Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has been in receipt of a brand new hotfix update today - addressing some multiplayer issues amongst other items.

Following hot on the heels of the recent release three update, today's hotfix is a welcome reaction from Kunos as they look to address a number of issues that have arisen mainly around the new multiplayer functionality within the title.

Admitting that the first pass of multiplayer was expected to require more fine tuning before it becomes a genuinely playable option within the game, Kunos have reacted quickly to review the feedback and responses from community members and deployed a new hotfix earlier today. Although a positive step in the right direction, the current build of ACC online functionality still requires further work before it offers a truly smooth gaming experience.

Dear #ACCompetizione racers, we just deployed hotfix 0.3.1 containing a number of important fixes for the Multiplayer system, but also improvements for the Singleplayer experience as well as UI.

Important note for the server admins: The accServer.exe is updated, old servers won't show up in the server selection anymore. So please update the binaries.

0.3.1 Change Log

• Enabled Chat Widget in Multiplayer Mode
  • Fixed laptimes not showing up in Special Event leaderboards
  • Fixed label switch in singleplayer mode
  • Fixed label name during Replay after a restart
  • Fixed Starting camera if when it has saved custom offset
  • Fixed Spotter saying "go go go" message twice after pitstop
  • accServer improvements and diagnostics
  • Added message for possible Multiplayer downtimes
  • Temporarily disabled pitstop during Replay
  • Temporary fix for BMW M6 GT3 fuel consumption. The setup fuel estimate remains broken, fix on next release
  • Tyre scrub/vibration FFB fine tuning
  • Fixed missing D-Pad navigation for "Brake ducts" and "Caster" options in Setup Page
  • Fixed help text not changing when hovering options in MatchMaking Advanced options page
  • Fixed MatchMaking Advanced options "Preferred drivers count" decrementing by 2 when confirmed
  • Improved positional sound for exteriors
  • Reworked distance attenuation, distance filter and reverb dynamic for exterior sounds (still WIP)
  • Improved remote car movement for speeds below ~30 kmh
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

I can't take it anymore.... How many times are you going to repeat yourself? I've read this same post like 100 times from you. We get it you liked R1 and you don't like how it changed. Time to move on instead sounding like a broken record on every post you make on every forum. No matter how many times you bring it up it won't change.
wrong LilSki, I repeat and complain and repeat and complain the cruel deadzone again and again since EA 0.1, KUNOS fix it well and pushed me out of the forum, but -> mission complete that‘s what I want. :D

Ok lads, I was very reserved towards ACC until now. I couldn't get my head around the driving feel of the game AT ALL. There were obviously problems with the T500RS steering wheel, so I was not too bothered in the beginning. But I didn't have any fun playing ACC EA until today.

Today I d/l'ed 0.3.3 and did a few laps with the Hurracan around Nürburgring GP. What a difference! I cannot believe this is the same game! Honestly, I did my first 1.56 lap today. Before today and the current update I was struggling to go 2:00 flat.

So much more steering feel, I could really lean on the tires, much improved sense of speed, the car did exactly what I put into the steering. WOW!

Downsides: Problem with textures LOD, some weird shadows around the car and serious lags of 2-5 seconds (!) ingame while playing offline. In a race with 20 cars the game got laggier and laggier as I went along. I had to cancel the race after some 3 laps. The weird thing was, that FPS didn't drop while the lags got heavier (~55fps). Really strange. (BTW my config: http://www.sysprofile.de/id193482)

Anyways: From today on ACC has made a huge step in my book. Bring it on Kunos! WOW!

The "nameplateSetting.json" file in my documents has exactly the same numbers, but I still have the driver's names over the cars. "V" key does nothing. I'm using a single screen, not VR.

The issue has been reported in the official ACC support forum. No solution to the problem there either.

Last edited:
Probably frequently for a month or two. And then again some times if it will fit in the momentum of discussion subject. I have moved on, but I keep the opinion about situation. I also don't take your note about me as an argument. Take it or leave it, no drama.

Your opinion is that you liked something that was objectively broken/incorrect.

This is why people dont value your opinion on the matter and are annoyed by you constantly bringing it up.

