speeds below ~30 kmh
To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.
Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!