Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.3.6 Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released.

The new build, version 1.3.6, mostly addresses some issues that have cropped up with the AI in game - specifically an issue with pitstop regularity when racing against computer controlled opponents in weekend game modes.

The new update is available now, and should automatically download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Changelog v1.3.6
  • Fixed AI cars repeatedly pitting in race weekend game modes.
  • Fixed occasional stuttering using the opponent visibility setting against AI cars.
  • Setup UI and functionality bugs and fixes

Previous Update Notes:

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

ACC Hotfix Update 1.3.6.jpg

Last edited:
This sim is incredible using gyro with the steam controller.

Kunos were smart using the unreal engine,the game looks absolutely stunning but it still has the Kunos physics pedigree,AI is very good if you are patient like real race drivers and pick your moment to pass instead of going rabies style to every corner trying to bump into cars for position,if you give opponent ai cars respect and pick your overtakes,the game becomes very enjoyable,took me a while to figure that one out.

Last edited:
Totally agree with smasha.

The AI you have to study it carefully and understand the weak points and then perform the maneuver.

What we look for in a simulator is that it looks as much as possible to real races, this is the best game, the best simulator.

Hotfix v 1.3.7 is available to download NOW on Steam!

- Mercedes and Porsche (non-Evo) fuel estimations fixed for Paul Ricard and Monza in the aggressive preset
- Fixed AI driver stint protection in saved games to avoid forcing the AI to do a pitstop after driver swaps
- Fixed Stability Control saving inconsistently for values between 0 and 100%
- MP: Added assistRules.json for non-public servers
- MP: Updated server admin handbook to version 7c
- MP: Minor improvements for values written into the result.json file

Game feels great, just wish it would run better on my PC. Have to run no mirrors and settings down pretty low to get triples on a measly i5 7500.

There is only one area where this game falls down.....NETCODE!!! Fix that bloody netcode. Cars warping, the elastic effect down the straights, it's just poor for such a good game! Nearly impossible to play against overseas players if ping is greater than 250-300ms. None of this is an issue in RF2 and AMS, so it is quite disappointing in ACC. Hope some effort is put into fixing it as the cars feel amazing to drive and I want to drive more.

I get that they're overseas players, but in all honesty anybody with a ping of over 100ms should be kicked from the server (actually over 50ms if I had my way)

Netcode can't rewind time, all it can do is guess, and if you're playing against people with a 250-300ms then you're not playing against those people, your playing against a computer that trying simulate those people.

I get that they're overseas players, but in all honesty anybody with a ping of over 100ms should be kicked from the server (actually over 50ms if I had my way)

Netcode can't rewind time, all it can do is guess, and if you're playing against people with a 250-300ms then you're not playing against those people, your playing against a computer that trying simulate those people.
I disagree. We have no issues with these ping values in AMS and RF2. Can easily race door to door. As long as there is ping stability there are zero issues. I don't see why ACC should be any different.

That being said there were issues in ACC even against users from the same country with less than 50ms ping, ie the elastic effect. So there are some serious netcode issues still. I just hope the fix to really make a "close to perfect" game

Ah yes, let's alienate players because of bad netcode.

I just did a league with a ping of 200. My connection is stable and there's no warping. I've also been doing online racing in other games since 2012, including on Racedepartment. Your assumptions are unnecessary and without substance.

I fired up ACC once again after a few months yesterday and i had some BSOD's also wich in other games i didnt have,did you OC youre PC because thats probably the reason why,well thats on my end most of the time the reason.
I think now it is my XMP profile wich is not stable,but if you have OC'ed i would start with raising youre cpu voltage a bit.
I don't need to OC my machine, everything is default.

The problem is most likely your system. Since the start of EA I had 2 crashes in total.
Yes my system LOL.:roflmao:
I can run my CFD and ML inferencing models for a week leveraging ~70% of 2x Xeon Platinum 8284 1TB of DDR4, 4GPUs and run at the same time AC all day without a blip.

I am sure it is my system... insert a lot of sarcasm here. What are you going to say next that ACC doesn't run well on a CFD workstation?

What are you going to say next that ACC doesn't run well on a CFD workstation?

For some reason, that does seem to be the case! If the overwhelming majority of players with “normal” desktop PCs can run it without problems, the only conclusion is that it’s something in your hardware/software/driver setup that’s causing the problem. No one is questioning the power of your system. It may be the 4 GPUs which are causing the issue.

