Featured ACC: Multiplayer Fixes on Route - Online Servers Down

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,966

Kunos confirm multiplayer fixes are on the way, online servers temporarily disabled.

Assetto Corsa Competizione release three brought plenty of new goodies, including a very basic first pass at multiplayer, however it seems like some unintended problems have arisen that has led Kunos Simulazioni to remove server access until the end of the coming weekend.

As can be expected with such a sizable new build, on a game engine brand new to the development team, these sorts of issues can very easily arise and cause more issues than initially expected. What is good news is that Kunos have acknowledged the issues, and appear to be hard at work making the appropriate adjustments to the title as they strive to achieve a more stable and performance friendly build version.

ACC.jpg

You can check out the full statement from Kunos below:

Dear ACC racers, we're looking after you...

We finally released the 0.3 release of our Steam Early Access programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione on schedule, including the Practice Session in Multiplayer mode, which allows us to stress test our systems as a first step of the multiplayer experience we are building.

You can probably imagine how much stability difference there is when moving from a reasonable amount of beta testers to thousands of simultaneous players: nothing unexpected on our side.

Here at KUNOS, developers have been working on the server backend since the night of the release, and we would like to ask for your patience regarding some global server downtime until the end of the weekend, while we will keep tuning the system to give more stability for your Multiplayer racing experience.

Online multiplayer is expected to return to the title from next week, however please be prepared for further delays if the studio believe it necessary in order to get to the bottom of the current issues.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 11
  2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,268
    Np. I hope they find the reason for crashing.
    Oky back to work (Motegi).

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 6
  3. Sonoafafayon

Sonoafafayon

Ratings:
    +72
    All good, glad they're taking quick action to fix the servers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover Premium

Ratings:
    +427
    Carry on Kunos, thanks for tell us the true.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +121
    @Paul Jeffrey please can you reply to my IM regarding my Kunos question? Thanks!

6. Doug Taylor

Doug Taylor

Ratings:
    +171
    I can't even map my Fanatec wheel and pedals let alone play mp! So frustrating!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +208
    What's happening exactly that's not working? I've been using my CSW v2.5 with Mclaren rim + CS v3i pedals since release 1 without any issue. I did notice that my brake mapping switch isn't working (worked in previous releases) but I haven't been bothered to check what's wrong.

8. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +507
    Strange as I can and, I believe, many others have done so as well.
    What Fanatec system are you using?

9. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +185
    pressure and trash from the community in terms of 0.3 EA was to heavy not to listen. Thx for thinking twice.

10. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips

Ratings:
    +7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Vincent.C

Vincent.C
    Another WEC driver ! Premium

Ratings:
    +141
    Kunos Dev, take your time! It's an Early Access. No worry if it doesn't work few days/weeks.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +144
    Paul Ricard in the rain is so pretty :inlove:

13. shadow118

shadow118

Ratings:
    +366
    Even on low to mid graphics it looks better in the rain, because in the dry the tarmac is pretty much one solid color for me :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    :laugh: Sorry guys.
    It almost never rain in Le castellet. no really need to simulate rain there !
    (Or it rains a lot, but it doesn't last long).

Personally, what disapointed me is that Kunos could not implement the "cigales" sound and heavy movment of the tree because of the wind "Mistral" !
    You know, it is a part of Provence, and the "cigales" songs is a part of it . so as the "Mistral" of course :D
    (Joke)

• Haha Haha x 3
  15. xmlinc

xmlinc

Ratings:
    +12
    • Disagree Disagree x 19
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Mantii

Mantii
    "The speed was ok, but corner too tight." Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Fired up the latest version last night and like it quite a bit. Saw performance improvements, VR works great albeit with some missing features/polish. I really like the new animation system during pit stops. The M6 is also a very welcome addition, but not the biggest fan of the new track I must admit. But it’s nice since it’s not one we are used to having. There is still some funky stuff going on with the graphics, hope they get that polished.

Overall, I think they are doing great and progressing nicely as an EA title. As a work in progress game, this is going to be all over the place as far as features, bugs, polish, setbacks, etc. I think for those that bought into the EA but want a complete and finished experience, please readjust your expectations. Otherwise come back next year or at the end of next year once the full game is released and has had a couple of patches after that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +443
    Sure. Let's just suffocate this baby in its infancy and move on to AC2 brahhhhhh :geek:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. shadow118

shadow118

Ratings:
    +366
    Maybe wait utill it's released, or at least more complete, before branding it a failure?

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +248
    Naaaa, better to go forward and think about AC5 with holographic display and 22.2 super-immersive sound :roflmao:

It's funny to read some people destroying a game which is in Early Access state, before playing the actual release version and judge a finished product. :cool::D:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +25
    I have no problems with my Fanatec gear ( 1.5 CSW + CS Pedals V2 + SQ V 1.5 )

All works great here !

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.