Progress has happened, and you are the only one that is wanting to go back in time to a lesser experience.

but honestly looking at what majority of "simracers" are looking for it is not hard to tell how it is.

At least the majority of simracers know better :)

I don't believe that there was bug.

No one must agree with anyone. If opinion is not valuable, then fanboys don't get triggered, don't ban for not being "your kind of guy", and so on... If it was not valuable, it would be simply nothing. I can't understand why should a person always look for agreements, if thats when opinion is "valuable" then it is exactly not.

It is absurd to comical level, as it is not about being negative about title at all, at least it wasn't so. But it was about being impressed by initial EA release physics. Which was great STEP IN TIME/simulation forward. Maybe something was "bugged", maybe, I don't say no. But couldn't be much, if it was.

To look better at time frame I think that development prior ACC R1 took way longer than development of ACC R2, and time is linear, or isn't it ? I suppose that Ac also took step back in time when David Dominguez prooved that SAT response was way too soon in build 1.3 IIRIC. You can even google "sat vs slip angle", the first result should be linking exactly to that thread here in RD. Lets say AC was already on the easy side with that, so thanks for David that he managed to proove it nicely.

To clear the things up I never wanted such kind of attention, I only have opinion and interest, and only wanted to voice the opinion and discuss. I want none of soap opera elements. And I hate to be a in center of attention myself, I wish it would be the opinion and the subject. But the party is not intelligent enough, and even if I am wrong doesn't even seek for education which should always go step by step with simulation.

Don't end up with flat slip curve peaks, and much too early FFB outputs. I don't want ruin the fun for so many people. It wouldn't be fair. So keep it, and I'll keep the opinion, is that wrong ?

The latest FFB feels great to me, there is a real sense of what the car and tyres are doing. The driver feedback menu with the detail on how to improve is also useful - clearly I'm over driving the cars more than I thought.

I may be doing something wrong but I no longer seem to be able to see my position on the leaderboards for the Special Events after completing the event. I also noticed the 'medals' for the new track aren't updating either. No big deal but I thought I'd check in case I've missed something I need to do to get these working again - the laptimes etc are the best part of the game for me at this stage.

Multiplayer seems to be working ok but there is a long way to go here. The jarring jump when players join a lobby makes gameplay difficult but it's early days so I'm sure that will improve in time.

I don't believe that there was bug.

No one must agree with anyone. If opinion is not valuable, then fanboys don't get triggered, don't ban for not being "your kind of guy", and so on... If it was not valuable, it would be simply nothing. I can't understand why should a person always look for agreements, if thats when opinion is "valuable" then it is exactly not.

It is absurd to comical level, as it is not about being negative about title at all, at least it wasn't so. But it was about being impressed by initial EA release physics. Which was great STEP IN TIME/simulation forward. Maybe something was "bugged", maybe, I don't say no. But couldn't be much, if it was.

To look better at time frame I think that development prior ACC R1 took way longer than development of ACC R2, and time is linear, or isn't it ? I suppose that Ac also took step back in time when David Dominguez prooved that SAT response was way too soon in build 1.3 IIRIC. You can even google "sat vs slip angle", the first result should be linking exactly to that thread here in RD. Lets say AC was already on the easy side with that, so thanks for David that he managed to proove it nicely.

To clear the things up I never wanted such kind of attention, I only have opinion and interest, and only wanted to voice the opinion and discuss. I want none of soap opera elements. And I hate to be a in center of attention myself, I wish it would be the opinion and the subject. But the party is not intelligent enough, and even if I am wrong doesn't even seek for education which should always go step by step with simulation.

Don't end up with flat slip curve peaks, and much too early FFB outputs. I don't want ruin the fun for so many people. It wouldn't be fair. So keep it, and I'll keep the opinion, is that wrong ?
Having seen data for racing tire slip curves, the tires in R1 had approximately 150% of the dropoff of a typical GT tire (not possible to tell definitively due to lack of data display/telemetry). R2 tires (and onwards) have a reasonable slip dropoff and generally feel rather similar to tires made to match data in AC. So what's your point about the SAT issue that was in AC? David, someone with data, suggested AC to be wrong based on his data. For ACC, forum users with observations on car behavior suggested ACC to be wrong based on those observations. A comparison of tires that matched known real life data and R1 tires was used to formulate my personal opinion, which was then added to the discussion. Kunos obviously looked into it, and by the next release, it better matched most people's expectations (including those of real drivers). It's not an entirely dissimilar process to what happened with AC (same with load sensitivity, etc.) and certainly holds more backing than your (baseless?) opinion.