I fired up ACC once again after a few months yesterday and i had some BSOD's also wich in other games i didnt have,did you OC youre PC because thats probably the reason why,well thats on my end most of the time the reason.
I think now it is my XMP profile wich is not stable,but if you have OC'ed i would start with raising youre cpu voltage a bit.
OC is only bad if you didn't do it properly. I've run ACC on my system on:
- 7600K OC'd @ 5.05GHz
- 8700K OC'd @ 5.1GHz
- 9700K OC'd @ 5.2GHz

If you've done stress testing and got the voltages/temps stable, you won't have any issues - I certainly have had only good experiences with it. Did the Kyalami 9 hours last week on AOR, I was in-game for 10 hours straight, 7 of them driving without any problems.

Approaching 200 hours total in ACC as well, so I'd suggest a stable OC works really well.

Wow! Did a SP 6h at Paul Ricard in ACC recently, but divided in 3 stints. Will start a SP Spa12h, but surely will not be able to simrace for more than 3 hours straight.
Haha wasn't straight luckily, would've been dead.

1 hour practice/quali and 1 hour stint, then 1 hour rest, then another 1 hour stint, 1 hour rest and then a 2-hour double stint, 1 hour rest and another 2-hour double stint.

Amazing fun though, felt like 9 hours went by in 2 hours.

For some reason, that does seem to be the case! If the overwhelming majority of players with “normal” desktop PCs can run it without problems, the only conclusion is that it’s something in your hardware/software/driver setup that’s causing the problem. No one is questioning the power of your system. It may be the 4 GPUs which are causing the issue.
Yeah the hardware is the problem... :rolleyes: every other app runs just fine, ACC doesn't, it surely must be the hardware and others drivers.... ACC is just perfect.... It must be the wall Trump is building, or a solar flare in another galaxy...

Can you read a memory dump? if you do, I could share one and see if you can explain why ACC is referencing memory address that is reserved for the kernel or trying to use Nvidia's reserved verbs.

Please if you are speculating, take a big and deep breath, and save your speculation for yourself.

every other app runs just fine, ACC doesn't it surely must be the hardware and others drivers

No one’s saying that ACC is perfect, but it isn’t the same as “every other app”. Unless you’re comparing ACC to another sim which uses the Unreal engine (KartKraft), the comparison isn’t valid. It’s obvious that you don’t seem to want to accept it may be a problem specifically between your system and ACC, but the fact that most others are running it successfully means that that is the most obvious conclusion. Have you posted your logs on the official Kunos site? You’re most likely to get the best information from there.

Can you read a memory dump? if you do, I could share one and see if you can explain why ACC is referencing memory address that is reserved for the kernel or trying to use Nvidia's reserved verbs.
If that was the cause, why doesn't cause issues on single GPUs?

And nobody's saying the game is flawless, just that some issues can be user/game specific. No pc user in history has had no issues with any game whatsoever - yoiu will always have a game/hardware combo or even system config that not all devs have thought of.

No need to think of weird theories of why games aren't working unless you have proof.

If that was the cause, why doesn't cause issues on single GPUs?

And nobody's saying the game is flawless, just that some issues can be user/game specific. No pc user in history has had no issues with any game whatsoever - yoiu will always have a game/hardware combo or even system config that not all devs have thought of.

No need to think of weird theories of why games aren't working unless you have proof.
The verb calls are to the driver, the memory address calls are done to the user land of memory manger. AAC can not interface with the hardware period. If you told me that the driver and memmgr and faulting with their calls then it is an OS-Driver-filter driver issue.
have nothing to do with one or 2, 3, 4 5 a million GPUs. ACC invokes a verb to the driver or to a memory address not to the hardware itself for the simple fact that ACC does not have their own drivers.

I can repro the bad calls coming from ACC to the Nvidia driver with either 1,2,3,4 GPUs, 1TB, 512GB and 256GB of ram.

Any how, I will wait for a few months until there are more patches, hopefully there will be a fix. Until then I am going with AC.

Unsubscribing from the thread.

have nothing to do with one or 2, 3, 4 5 a million GPUs. ACC invokes a verb to the driver or to a memory address not to the hardware itself for the simple fact that ACC does not have their own drivers.

I can repro the bad calls coming from ACC to the Nvidia driver with either 1,2,3,4 GPUs, 1TB, 512GB and 256GB of ram.

Then please explain why, if there's something wrong with the game code, the vast majority of users are having no problems with it? Are we all somehow using different game code to you? Is ACC sending different data to the graphics driver on our machines compared to yours? Did you post your logs on the official Kunos site?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back