Last edited:
What an error, hard to believe how it slipped for a single car release, for dedicated sim, where you have teams, engineers and drivers in touch (but not player base before release, and they knows best). Yeah, 50% too much seams A LOT indeed, wouldn't have imagined it could been that much, though it feels something like that comparing R1 To R2, or R1 to AC. I wonder what is included in those percents, amont of lateral force drop-off, or the speed of drop-off, or both ?

Also what about danger of spinning out on marbles ? Also being rewarded by staying on grippy rubbered optimum line ? It is like everything Austin Ogonski said was applied (said that handling was horrible, then casually with no FFB did 1'53 lap, "good argument"):
, Project Cars on the way.

I guess viscous hydroplaning as for grip on wet rubbered tarmac is not even going to happen.

My point about the SAT issue is that it happened once. It is one more tool to make the car handle more stable. And you can have excuses like we don't have seat feel, and that there is input lag to justify it.

I just bought PC2 (demo was actually enough I can say now) just to study it. There is some secret stability control, and automatic opposite lock. Even when you disable it. Also sliding friction feels like a lottery, you can do whatever, and then it lets you "go" once like if to give one hint that it is realistic, and then continues to let you to drive as abruptly as you want. And that is widely considered as a sim and has a decent market for it. Automobilista and rF2, a decent sims, doesn't seem to be mentioned more in various simracing related environments. So whats next ?

I take the word "baseless", it is really not based on anything solid. It is just logic and observation. But it is not getting weaker.

This is exactly the effect I spoke about some weeks ago in one of my post. Very frustrating at that time.
I don't say that I don't like ACC. I was just surprised of this behaviour at low speed, that I personally observed in the first release, with the huracan.
As soon as the slip begins at low speed, no way to counter it.
Curiously, it seems that the handling was less problematic at high speed.
I may be wrong, but I have not seen that with the Bentley. Not sure if it is always a problem, because I don't have the time currently to test a lot the last release.

I have a very limited experience with real racing car, but I had the opportunity to drive a 911 gt3 cup on track, with slicks.
I can really assure everybody here that such a car on slick will NEVER slip like that at 100 km/h.
On the contrary, and for a normal guy like me, it is impossible to make a 911 on slicks slip on track.
Just because you are just too scary to push the car until the car reach this limit.
I am not a hero , just a normal guy. I want to live !
The adherence with slicks on a real car is just unreal.

@manu68 Why it wouldn't slip at 100km/h ? I suppose that it could if you come at it aggressively enough, depending on radius of the turn, if the steering is not smooth, if the differential coast is loose enough allowing the car to turn much, if the rear rebound is very restricted so rear tires would unload too much, ARB's settings... also there is much less downforce in low speed, I suppose it is not using Murrays fan technology haha

This being said, I also had this problem in the first one or two days, then I thought that I got used and learned, but it most likely was a hotfix, and the rest of R1 was great, shame is that many probably didn't give another shot after first few days, or didn't put a decent try. Some apparently had a problem with FFB in T500.

Gotta pay attention that Austin is a Project Cars guy, and thats the weirdest thing !

I don't say that I don't like ACC. I was just surprised of this behaviour at low speed, that I personally observed in the first release, with the huracan.
As soon as the slip begins at low speed, no way to counter it.
Talk about oversteer.....When navigating the turn 2-3-4 complex on the NRBGR at normal speeds, once the car starts to go you cannot get it back - at least I can't and, yes, at higher speeds the car willingly accepts corrections. It would seem that you should be able to push the car harder at slower speeds, but maybe this is true to life. IDK, but seems gratuitous.

Last edited:
I have a CSW V1 that costs a fraction of a DD wheel and it works great. I'm pretty sure you may need to check out how to set it up to make it feel better...?
could be that!but I don't know I just like the way how feels AC!Specially bumps on road feel more realistic then ACC!Something from build one is still not fix this what I think!But could be setup!!!also can be!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%